Posts by SendFoodPics

people keep trying to point out and put the entire blame on the handful of celebs that may or may not have been there.

This simply wasn't a couple of people's fault. The entire crowd acted with 0 empathy toward the victims.

THIS. I am so affected by it because of this. It is 100% the crowd's fault - this disaster could have been heavily minimized if the crowd initially complied. A few people tried to save the victims, and could have saved people but hundreds of others are acting like idiots with no basic empathy. What can an ambulance do when they are wasting precious seconds because people are BLOCKING them? How many more police can possibly do anything when people refuse to move?

Technically Boa is still counted as a strong soloist. Kpop does not care for older females but she still had hits like Only One at an older age and dominated as a teenager. She wasn't far off IU in her prime.

IZ*One soloists are doing fine. Nothing horrible, but nothing big enough to "breakout". I have a feeling Yuri will have a breakout hit soon but again, probably not to the level of being a super relevant soloist.

Shakira is very talented but due to her tax evasion case in Spain she’ll have to work the timing out. Other football players were recently charged too but they only paid fines…so I dunno

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27…ira-tax-fraud-trial-spain

Eh, tax evasion cases are very common with Spanish celebs, part of it is political too since her ex-boyfriend was very pro-Catalonia and breaking away from Spain and obviously the government has been hounding her since.

Shakira noona has become a nugu though ^^

She just had her biggest hit in 2 years, and her last hit has 3B views, another is approaching 1B. She's as relevant as ever surprisingly.

Crowd Control should be taught to everyone as a basic life skill. These events have been rising globally and I fear people lack basic common sense in these situations and get fuelled by panic.

above 20 min of cardiac arrest results in irreversible damage to the brain, so those who have survived after a long/late resuscitation will likely face very low quality of life If not handicap.

Yep, a 10 minute delay for an ambulance is the difference between life and death even with civilians/medical officials quickly administering cardiac arrest. I really hope people re-revaluate their moral senses after this.

To be fair Hyuna has held her own for 10+ years as a soloist. It makes sense her hype has been fading now but that's the reality for a female in kpop, she did well enough to make a mark on the Korean soloist world. Hyuna was overexposed post her CUBE exit and part of the reason she's not doing so well is because she's choosing to make unconventional music. She deserves to be up there with Taeyeon imo because she basically pulled Cube from the trenches. (even if Taeyeon is doing better now, she debuted far later as a soloist and with more company backing).

Whereas with Sunmi she should be doing way better than she is now because her music is still very GP-catered but she's not.

Hyori I would say is probably the biggest brand of female soloist in kpop.

Even the strongest soloist will have a waning period, unless they choose to take breaks themselves or branch out in different career fields. This is true in the Western World too - why is Harry Styles trying to act? Why are Bad Bunny and Maluma acting? Why is Shakira on TV shows ie the Voice?

Itaewon is a neighborhood in Seoul that is popular for partying, bars, etc. A lot of people went to celebrate Halloween this weekend and it was way too overcrowded. A stampede occurred, a lot of people were crushed or suffocated. Currently reported as 120 people killed and 100 injured, but likely more.

Hospitals in the area are very likely overwhelmed - I am assuming there are some drug related reasons why a few people are going into cardiac arrest faster, it seems like LSD was being handed out at nearby bars which means the full death toll won't be realized until 2 or 3 days later, along with the stampede deaths. Additionally due to ambulances being forced to wait, many people may end up brain dead.

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? SO many lives could have been saved - a lot of civilians did step up to the occasional and performed CPR but there's not enough AEDs nor is there enough ambulances for them to wait???.

Itewon already didn't had the best reputation, after this they really need to reexamine the structure of the whole area.

This is a massive urban planning failure.

I am horrified by the lack of security personnel and medical professionals, as well as the reaction from the crowds. Some sort of cap/limit MUST be put in place because this is just Halloween...New years could be 100x worse. What a horrible way to go when it should be a fun night out. The drunk passerby do not help. This all could have been avoided.

IVE is clearly #1 right now, and I don't see any other group taking it away from them atm. IVE effortlessly stomping digitally both in domestic and international, selling physical albums like hotcakes, have the it girl of the 4th gen and got the japanese market. I'm not sure what happened to aespa, but SM is clearly mismanaging them sooooooooooo bad because they have so much potential like they were doing so well from next level to savage. Ive and Aespa remind me so much of what happened to SNSD and Wonder Girls. Wonder girls (aespa) dominated Korea but were shipped to America, then SNSD took over (IVE).

Wonder Girls were mismanaged way worse than any group this gen, and I was a huge stan. Quite literally left for America for over a year cold turkey, and had their 2nd most popular member leave (Hyuna), added 2 new members, had their leader leave...etc. Not to mention JYP had wonder girls in a) illegal housing, b) extended the employment visa for them to even remain in America for so long (which wasn't allowed), and c) the girls didn't even have health insurance. Also Wonder Girls had a MASSIVE car accident that injured them for a while, and so they were hurt by momentum.

SNSD had a lot of unpopular releases...there wasn't really a strong hit streak like Wonder Girls with No Body, Tell Me, So Hot back to back.

Aespa had a polarizing comeback, and still hit the sales target. I think now SM is focusing on Korean audience for Aespa (since New Jeans and Ive are doing well there) and they may get them on varieties/MCing/that kind of stuff.

Nonstop comebacks like Ive doesn't work with Aespa because the music is very different. SM saw Girls didn't work and the public liked stuff like Next Level/Savage. If Aespa has multiple comebacks the allure of the concept wears off.

Why is Sm so stupid, Although it makes sense for them to wait until next year because they sell a ton of albums, but it's still doesn't make sense. Cause they are still new girl group. These days, there is a problem with SM management. :pepe-shrug:

I wonder if they are filming an actual reality show/going on varieties? Because Ningning said there are a lot of schedules....assuming GOT the 2nd version releases as well, it makes sense all of Aespa would be preoccupied if they got an actual show.

Well PD48 was kind of obvious. Idol School was so heavily rigged that all the members were pretty much finalized the minute they signed up, and most signed contracts before coming on the show.

The rumors were that either Song Hayoung (good dance and stable vocal) and Gyuri were the ones who initially weren’t in the lineup but producers saw their potential and brought them in. Gyuri was in a tough spot because she wasn’t considered very talented and was a bit of a last minute addition - so as a popularity boost went to PD48 and gained a lot of fans for her vocal/visual.

I think she just didn’t see a great future with Fromis. Her fans are supportive of the acting pathway. Most of Fromis fans skew heavily male however Gyuri is one of the few members with majority female fans. This probably played a huge reason into why she left. Acting generally goes well with idols who cater to a majority female audience.

It is a blow to Fromis as a group. Probably their most popular member with Hayoung and Nakko. But it’s her right and hopefully things go well.

I actually have a few moots in common with one of the writers (who has no clue what's going on) but I think Sneakers is the Bside, and Checkmate is the TT. ITZY are the queens (in a chess game) and they're checkmating us. That's the concept I believe.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or maybe there's 2 back to back Korean comebacks and this is to drum up hype? Noise marketing? They could have lied about only one....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OR sneakers is a collab with Jojo Siwa :pepe-notes:

FWrpOuFXkAYlAeH?format=jpg&name=small

On the POSTER the name Sneakers is hiding the name CHECKMATE - I think they are releasing a pre-release title track or something.

Even if XG are not directly affiliated with YG and are under Avex, they used the YGEX studio and some of their trainers helped train the girls. YG could easily partner up with Avex and be a part of their management. Just imagine if that was the case. This gg would be the top of the game and create some buzz and positivety to YG. While we wait for BlackPink comeback and YNGG, XG could have gained hype in the meanwhile for them. Seriously, just look at this performance. I haven't seen so much power and swag since BP's debut!

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

It probably has to do with being connected to Japan and YG's previous scandals there. YG is facing inquiry on their Japanese businesses, just like SM in Hong Kong.

She should direct that at her former prod staff and not at sunmi. If she only said that okay, but she indirectly implies that sunmi is boring and sorry that’s shady af

I mean Jessi is brash but I took it as Sunmi is a way calmer person than her, not in a boring way but that the format of the show is one where the host has to be very outgoing.

SBS specifically kicked Jessi out because they wanted somone allegedly more "conservative" which is why Jessi is unhappy. (rumors were circling on pann but I didn't take them to be true) Sunmi is obviously what they mean by conservative.

Production Staff have no say on this.

Edit: Part 2 of her instagram live has her saying good things about Sunmi, I don't think Sunmi knew about it either.