Posts by the101

Hey bunnies! The NewJeans LE badges are up!

One more note - if you like rap, I'd highly recommend these b-sides:

As I noted, 127 has the strongest group of rappers and the MarkYong pairing is much beloved in N City. They represent two very different styles but complement each other so nicely!

Mad City - Mark and Taeyong spit bars at each other on this classic early 127 track (on the #NCT127 EP) and it's mesmerizing on the live version.

Misfit - this track from Resonance features nearly every NCT rapper (Shotaro, Winwin, Lucas and Jaemin are missing and not missed tbh - none are very strong rappers, it's not really what they're in the group for - they're in for dance or visuals). Even the rappers who are a little weaker raise their game here but you can watch this and see very clearly who the best rappers are in the group: Taeyong, Mark, YangYang and Sungchan.

The order in this video:

• Mark (127/Dream)
    • Taeyong (127)
    • Jeno (Dream)
    • YangYang (WayV)
    • Sungchan (no unit yet)
    • Hendery (WayV)
    • Mark again
    • Johnny (NCT 127)
    • Taeyong again to close

Recs for each unit:

NCT 127 - Bring the Noize (from Sticker)

Jaehyun has returned to rapping (he actually debuted as a rapper!) and is pretty solid. His whisper rap in the middle is pretty awesome.

NCT Dream - Fire Alarm (from Glitch Mode)

One of the few mostly rap Dream songs. The Dreamies have become better rappers but still not as strong as 127, IMO.

WayV - Only Human (from Awaken the World)

This features all of the WayV rappers.

Best album to start listening to from each subunit and maybe 3 title tracks as well from each? Would be excellent. I've heard Fire Truck, Cherry Bomb before and liked them and I love Dream's cover of Candy

A note: I really like R&B so my recs will always be heavily R&B oriented. And I'm wordy. ;( I originally had all the MVs here but didn't want to bomb the page with too many links - you can find all the tt on YT tho. Also I forgot to note in my summary that 127 has the best rappers. I think you can hear the difference in the styles and songs of the other units. Each unit has one excellent rapper but 127 has two plus another very strong one.

NCT Dream -

I'll admit I'm not a fan of early NCT Dream music, which is too cute for me, so I'm perhaps not the best person to ask here about early Dream stuff (which if you liked Candy, you might like).

Album: Hello Future

This is a repack of Hot Sauce. I think this is a good balance of styles and is a great album from beginning to end that really shows off that mature NCT Dream sound I like while still feeling very different to the other units. The only skip here for me is Diggity.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3 tts I love:

1. Boom (from We Boom - this is my fave Dream song! A bop and that bridge is amazing.)
    2. My First and Last (from The First - one I came to appreciate later and love)
    3. Hot Sauce (from Hot Sauce/Hello Future, just a straight bop)

Bonus B-side: Better Than Gold from Glitch Mode

(retro disco fun)

NCT 127 -

Album: Favorite

This is a repack of Sticker. This is another album that really showcases the span of styles, from hard to soft and has some amazing tracks like Focus, Love on The Floor and Lemonade, in addition to the two tt. This is my favorite album - I thought they couldn't top Neo Zone, but this is it for me. 2 Baddies is a strong contender but the tt is weaker than Sticker or Favorite to me although the album is exceptional. Maybe if the repack tt is stronger, it moves to the top of the pack. A no-skip album for me altho I admit Road Trip is not my favorite..

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you have 20 or so minutes, I highly recommend watching NCT 127's episode of Killing Voice. This is a wonderful intro to their disco, as it runs across a wide range of songs through the years in bite-size snippets with their fantastic live vocals on display. It also tells you the song and the album so you can find it again and can help you get to know the members.

External Content youtu.be

3 tts:

1. Sticker (from Sticker/Favorite, it's not for everyone but it's my fave 127 song - it really showcases the extreme end of their style and all their wonderful parts: gorgeous vocals, hot raps and an impossible mix that somehow works.)
    2. Superhuman (from We Are Superhuman, gorgeous r&b and my previous fave song - this is what you usually see on the b-sides, this represents the other half of the disco IMO)
    3. Regular (English version) (from Regular-Irregular, just an irresistible bop and I think touches on that swaggy attitude I talked about that's specific to 127. FWIW, Cherry Bomb would have been my third pick!)

Bonus B-side: No Longer from Regular-Irregular

(127 ballads are gorgeous)

WayV

Album: Awaken The World

Another album that really shows the range from the drama of Turn Back Time to the bouncy synth-pop of Electric Hearts. (Domino and After Midnight are two of my favorite WayV songs!) I think their EPs are a little more hit and miss but this only has two skips for me. They're kind of like 127 in that their tt are more dramatic than their b-sides, which are more chill.

Three tt:

1. Take Off (from Take Off - it's soooo gooooood! A bop)
    2. Phantom (from Phantom - dramatic and a little OTT but very WayV with soaring vocals)
    3. Turn Back Time (from Awaken the World - also dramatic like Phantom.)

Bonus b-side:

Love Talk - English Version (this actually isn't on an album but was released as a single but this slow r&b song is their most famous song - it does have a MV)

NCT U -

There's not an NCT U album, only the all-unit albums.

Album: NCT Resonance

I think the Resonance albums provide the best snapshot as a starter to NCT, altho Universe is a better album IMO (it's more cohesive with fewer misses). You can hear the different combinations of members on songs, as well as songs from the sub-units (Deja Vu from NCT Dream and Nectar from WayV are awesome. I don't like the 127 song.)

Three tt:

(there's only 3 albums, so instead I'll pick my top three NCT U songs)

Boss (from Empathy - the song that got me into NCT!)

90s Love (from Resonance - bouncy throwback style jam)

The 7th Sense (from Empathy - the song that started it all, still feels fresh and modern)

Bonus b-side: Round & Round from NCT Universe

I have sent the smoke signal to her abode

I love a challenge

?u=http%3A%2F%2F31.media.tumblr.com%2F47fb1122a9d42dc4dcfed22e82edbc9b%2Ftumblr_mrogx9hArC1sw5psgo1_500.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fae39dffd4fefa9d244b23c1fe66c72d939693689389de0f31bc1664d0380176&ipo=images

I also posted there but...

People make it seem complicated but it's quite easy!

There is one large group, NCT. Within that group there are four sub-units, which are the groups that usually perform regularly and release albums. Sometimes all of them get together and perform as one large group, like NCT 2018, 2020 and 2021.

The fans are NCTzens, called Czennies for short (pronounced as Season-ies). The lighstick is called the neobong.

That's the short version. ^^

Most times, however, the group's sub-units perform separately. There are four units, each with their own fandom name.

- NCT Dream (fixed unit)

At one point, they were the teenage unit. Their music tends to be lighter and brighter than the other units. They are young and high-energy. IMO, this is the strongest dance group. This group has seven members, including 4 rappers and 3 main vocalists. Their leader is Mark. Sometimes you'll see this group as 5, because two members are also in another fixed unit and have schedule conflicts.

Members (in age order): Mark (rapper), Renjun (vocalist), Jeno (rapper), Haechan (vocalist), Jaemin (rapper), Chenle (vocalist), Jisung (vocalist)

Fandom: (unofficial) Dreamzens

- NCT 127 (fixed unit)

This is what people often think of when they think of NCT. This group has a swaggy, bold style to their music that is often experimental and hip-hop forward on title tracks but leans more towards r&b on the b-sides. IMO, this is the strongest group vocally. This group has 9 members, including 3 main vocalists. Their leader is Taeyong. This group used to be 10 members, but that member moved to another unit.

Members (in age order): Taeil (main vocalist), Johnny (rapper), Taeyong (rapper), Yuta (vocalist), Doyoung (main vocalist), Jaehyun (main vocalist), Jungwoo (lead vocalist), Mark (rapper), Haechan (lead vocalist).

Nickname: Ilichil (literally the Korean for 127), Urichil (literally our Ilichil)

Fandom: (unofficial) Chilzens, 127zens

- WayV (fixed unit)

This is the newest unit, based in China and singing primarily in Mandarin. They also often sing in English to appear on Korean music shows without causing any issues. This group has 6 active members (one member is on hiatus and probably gone from the group), including 3 main vocalists and 3 rappers. This group may sometimes appear as 5 due to conflicting schedules of one member, who is also an actor. Their leader is Kun. Because of political complications, this group was named separately and treated separately for its first year. This is why it has a separate lightstick (the leekbong) and a separate official fandom name. In 2020, it was officially integrated back into the NCT universe but this is why you may see some differences.

Members (in age order): Kun (vocalist), Ten (vocalist), Winwin (rapper), Xiaojun (vocalist), Hendery (rapper), YangYang (rapper)

Fandom: WayZeNni (literally WayV cherishes you - this is the only official fandom name aside from NCTzens)

- NCT U (rotational unit)

NCT also creates custom units to suit specific songs, which will utilize members that suit it. This is called NCT U. For example, a ballad might use main vocalists from all 3 units, while a performance heavy-song might take a combination of main dancers, rappers and vocalists. These are the units you typically see on the NCT all-unit albums, like "Make A Wish" (performance-heavy) or "From Home" (vocal-focused).

There is also supposed to be a fifth sub-unit based in Japan, which it is assumed will contain Sungtaro and Sungchan, who debuted in the larger group but don't have a sub-unit yet. (This is not unusual for NCT as other members debuted this way). It's also expected to have the SM Rookies members we've been introduced to: Shohei, Eunseok and Seunghan.

What other questions can I answer for you? 💚

Your badge maker appreciates that. :sweatr:

Hi nevvies -

It really helps us when you can share some of the most important or your fave scenes in the MV where you're like "YAAAH this has to be there!" We’ll definitely try to include them but please be patient with us if we can't get them all (we'd love to fit everything in there but ;()

So please share your fave scenes below!

Hi shawols -

It really helps us when you can share some of the most important or your fave scenes in the MV where you're like "YAAAH this has to be there!" We’ll definitely try to include them but please be patient with us if we can't get them all (we'd love to fit everything in there but ;()

Hi midzys -

External Content twitter.com

External Content youtu.be