Posts by hopemin

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yes. i have certain people i won't follow on twitter because of the groups they stan.

i usually won't follow a stay, because i follow a lot of atinys, and they're very militant and defensive rn due to kingdom and it wouldn't mix well.

i usually won't follow a suju stan or bigbang stan because they might be an apologist and/or excessively old.

i usually won't follow someone who stans like 50 groups, which is ironic for someone who runs a multi guild, because i have specific content i'd like to see on my tl.

that's about it really.

this doesn't really translate to akp well.

i don't have any people i won't interact with based off of their fandom.

i judge if i should interact with them based off of their personality and how they respond towards problematic behavior.

ok let me calculate this...

my ult is bts, but my other ult is shinee so it cancels out.

add txt and enhypen tho and it veers towards army.

but i also stan ateez, and ateez, as y'all know, are moas mortal enemy.

and since moas are just armys with a wig on, that's another point for sm stan.

throw in day6 and lucy and well... that just makes me more of a multi

and multis can't be armys obviously

the opposite of army is sm stan

so...

carry the four...

i guess im an sm stan

for superior vocals, cloning, and ai i will fight!!!

bring it on armys!!! :mad:

/j

is this thread dead? :eyes:

being here is horrible sometimes. the trauma of discussing your own oppression... it's so emotionally draining. it's something i know others don't understand because they see it as a game to debate about these things.

So it's a competition? It's either you suffer the most or you don't suffer at all? No middle ground? No silver medal?

That's not what I said wtf. White people don't experience racism in the same way as black people have because of the atlantic slave trade's lasting impact on how black people are treated throughout the world. Nothing white people have experienced has had that same effect. This is not a hard concept.

Maybe you should clarify you're talking about the USA specifically then. Because in other parts of the world, different rules apply. Shocking, right?

I'm not necessarily talking about the USA specifically. The atlantic slave trade's impact on black people is incomparable to anything any other group of people have faced. This has affected black people everywhere, not just in the U.S. There is nothing else that has had such an influence on race and the way that a group of people are viewed and treated throughout the world. I honestly don't believe anything that white people in any other part of the world have faced has been anywhere near this scale.

• It is racism
    • The Korean beauty standard of having pale skin (white people aren't as dark as black people but my skin is considerably darker than what is acceptable), in most jobs you have to give your employer a picture and if you aren't pretty enough (white people aren't pretty according to their standards) you don't get a good job, most high payed job employers won't employ you if your name sounds foreign, people can be denied service here depending on your ethnicity or skin color, because family background and status is a big part of relationships here many families won't give their permission for their child to date or god forbid marry a white or foreign person
    • All neighborhoods aren't safe for a white female after dark because we are seen as prostitutes, only because we are white
    • Every single man who has come up to me and touched me or asked me how much I cost has harmed me, physically and mentally
    • SLUR: to make damaging or insulting allegations about someone, so you mean being called a prostitute almost everyday by pervy men isn't a slur?
    • I think it's in your best interest if you stop saying 'white people have never and will never', especially from your limited point of view

Go ahead and tell me how I have never been slured at, faced racism or been judged due to my color of skin

You don't know me

It's not racism because it's not systemic.

That's unfortunate, but it sounds like that's because you're foreign and not Korean, not just because you're white. Those things don't solely affect white people, since black people would also not fit Korean beauty standards and would be treated different as foreigners.

I'm sorry you have to face that. That's a really horrifying situation.

No, prostitute, is not a racial slur. It's horrible and dehumanizing, but it's not simply based off of your race and it doesn't have the same context as the n word or another racial slur.

I do have a limited perspective as an American. I'll admit that. I stand by my original point though. White people don't face systemic racism and will never face racism in the ways that black people and poc have. It's not a double standard.

getting accused of being a nazi is not racism. nazi is not a slur. i've never seen the word nazi be used towards white people the way the n word is used towards black people. most likely, if someone is being accused of being a nazi, it's because they did some nazi shit.

agree with your second point.

Of course, because the over generalization of one group of individuals is bad, but the over generalization of another group is ok. For some reason.

you're oversimplifying what racism actually is for the point of your argument. again. i've already explained it in this thread. i've already explained to you many times in other threads. you clearly don't care and have not bothered to pick up a book. stop interacting with me.

You can be racist to a white person, it doesn't matter what race you are because we all have a race and there are people who will judge you by that.

I've had many bad experiences with POC, yes, I live in a mainly non white country so yeah, there is a lot of 'systemic racism', many insults are thrown to me by POC that are dehumanizing

There are some white people who do call POC bad things and treat them horribly but there are people from all races that do that to other races, including whites

I could say that I don't trust black or asian people because of the way they've made me feel unsafe and somehow I'd be called racist by people who have never asked or seen the way I've been treated

Such double standards

that's racial prejudice not racism. someone judging you because you're white is not the same as what black people and poc have gone through.

tell me, what laws or systems have been put in place to oppress you in your country simply because you're white?

what areas were white people historically barred from in your country?

what neighborhoods are unsafe for you after dark because you're white?

what jobs or healthcare or schooling are you not allowed because you're white?

which police officers murder you because you're white?

which poc have made you feel unsafe because you're white?

i said slurs. not insults. there are no slurs that hold power over you because white people have never actually been treated as subhuman based off of their race.

it's not a double standard at all once you actually try and understand what racism is, why it differs from racial prejudice, and why you'll never face it as a white person.

you can't be racist against white people.

baepsaechan you said nothing wrong. don't let them gaslight you.

it's perfectly normal for a marginalized group to feel trauma and distrust towards people they've had bad experiences with.

that's not the same thing as the system of people in a position of power discriminating against others based off the color of their skin.

white people have never and will never be in a position where another race can enforce power over them at a systemic level.

white people have never and will never have dehumanizing slurs hurled at them based off of the color of their skin.

white people fr go around calling people all type of slurs and animals and disrespect their language and culture, and then when black people and poc say 'i don't trust/like white people because of the way they've made me feel unsafe' they turn around and say 'sToP bEiNg RaCiSt tO Me, wHaT hApPeNeD tO tHe tOlEraNt LeFt' :clown: