G-IDLE need to hiatus for atleast one year in order to recover from this scandal

• There is no other way . Hiatus is always the key . Its a smart choice for Cube to cancel all their schedule and honestly please let the girl hiatus untill the end of the year. Resuming activity , or even worse, making a comeback for the next 5 months after a big scandal is a career suicide . Even if Soojin is innoncent , the damage has been done so a hiatus is a must in order for gidle to survive.

The biggest example are T-ARA and AOA

T-ara had their bullying scandal during Day By Day era . Just when they about to get the next hits with Day By Day , the whole Hwayoung scandal breakout. After the whole mess and Hwayoung leave they proceed with Sexy Love comeback without getting any break or hiatus and guess what ? They receive massive hate for that, left and right and never recover till 2017.

AOA have their history scandal on 2016 with Jimin and Seolhyun just few days before Good Luck comeback . Good Luck is expected to become AOA next hit as it was their first released since Heart Attack and Seolhyun was on her peaked . AOA proceed with the comeback even they are in the middle of controversy and they getting blacklash for that to the point they had to promote for only 1 or 2 week on music show . Their next comeback Excuse Me is a huge flop which peaked #33 on Melon and ppl believe its due to their image.

Girls Day,SNSD,KARA and IZONE are among the group that survived a big scandal thanks to hiatus . During Ring My Bell era , Girls Day was caught on screen for being rude toward the mcs . It make their song drop from the top of Melon and they had to shorten the promotion for RMB and went hiatus for months. They dont even attend any award show or gayo daejun despite Ring My Bell doing really well. Thanks for that (and Hyeri acting on Reply 1988) Girls Day manage to survive and fixed their image (no one even remember the scandal anymore)

IZONE....well the whole produce rigging and they cancel the Fiesta comeback, went MIA and we know how well FIESTA doing (tho ion think hiatus is the main factor of the success but still count)

Tiffany had her national flag scandal and its a huge mess with 50k upvotes comment telling her to leave South Korean.She (and SNSD) went hiatus, she leave all her variety show . Then SNSD are back to radar after almost a year of hiatus and everyone forgot the scandal already

KARA had their rude scandal on Radio Star back then on 2013 during Damaged Lady promotion . They shorten the promotion period and went hiatus and then comeback after a year leading to Mamma Mia success.

What do you think ???

• They aren't even guilty yet.

If Soojin is guilty, yes, an hiatus is the best solution. If she's not, no, she shouldn't hiatus being innocent.

As what i have said , the damage has been done . And thanks to Cube for the very late statement and gp already siding with the actress, even if she is proven innoncent , her image on southkor is done for now.

And dont forget, Soojin admitted for smoking (giving a negative impressiom toward gp). That statement will definitely be used against her.

So she need to take a break till everyone forget about it

• I think a hiatus would ruin their momentum.

I say continue for now without Soojin for a year... It's not like the other girls did anything wrong??? (assuming the Bullying rumors are true). If not, then still do the hiatus for the group to survive...

• I don't think they should hiatus until we actually know the truth. If it is true that Soojin and/or Soyeon(I read somewhere that she also has been accused,) are infact guilty then yes they should for a period in time go on hiatus or have them both or one of them what ever they choose exit the group.

• I don't think they should hiatus until we actually know the truth. If it is true that Soojin and/or Soyeon(I read somewhere that she also has been accused,) are infact guilty then yes they should for a period in time go on hiatus or have them both or one of them what ever they choose exit the group.

Lol Soyeon's already got deleted it's definitely fake.

The accusation was literally just "you asked me to buy stuff on my birthday".

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• I think a hiatus would ruin their momentum.

I say continue for now without Soojin for a year... It's not like the other girls did anything wrong??? (assuming the Bullying rumors are true). If not, then still do the hiatus for the group to survive...

Just have Soojin go on hiatus for a year. Miyeon is still Korea's sweetheart and Soyeon is Korea's all around ace, i highly doubt even scummy Knetz would target them for just doing their jobs while Soojin takes a break.

But it will ruined GIDLE dynamic as a group . And let say if gidle hit it big as 5 member for the next comeback and getting more recognation , and the moment soojin rejoined with the girls how the new fans and gp gonna react ??

But again it also a good choice . Lovelyz Jisoo got accused for being a lesbian and a bully and she went hiatus for years even if it proven to be false and rejoined back after 2 years . Lovelyz first comeback with Jisoo got them their biggest hit Ah Choo

• A hiatus might be objectively the best route to go. But the british two finger salute would be my favored way of dealing with it.

"Shove it up your arse, lads"

tong1.jpg

if a hiatus just means no promotion for like 5 months im good with that though

that's probably how long it'll take to get a comeback anyways :/

• I just saw a Naver article that had like 7K+ upvotes with most being negative towards Soojin so this scandal is pretty serious in Korea. I really think you're right in that Gidle needs to go on hiatus. Coming back soon would certainly garner more hatred towards them and I just dont think it's fair to the other members. Cube can give the other girls promo in the mean-time and other gigs but a group comeback would be a bad idea imo.

• Official Post

Disagree. I think Soojin should go on a hiatus instead of GIDLE as a whole.

The only name being dragged into this is Soojin, and it's not fair for the other members to be dragged into this and receive the consequences for this. Especially when Miyeon, Yuqi, etc are just now seeing huge success in Korea and would have to put their activities to a halt for no apparent reason.

I do agree that it'd at least be ideal for Soojin to stay out of the public eye for a while so people will forget about this whole thing sooner. It would also give her the time to recover mentally in case her mental health isn't in a good place rn.

• Disagree. I think Soojin should go on a hiatus instead of GIDLE as a whole. The only name being dragged into this is Soojin, and it's not fair for the other members to be dragged into this(especially when Miyeon, Yuqi, etc are just now seeing huge success in Korea and now have to put that to a halt)

soojin was too with the muse announcement :(

envies ruining everything

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!