Big Bang -----> BTS (What's Missing?)

• Hello,

I left Kpop around the time Big Bang was getting big.
    I returned recently.

BTS seems to be what's in right now, along with Blackpink.

What did I miss?

What were the top groups and idols during this time?
    Also-- what are some of the best songs I missed?

I especially love slow Korean ballads.

Thanks!

• Have you heard of BTS Spring Day? It’s the longest charting song on Melon. Still in the top 50(?) now, and it was released back in 2017. Yeah I know you know BTS but you said you love ballads so I immediately thought of SD.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And Ailee’s I will go to you like first snow OST was huge ballad hit back in 2017

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Exo also has good ballads.. like this one

• External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• You missed April take over

External Content m.youtube.com

and ITZY impact on the 4th gen with Teen Crush.

External Content m.youtube.com

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• jhp You missed these great ballads.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• From a historical perspective :

2006/2007 : Big Bang was getting big so i supposed you left kpop around that mark. Wonder girls getting big etc

2008 : TVXQ breaks out with Mirotic, Wonder girls breaks out with Nobody. Shinee new very young sm boy group debut

2009 : Super Junior release maybe their biggest track ever Sorry Sorry, Wonder girls and Jyp try to conquer America (failed).

TVXQ lawsuit (slaves contract), Yoochun, Jaejoong and xia leaves. SNSD (girls generation) massive hit Gee. 2PM (JYP boy group) biggest hit Again and Again. YG first girl group 2NE1 debuts with fire and massive success right away. f(x) new sm girl group debuts

2010 : The 3 former tvxq members create JYJ but are blocked by SM in Korea, the 2 remaining members Yunho and Changmin continue to promote as a duo under the TVXQ name. Super Junior continues to be big, SNSD becomes the first girl group in the kpop industry. Overall the sales are plummeting. Miss A new Jyp girl group debuts. 2NE1 also starts to be big. IU (solo artist) breakouts and will soon become one of the most recognizable singer/actor in the country. Kara success.

2011 : Sistar debuts (sexy girl group), Super Junior Mr simple huge release, Girls generation and 2NE1 continues to dominate. IU becomes more and more a household name. Hyuna (former wonder girls, now 4minute) begins her solo career. Beast big hit fiction. Kara's peak.

2012 : PSY and BIG BANG explosion !! Gangnam style (Psy) and Fantastic Baby (Big Bang) are worldwide hits. SNSD goes to Japan. 2NE1, Sistar, IU and Girls generation TTS (snsd subunit with Taeyeon, TIffany and Seohyun) dominate. EXO, new sm boy group, debuts with massive sales. BTOB and Bap also debuts.

2013 : EXO ultra massive hit Growl with sales never seen since the very early 2nd gen. PSY continue with Gentleman. SNSD triumphant return to Korea, IU continue to dominate. New solo artist Ailee also makes a big entry. Sistar big hit. 2 siblings under yg under the stage name AKMU starts to make noise before their debut. EXID big hit. BTS debuts.

2014 : Big Bang only in Japan, kind of hiatus. IU massive Hit Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms, AKMU massive hit 200%, Taeyang massive hit Eye Nose Lips. GOT7, new jyp boy group debuts. Red Velvet, new sm girl group debuts too. SNSD still doing amazing but Jessica leaves the group. Psy starts to slow down. AOA sexy success with Miniskirt. Sistar still doing fine, girls day good hits (debuted in 2010). Winner new yg boy group debuts with a monster hit empty. Mamamoo debuts.

2015 : BTS starts to break out, EXO keeps breaking records, Red Velvet Breaks out. New jyp girl group Twice debut. EXID blow out in Korea. Miss A last hit after hiatus/disbandment. SNSD last hits before hiatus too. 2NE1 last hits before disbandment too. Big Bang massive hit BANG BANG BANG. Ikon new yg boy group (yes 2 in a row) debut. Gfriend debuts. Apink breakouts (debuted in 2010, rised slowly through the years). IU always here. Taeyeon solo debut I. GOT7 break outs, Monsta X and Seventeen debuts.

2016 : EXO breaks records, BTS meteoric rise, Twice massive hit Cheer Up, f(x) disbandment. Produce 101 (survival show to create a 11 member girl groups) aired and massive success and attention and IOI is formed for 1 year with multiple groups debuting with the members of ioi after the disbandment (Gugudan, Pristin, WJSN etc...). Blackpink, new yg girl group debuts. GFriend massive hit Rough. Mamamoo first breakout with Decalcomanie. Wonder Girls last hit before disbandment.

Bolbbalgan4 debuts and starts to make some noises. GOT7 continue to rise. NCT 127 new sm boy group with a similar concept as AKB48 : manysub units with many music, undefine number of members. Beast leaves Cube, found a new label but can't use Beast (Cube wtf) and rename Highlight.

2017 : BTS and Exo first million selling albums in 14 years. Twice continue to dominate, Red Velvet starts to blow up. Bolbbalgan4 massive hit Some. AIlee big hit. IU continue to dominate with Palette and through the night. Blackpink slowly rise up. SNSD comeback with Party. Red Velvet Blow up with Red Flavor. Pristin looks promising. Sunmi (former WOnder girls) massive hit Gashina. Produce 101 season 2 aired, with boys this time, and new boy group Wanna One massive debut Energetic (contract last 2 years this time). Seventeen massive hit Don't Wanna Cry. JYP new boy group Stray Kidz is formed. AKMU continue to hits. Monsta X blow up with Dramarama. Jonghyun of Shinee dies rip.

2018 : BTS historic year, Exo last hits before a lot of member goes to the military. Blackpink gigantic hit DDUDUDDUDU, Twice continue to dominate. IU too. Ikon ultra omega massive hit Love Scenario. Produce 48, 3rd season of the produce series with girls this time, collaboration with AKB48 with many japanese contestant joining the show. Iz*One is created. Wanna One continue to dominate. Sunmi big hits Heroine and Siren. Momoland (debut in 2016) massive hit Bboom Bboom. CHungha (former IOI) starts to become big. Girl's Generation last unit is formed : Oh!GG. Red Velvet great hit Bad Boy. Mamamoo starts to explode with Egotistic and Starry Night. NCT big avengers concept NCT 2018. (G)-Idle big debut with Latata.

2019 : BTS 3m album sold, exo one song and basically inactive cz some members military. Baekhyun (exo member) big debut. YG HUGE scandal, BI (leader of Ikon) leaves for drug scandal, Seungri leaves big bang with Burning Sun scandal (very dark). Blackpink continue their rise, Twice maturing. Mamamoo huge blow out with hip and gogobebe. Chungha massive hit Gotta Go. Seventeen sales 1m with 1 album. Wanna One officially disband. Produce X 1O1, 4th episode of the produce series with boys, X1 debut but huge controversy (vote manipulation (votes are paid)) and they need to disband, izone almost and no more produce. Izone still put up a decently big comeback lol. IU still dominate everything. Hwasa (Mamamoo) big solo debut with Twit. Taeyeon big commeback with Four seasons (she also had big cb previous years but forgot). Bol4 (Bolbbalgan4 but shorten) and Akmu are still dominating too. Itzy, new jyp girl group, enormous debut with Dalla Dalla. TXT, first big hit (company) group since BTS, big debut with Crown. Stray Kidz blow up with Miroh. Ateez (debuted in 2018) blow up too with Say My Name.NCT continue to grow and NCT Dream (younger subunit) blow up. Red Velvet starts to slow down but wait for it. Goo Hara (Kara) and Sulli (f(x)) die rip.

2020 : BTS ultimate year, On, Dynamite, Life Goes On. Exo hiatus, Baekhyun big comeback Candy. Oh My girl blow up with Nonstop. Zico (rapper) blow up everywhere with Any Song. Red Velvet Absolutely explode with Psycho but Wendy get hurt and irene scandal at the end of the year so hiatus until 2021 lmao, big subunit irene&seulgi debut with monster though. Blackpink ultra gigantic comeback with How You Like That and Lovesick Girls. First girl group to sale 1m albums in Korea (before only Japan). IU domination like always. Changmo (rapper) also big hit meteor. SSAK3 (with Jaessuk, Rain and Hyori lol) big hits with Beach Again. VVS (show me the money rap show) music trend too. Itzy and TXT continue to grow. Aespa new SM girlgroup. Wonho (abs) needs to leave Monsta X cz funny wtf scandal. (Monsta X does fine). Ateez and Stray Kids blow up too. Treasure new yg boy group big debut. (G)-Idle big blow out with Oh My God and Dumdi Dumdi. Izone enormous blowout with Fiesta. NCT sales 1m too big blow out with plenty of musics. Seventeen continue to solidify its place as one of the biggest. GOT7 last comebacks before disbandment. Hwasa big hit Maria. Twice continue exporting their songs internationally.

I think thats it, though i missed a lot of info.

• Oh man I can't wait to go through this later tonight.
    Thank you SO MUCH!

• I'm going to listen to every one of these tonight, thank you!

• Any songs you recommend from those groups?

Beast- fiction, on rainy day, shock,

2PM- 10 out of 10, again and again, without U, heartbeat, hate you.

2NE1- ugly, missing you, lonely, gotta have you, I am the best.

EXO- Monster, overdose, growl, the eve, love shot.

Twice- likey, cheer up, yes or yes, I can't stop me.

Thank you SO MUCH!

2006 :

Super Junior :

TVXQ :

SG Wannabe :

Big Bang :

2007 :

Big Bang :

Wonder Girls :

SS501 :

SNSD:

FT island :

2008 :

Big Bang :

Wonder Girls :

Shinee :

Lee Hyori :

Rain :

TVXQ :

2009 :

SNSD :

Super Junior :

2PM :

Brown Eyed Girls :

Kara :

G-Dragon :

2NE1 :

Shinee :

2010 :

Miss A :

IU :

Super Junior :

SNSD :

Shinee :

f(x) :

Beast :

Wonder Girls :

Thank you SO MUCH!

2011 :

2NE1 :

Wonder Girls :

Beast :

Kara :

Hyuna :

4Minute :

IU :

Trouble Maker (Hyunseung and Hyuna) :

Infinite :

Sistar19 :

Sistar :

Big Bang :

Super Junior :

SNSD :

2PM :

Miss A :

2012 :

Psy :

Big Bang :

Sistar :

2NE1 :

Girl's Generation TTS :

Infinite :

BoA :

Busker Busker :

Beast :

TVXQ :

Super Junior :

Shinee :

Block B :

Ailee :

f(x) :

2013:

Psy :

Exo :

Cho Yong Pil :

Taeyang :

SNSD :

Girl's Day :

f(x) :

Miss A :

G-Dragon :

Crayon Pop :

Sistar :

IU :

Ailee :

• Do you like hip hop?

I never know what to start with when it comes to introducing BTS songs

I'll wing it

I think most people will recommend newer songs, I'll go back a bit

I Like It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m05UmCZJALM

Blood Sweat & Tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmE9f-TEutc

I Need U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjskoRh8GTE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!