WHY DO MOST GIRLS IN KPOP SEEM LIKE MEDIOCRE DANCERS??? IS IT THE CHOREO OR THEIR ACTUAL SKILLS ARE JUST NOT CUTTING IT?

• Mediocrity? How brave? Can you even dance girl?? :pepe-joy: Kpop fans are so weird, they put their faves on the pedestal even tho they’re not perfect but will have this extremely high standard to the groups they don’t even watch.

Good for ya girl, but we don’t experience the same cramps. Isn’t that a common knowledge already? How hard it is to understand that we are all built differently? Weird that this is actually coming from a female? :pepe-cringe:

Women in the industry cannot really win huh? They have to deal with the management that wants them to appeal the way they do. And then we have kpop stans who want them to dance like boys on stage.

Then we get girls like you who settle for less and make excuses. Tragic.

I would love harder hitting girl dancers or at least more effort put in than what I see. They don't need to "dance like boys" but they could elevate performances. Whether it's a softer song or not you can have simple choreo that's still entertaining to watch.

• People should stop making excuses for mediocrity...

A period never stopped me from doing strenuous activities lmao. Plenty of dancers dance in heals and put on a great show. The stamina argument is so dumb....these idols train years for this. If weight is preventing them from performing well, then companies need to let them eat. Also many of y'all acting like most these girls dancing in stilettos which is simply not true.

not all periods are the same, just saying. We all have different levels of pains as well as conditions and symptoms.

• not all periods are the same, just saying. We all have different levels of pains as well as conditions and symptoms.

True, we all have different tolerance levels but to use that as an excuse for not having better execution in performances? I think it's nuts...I mean some are acting like a period is everyday of the year. Let's be real people.

I just want the girls to get some cooler or more complex choreo.

:pepe-legs:

• Then we get girls like you who settle for less and make excuses. Tragic.

I would love harder hitting girl dancers or at least more effort put in than what I see. They don't need to "dance like boys" but they could elevate performances. Whether it's a softer song or not you can have simple choreo that's still entertaining to watch.

thats what they do tho

gg choreos are catchy and pleasing to look at

have you seen itzy or gfriend

hard hitting choreos wont work because of all the things people have said

periods, clothes and gg songs are way more softer as compared to bgs very few ggs who make construction music etc

• True, we all have different tolerance levels but to use that as an excuse for not having better execution in performances? I think it's nuts...I mean some are acting like a period is everyday of the year. Let's be real people.

I just want the girls to get some cooler or more complex choreo.

:pepe-legs:

I feel like there's def some out there already that do so. Itzy, dreamcatcher, Alexa and a couple others mentioned in the thread.

I don't think because they don't focus on intense choreo that they're automatically mediocre, I mean the same remark could be said for singing. Say someone only listens to Mamamoo, and any group that performs under them and can't sing as well vocally is suddenly called " mediocre ". It's not the truth lol

so this sounds more like a personal issue with taste. Hope you find your dream gg.

• Then we get girls like you who settle for less and make excuses. Tragic.

It’s not settling for less but being reasonable. I don’t expect much from bgs because I don’t support them, buy their music and stuffs. So I don’t make unnecessary comments like “mediocrity” about these boy groups. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to

work? :pepe-smug:

GGs stans y’all can agree with me that flailing hands are entertaining and we would pay just to see the girls dance their “mediocre” choreo because we know they worked hard to know/perfect that dance in 3-4 months. Then enjoy their covers where they completely nail the “bg choreo” that’s supposed to be hard hitting :pepe-cringe:

If non fans are still not satisfied they can look for the “hard hitting dance” somewhere else

• thats what they do tho

gg choreos are catchy and pleasing to look at

have you seen itzy or gfriend

hard hitting choreos wont work because of all the things people have said

periods, clothes and gg songs are way more softer as compared to bgs very few ggs who make construction music etc

Concepts will for sure change the style of dance and level of intensity. Although like I said you can have a simple dance and still execute it well and pull people in.

But to say the same for periods, skirts, heels, and stamina is so disappointing to see from some of the girls in this thread. You'd think they'd want better for them.

:pepe-peek:

• Let's see BGs dance in heels too before we judge.

:suggestiver:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel like there's def some out there already that do so. Itzy, dreamcatcher, Alexa and a couple others mentioned in the thread.

I don't think because they don't focus on intense choreo that they're automatically mediocre, I mean the same remark could be said for singing. Say someone only listens to Mamamoo, and any group that performs under them and can't sing as well vocally is suddenly called " mediocre ". It's not the truth lol

so this sounds more like a personal issue with taste. Hope you find your dream gg.

The fact that y'all are saying there's some girl groups that have good dancing vs. The majority being known for it says it all tbh.

And yeah like i said towards the beginning I may have more of a bias towards leg movements over arm.

• The fact that y'all are saying there's some girl groups that have good dancing vs. The majority being known for it says it all tbh.

And yeah like i said towards the beginning I may have more of a bias towards leg movements over arm.

it doesn't tho, so I don't get said point

also, what did you think of the singing analogy. ain't it true? Does that make people who don't perform vocally as well as mamamoo is mediocre, and it could include anyone?

• it doesn't tho, so I don't get said point

also, what did you think of the singing analogy. ain't it true? Does that make people who don't perform vocally as well as mamamoo mediocre, and it could include anyone?

For the vocal analogy Idk how mamamoo sings in comparison to others but like ive been saying for dance it's not about just hitting hard or being complex. It's the execution too...

So you can have a singer that's not as good but still emotes or is intriguing to watch. Has a unique voice etc. Think an opera singer vs. Pop singer. Same would apply to dance. You don't have to be doing flips and tricks in order to have an engaging or cool performance.

• For the vocal analogy Idk how mamamoo sings in comparison to others but like ive been saying for dance it's not about just hitting hard or being complex. It's the execution too...

So you can have a singer that's not as good but still emotes or is intriguing to watch. Has a unique voice etc. Think an opera singer vs. Pop singer. Same would apply to dance. You don't have to be doing flips and tricks in order to have an engaging or cool performance.

you should check out mamamoo then, I promise you won't need many performance or to counter compare. The difference is pretty stark.

but if we're on the topic of execution now and making it a key point as opposed to simply hard hitting things. then GG's execute their choreos well and as intended.

your op mainly mentioned you not knowing whether it was " complexity " or " lack of skill ", so how would you know which to base your argument off of when you're just asking us. So again, you already said it, but it's just a personal issue and biased thing for you.

• Sorry I have to ... fking iconic when will BGs nowadays?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1) Ren <3 2) Look at THE BOYZ cover of What is Love?

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

d174d808762134ac87b86228c6329e81382c4540.gifv 4c5649f9051964a3b9b5dd36b59a3eb9633e3298.gifv

• Concepts will for sure change the style of dance and level of intensity. Although like I said you can have a simple dance and still execute it well and pull people in.

But to say the same for periods, skirts, heels, and stamina is so disappointing to see from some of the girls in this thread. You'd think they'd want better for them.

:pepe-peek:

I mean why do u care so much

As far as I know you're only a hardcore army lol

• you should check out mamamoo then, I promise you won't need many performance or to counter compare. The difference is pretty stark.

but if we're on the topic of execution now and making it a key point as opposed to simply hard hitting things. then GG's execute their choreos well and as intended.

your op mainly mentioned you not knowing whether it was " complexity " or " lack of skill ", so how would you know which to base your argument off of when you're just asking us. So again, you already said it, but it's just a personal issue and biased thing for you.

It's a different issue for each group or a combo but then yeah of course i have a bias too for what i want from them.

I've seen alot of girl groups execute poorly or just look like they not enjoying themselves. Then there's the ones who get bad choreo that make it seem like they less skilled even though they might not be.

• I mean why do u care so much

As far as I know you're only a hardcore army lol

MOARMY*

I mean I appreciate dance I watch alot of dance studio vids. When I'm watching award shows or checking out other groups i notice these things.

I usually give stuff a chance I'm just very picky lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!