WHY DO MOST GIRLS IN KPOP SEEM LIKE MEDIOCRE DANCERS??? IS IT THE CHOREO OR THEIR ACTUAL SKILLS ARE JUST NOT CUTTING IT?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepe-back-away:

I haven’t seen this in a while!! Tae rocking those high heels like nobody’s business :love: Now that’s what we’re talking about lol

Anyway, let’s enjoy Dreamcatcher doing covers of BGs songs - BTS, Exo, NCT and MonstaX

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OP are you having fun trolling or asking a serious question? lol

If you're serious, here is Loona dancing to a GOT7 song. What do you think? Personally i think they do it as well as it can be done, it was fire.

External Content www.youtube.com

• OP are you having fun trolling or asking a serious question? lol

If you're serious, here is Loona dancing to a GOT7 song. What do you think? Personally i think they do it as well as it can be done, it was fire.

Nah I'm being serious.

• GGs can do hard chroes too most of the time the songs are kinda chill not a song you would get hard to.

Some people even said loona did Cherry bomb better than NCT

they did great. really great but let's not kid ourselves

I think a gg doing such choreo is more interesting because it's rare and they nailed it but execute-wise, NCT's was on another level imo.

| So addict

472dc062c8c02a53fcf3db5c24bd9b84c0801af5.gifv9186dc1be59ee5f14ef53a1ef3342e4e20bd1511.gifvd7a72a88e0501eb2e2d5d5e8695e28ce4aeb59bb.gifv

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• Depends on the song. If you're not going to have an aggressive strong song you would hardly have a likewise choreo so GGs are not used to dance like that but they have different kind of choreos which can be hard in a different sense. I think most BGs good dancers can't pull off GG dances while most GGs who are good dancers pull off bg's dances (doesn't necessarily mean better than them but doesn't look as out of place and awkward as when bgs try to cover ggs).

| So addict

472dc062c8c02a53fcf3db5c24bd9b84c0801af5.gifv9186dc1be59ee5f14ef53a1ef3342e4e20bd1511.gifvd7a72a88e0501eb2e2d5d5e8695e28ce4aeb59bb.gifv

• I am not a fan of most GG dancing, there is way too much half speed arm movements with some knee bending thrown in.But I do think it's mostly the choreos because I've seen many girl group members slay doing dance covers of guy group songs and western songs. Also you can often see that they dance well, it's just that the choreos are kinda lame. (I'm talking about GG groups that execute their choreo well even though it's not that dynamic not GG that can't execute even their lame choreo well)...

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floor!

Steam Community :: :: BTS

• Idk if it's due to complexity I see in some of the boy routines that I just automatically think they are at a higher level and it's these kpop choreographers giving these girls cookie cutter routines below their level...

OR

The girls are less skilled and that's why they be getting these terrible choreos with heavy emphasis on their arms flailing around.

I think that it is definitely a choice by companies which may be influenced cultural norms on how female idols should present themselves (always looking flawless, non-masculine etc) and perhaps other factors like the song type ggs tend to have (which isn’t usually hard hitting EDM)

But then again that comes down to the company

I would really like to see some harder choreos from many ggs in the future because I think they are more than capable

I think 4th gen is getting there

With Itzy, Loona, Alexa shaking things up a bit

I think something like Alexa’s choreos would be epic as it combines moves that represent feminine concept with moves that are hard hitting really well

• Most of the arguments here why ggs have easier choreo actually make sense but you are dismissing that. Why? Don’t make this kind of thread when you just want to hear what you’re expecting to hear. Ggs are not lazy or less skilled just because they’ve easier choreo, neither inferior to bgs when it comes to dancing. You will not hear that how even hard you try.

• Most of the arguments here why ggs have easier choreo actually make sense but you are dismissing that. Why? Don’t make this kind of thread when you just want to hear what you’re expecting to hear. Ggs are not lazy or less skilled just because they’ve easier choreo, neither inferior to bgs when it comes to dancing. You will not hear that how even hard you try.

The arguments about heels, stamina, and periods are bogus.

If you actually read the thread you would of seen that I agreed with those discussing concept or musical style as a reason. Let's not cherry pick to fit your narrative.

:pepe-toast:

• The arguments about heels, stamina, and periods are bogus.

If you actually read the thread you would of seen that I agreed with those discussing concept or musical style as a reason. Let's not cherry pick to fit your narrative.

:pepe-toast:

Those reasons are not bogus, human beings have different physiology from one another. Before calling it bogus, dance a 10 minute dance routine while having your first day cramp first. Stamina is heavily influenced by weight. Kpop fans hollered for years, how skinny ggs members are. Preaching their fake concerns that they might collapse on stage. Then suddenly it is not a reason anymore why they have easier choreos. Do y’all really want ggs to do bboy while wearing skirt and heels? Didn’t know that bg stans became a fan of kpop because of exhibitions.

Y’all are too quick to dismiss these hurdles because you haven’t experienced it :pepe-smug:

• Those reasons are not bogus, human beings have different physiology from one another. Before calling it bogus, dance a 10 minute dance routine while having your first day cramp first. Stamina is heavily influenced by weight. Kpop fans hollered for years, how skinny ggs members are. Preaching their fake concerns that they might collapse on stage. Then suddenly it is not a reason anymore why they have easier choreos. Do y’all really want ggs to do bboy while wearing skirt and heels? Didn’t know that bg stans became a fan of kpop because of exhibitions.

Y’all are too quick to dismiss these hurdles because you haven’t experienced it :pepe-smug:

People should stop making excuses for mediocrity...

A period never stopped me from doing strenuous activities lmao. Plenty of dancers dance in heals and put on a great show. The stamina argument is so dumb....these idols train years for this. If weight is preventing them from performing well, then companies need to let them eat. Also many of y'all acting like most these girls dancing in stilettos which is simply not true.

• People should stop making excuses for mediocrity...

A period never stopped me from doing strenuous activities lmao. Plenty of dancers dance in heals and put on a great show. The stamina argument is so dumb....these idols train years for this. If weight is preventing them from performing well, then companies need to let them eat. Also many of y'all acting like most these girls dancing in stilettos which is simply not true.

Mediocrity? How brave? Can you even dance girl?? :pepe-joy: Kpop fans are so weird, they put their faves on the pedestal even tho they’re not perfect but will have this extremely high standard to the groups they don’t even watch.

Good for ya girl, but we don’t experience the same cramps. Isn’t that a common knowledge already? How hard it is to understand that we are all built differently? Weird that this is actually coming from a female? :pepe-cringe:

Women in the industry cannot really win huh? They have to deal with the management that wants them to appear the way they do. And then we have kpop stans who want them to dance like boys on stage.

• Mediocrity? How brave? Can you even dance girl?? :pepe-joy: Kpop fans are so weird, they put their faves on the pedestal even tho they’re not perfect but will have this extremely high standard to the groups they don’t even watch.

Good for ya girl, but we don’t experience the same cramps. Isn’t that a common knowledge already? How hard it is to understand that we are all built differently? Weird that this is actually coming from a female? :pepe-cringe:

Women in the industry cannot really win huh? They have to deal with the management that wants them to appeal the way they do. And then we have kpop stans who want them to dance like boys on stage.

im sure it isnt that serious

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!