Innocent idols who were accused of crimes....

• When did the Kai thing happen? I don’t think I’ve ever heard about it

A few weeks ago. Let me see if I can find the original post.

I agree with all of what you said.

Hyunjin was accused of abusing girls at middle school, but he went to an all boys school, so it didnt make sense in the first place. The "proves" were fake screenshots of two people talking about knowing him posted on Nate.

He even cried in a fanmeeting because of the hate he got. He was just a teenager back in early 2018

This one makes me giggle.

The tapes were actually from a guy from CNBLUE named Lee Jong-hyun. Maybe a few others were involved with sharing the videos in the chatroom, too. Seungri was part of the chatroom, but he didn’t participate in sharing that content. He allegedly did something else that’s just as bad (or even worse), but I won’t mention it due to the horrific nature of it.

The fact that he was part of the chat and didn’t speak out to stop it it makes him guilty by association as well. As a BIGBANG VIP, I was really disappointed by him.

Either way, I remember that was a horrible time for Jihyo. She didn’t deserve to go through any of that. Whoever started that false rumor about her being in one of the videos should have been held accountable for defamation.

I forgot about the Jihyo part of it but I feel horrible for her still as she was not involved.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• Oh, that makes a lot more sense. I agree, they shouldn't have let it continue. Anyone in the chatroom had the power to report them.

Oh, I didn't know that. And I sort of hate what happens to idols' solo work after a huge scandal comes out that ruins their career. Take AOA Jimin for example, she had a solo song and it was well-received at first but after Mina came out for the bullying that many people already suspected, Jimin was very hated on and shaded. And I can see how this can negatively affect the members too. How did his solo songs do during or after the scandal?

Yeah, I know. I'm glad that a lot of true Once were concerned when she wasn't there but there would be no reason to be mad at her. However, I heard that she did leave some fans super concerned maybe even angry after her message on Vlive chat that one time and her sudden disappearance at MAMA could've caused major confusion because she didn't release an explanation until early 2020. So, to be honest, some fans might've thought she was truly mad at Once because of the words she used that caused many to be offended by what she said, especially Korean males. But I mean, I agree with you and I think that it isn't an excuse to be mad at her for not being at MAMA because she wasn't feeling well in public places at the time and you could tell that she was acting a little off after the rumors and was being oddly quiet during that time in promotions for Feel Special, even though she is more of a talkative and charismatic person. So, with that sense, I can see why she caused a lot of angry fans because she didn't explain until a couple of weeks later which that isn't a lot of time for confused and concerned or worried fans to turn angry. I mean, I was concerned for her even though I didn't become a Once until mid-2020.

I know she is so strong, which is one of the reasons I admire her so much. All the members are fun and special in their own way, but there's just truly something about Jihyo that just makes me love her so much. Jihyo has very unique qualities that 99% of idols in the KPOP industry don't have (and I don't mean just visuals or voice which is really unique), that's why she's my ult bias. She wrote the song when she was angry with Dispatch and you can definitely see her message behind the song after reading the English translation. She also wrote Up No More which, she said that she wrote it as a message to insomniacs as she wrote when she was suffering from insomnia also. And she also was having major anxiety attacks during MAMA but she still stuck around because as she put it, she had to go on and do her job, no matter how hard it was for her. I admire her a lot and if you look at the performance, you would never have known anything was wrong unless you actually knew, of course.

Image result for jihyo mama gifImage result for jihyo mama gifImage result for jihyo mama gif

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Oh, I see. That makes since, but I still think that some male netizens might've been triggered by this. I wish she didn't have to apologize but I'm glad she came out with an explanation because she really worried a lot of people. I see what you mean, that happens a lot when the other members have little to nothing to do with it. When Irene was criticized for bullying the staff, the started blaming Seulgi just because she had a sub-unit with Irene. I'm not surprised that people found out a way to do that for the other members of Bigbang and I'm sure they'll make a comeback soon too.

Oh, that makes sense. I wonder if there are comments still about. For AOA Jimin's solo, people still liked the song but they'd rather imagine it was HyunA singing (since their voices sound really similar). They don't even want to credit the song as Jimin's solo.

Yeah. I don't think it's the members fault if their company doesn't allow them to write their own music. Each member of Twice has written their own full song at least once (some multiple times). But I'm really proud of Jihyo, her songs are always well written and have a deeper meaning within them.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Hyunjin was accused of abusing girls at middle school, but he went to an all boys school, so it didnt make sense in the first place. The "proves" were fake screenshots of two people talking about knowing him posted on Nate.

He even cried in a fanmeeting because of the hate he got. He was just a teenager back in early 2018

I'm very, very unhappy about Hyunjin being made to sit out over some ridiculous, adolescent contention from his youth. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, meanwhile you have big companies like CLIO cutting him from endorsement and JYP sitting him during an important moment in his life and career. If JYP doesn't plan on letting him get back to it, I hope he finds a better path because the he's being treated like shit and he deserves better. This permanent exile and demonization over bullying allegations in Korea needs to stop. I have a huge amount of love and admiration for Hyunjin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!