Popular idol under controversy for being misogynistic?

• It's a question mark because there's not much going on with this post. One has to make their own conclusions. The red means support for anti feminism?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did someone say Red?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• can someone explain this 2 me what am i missing here

The political parties in Korea use red and blue. The anti-feminist red guy is winning. Apparently (according to the qrts) Koreans have been using red and blue emoji and photos to support their candidate on social media. Also apparently (according to the qrts) he took these photos several months ago and waited and posted them on election day.

So he's either supporting the anti-feminist or really dumb/tone deaf.

• The political parties in Korea use red and blue. The anti-feminist red guy is winning. Apparently (according to the qrts) Koreans have been using red and blue emoji and photos to support their candidate on social media. Also apparently (according to the qrts) he took these photos several months ago and waited and posted them on election day.

So he's either supporting the anti-feminist or really dumb/tone deaf.

OOOOOF! Big oooof.

That's yikes. Heechul wore red slippers to the election polls too, and people were saying this.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• It's also worth noting that a saesang posted a video yesterday of Mingyu with a female staff member (they were talking. He picked her up for 2 seconds and put her back down.) and were trying to spin it as some kind of inappropriateness.

Situations like that typically set off the other saesangs who will in turn post malicious info as "revenge" for trying to sabotage their fave so I'd say make up your own mind about the situation.

• OOOOOF! Big oooof.

That's yikes. Heechul wore red slippers to the election polls too, and people were saying this.

I didn't even know wardrobe was that analyzed because I've never thought about what I wore to the polls to vote nor do I pay attention to what anyone else is wearing (provided it's not one of those "grab 'er by the ***" type shirts). I just vote and then get the hell out of there. :pepestare:

• Did someone say Red?

Ergo, The Rose is anti-feminist. /j

• Did someone say Red?

OH MY GOD

how DARE you :boredr:

EVERYONE knows that red is Hyuna X(

• If he was anti-feminist, why would he broadcast it to his overwhelmingly female fanbase? Makes no sense.

Also Mingyu seemed to make a point of mocking that hand gesture that had Korean incels in a lather last year. He did it a few different times

• Heechul was also caught wearing pink/red tone and subscribing to misogynist channel on YT

For these men to post/wear such colour on the peak of political election is no coincidence imo. Either that or they are extremely daft (which I doubt)

• Colours seem to be important during election periods I guess. I remember during elections in my country most people tried their hardest not to wear any green clothing because it showed allegiance to a very hated political party. Even days after elections I was still nervous to wear green anywhere in case people thought I was a supporter

• Wtf...literally...I need context. Google it is because Mingyu is about to go on a list for me.

The man searched specifically for pictures of dismembered women, cut them up and made a collage of it with blood on it too. He got away with it because the parasocial relationships between fans and their oppas allow the oppas to be seen as these utterly helpless children that could commit a murder but can still "change and do better and spread love and light in the world". 70% of young Korean men agree with all of the stuff the ruling party ran on, don't hold your breath when it comes to these rich and famous men respecting women lol.

• The man searched specifically for pictures of dismembered women, cut them up and made a collage of it with blood on it too. He got away with it because the parasocial relationships between fans and their oppas allow the oppas to be seen as these utterly helpless children that could commit a murder but can still "change and do better and spread love and light in the world". 70% of young Korean men agree with all of the stuff the ruling party ran on, don't hold your breath when it comes to these rich and famous men respecting women lol.

I'm speechless. That makes this a little bit more believable.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I'm speechless. That makes this a little bit more believable.

There's always been stuff said that he's actually completely horrid and the absolute worst of the 97 line when it comes to women and other dealings. But they don't give af lol. The world hates women. A misogynistic kpop idol is nothing groundbreaking.

• Let’s say hypothetically he really voted for the anti-feminist president, this wouldn’t necessarily make him a misogynist. You have to pick a candidate and the one who won was the least problematic…That’s a pretty easy judgement.

• Let’s say hypothetically he really voted for the anti-feminist president, this wouldn’t necessarily make him a misogynist. You have to pick a candidate and the one who won was the least problematic…That’s a pretty easy judgement.

I mean you could argue that it's one thing to vote for the lesser of two evils and another thing to seemingly openly boast about it.

I'm sure there were probably several idols who voted for this candidate, but I imagine most of the know the value of keeping their political views personal.

• If he was anti-feminist, why would he broadcast it to his overwhelmingly female fanbase? Makes no sense.

Also Mingyu seemed to make a point of mocking that hand gesture that had Korean incels in a lather last year. He did it a few different times

I find it kinda funny that you're convinced he wouldn't broadcast his alleged misogyny but at the same time you're also convinced he would openly mock Korean men in national tv. It's like you're conveniently choosing what cause to project on him lol.

How about neither of these two incidents being a political statement?

• Also the red hoodie could be a coincidence…but who cares conspiracies are more fun… I feel sorry for everyone who wore red today or had something red in their Insta picture without it being political but people will surely make it. Just like people thinking idols were giving a middle finger to China for wearing Hanbok on Lunar year…. Like they do every year 😅, but because China claimed the Hanbok this time around it was clearly a political statement … lol

• I clicked on the link initially and it brought me to a different post by Monsta X's Minhyuk and I panicked for a sec ;(

no but for real same. I can never remember anyone's IG handle because 90% of them are puns and I was like "omg no" until I saw someone talking about the bullying thing. :nct26:

• This thread contains 110 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!