Fromis 9's Lee Saerom under controversy for saying she's "bored to death" before live stream
Saturday, February 12, 2022
Source: Sojang via YouTube
Fromis 9's Lee Saerom said during a live stream "I'm so bored (to death) of this, I want to go home fast"
1. [+342] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her true feelings got caught. If you're so bored of this, then go retire. How comfortable will you be then?
2. [+295] There's evidence of this and it's undeniable that she said... I don't think even a fan could shield this...
3. [+468] She got to being an idol through rigged means, why is she acting like this...
4. [+130] So a clarification statement has been released but it sounds really forced. They claim she said she "was bored to death of this" because they've been in quarantine and haven't been able to go out, and that she "wanted to go home fast" because she wanted to get back to their dorms. There are a few things weird about this clarification, first being that they were in quarantine in the past but she spoke of being bored in the present tense. Second, they claim that she wanted to go home because she was bored of quarantine but then why would you want to go back to where you were quarantining if you were bored of it? Third, you can tell that that's not what she meant at all by the way the vibe of the room got cold and quiet and that Lee Nakyung and Song Hayoung had to tell her that they were live. If she just apologized for what she said, then I bet her dumb male fans would've continued shielding her and let the issue die but the clarification only proved that she meant what she said ㅋㅋ But I guess there's nothing more to expect from an idol who rigged her way to the top and has a fandom full of dumb men who refuse to look or hear of the truth?
5. [+171] I can maybe see that she said "I'm bored to death" about something else because we don't know what they were conversing about on their own but wanting to "go home fast" is hard to excuse when you're in front of your fans. I get that celebrities get tired too but you should stil treat your fans with consideration and respect. Her saying all of this together just means that she's tired of interacting with her fans, and that's difficult to shield.
6. [+82] I'm more surprised that they have fans at all who watch these lives...
7. [+201] Is there any celebrity who is genuine when interacting with their fans? ㅜㅜ
8. [+60] What I find funny to notice is that the other members have been on V-lives often so they know that there's a delay and are ready for it but Lee Saerom barely streams once a year for her birthday so she wasn't aware and kept talking to herself...
9. [+192] I don' know how she can say this stuff in good conscience when she took a spot from victims who lost their chance due to the show being rigged
10. [+57] And this is why you should never love a celebrity to the point of dedicating your life to them...
11. [+97] Hearing her say this so nonchalantly makes me wonder if the other members share her feelings too?
12. [+37] I've never seen a celebrity who treated their fans like this end up doing well. All of the superstars like IU and BTS are always so good to their fans. Even if we'll never know what they're really thinking on the inside, they'll never let it be known like this on the outside...
13. [+20] Her idol position was stolen from another trainee anyway, no? If she's this bored after stealing her way to this position, then just quit...
14. [+18] She's the last popular member anyway so I doubt this will impact the group much
15. [+57] Right as the group was on the rise, she's dropping their image right down
16. [+135] Why did they have to transfer to Hybe at all and taint Hybe's image like this;;;;
17. [+147] This can't be shielded
18. [+34] I think people are overreacting... if this is considered controversial, then I know a lot of male idols who should be retiring right now ㅋㅋ
19. [+111] If you're that bored, then just quit;;;; I hope your career can take a nice long break forever
20. [+39] She just got unlucky with the live starting right as she talked about being bored. I bet you there are a lot of idols who say worse things off camera.