im not gonna lie all this nmixx hate is surprising

• Fortunately I haven't seen anyone hating on the girls themselves, but when was the last time a debut was so negatively received? I search Twitter, TikTok, Last.Fm, AKP, etc are there are like 3 positive comments :pepe-life-support:

Hopefully JYP gives them a better song for their comeback because I feel kinda bad for the girls. They all seem super talented & pretty....it's a shame

If jyp is serious about "mixx pop" thing this is gonna be their sound (various genres on one song) :pepe-life-support:

But maybe they will change their minds depending on the reaction of the song lol

• imo Tank would of been a better song to debut with. Not everyone has great debut (Girls Day, M.O.A, 9muses) they will get better overtime

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yeah :sweatr: At least with Zimzalazim, IGAB, etc their fandoms were more established at the time so they could defend them. That isn't the case here sadly.

tbh I hate the song too LMAO but still.

also IGAB become too iconic considering that it was one of the first kpop song with this structure

and Zimzalabim just become too meme worthy for people to forget it

it's harder with O.O because it's a trend right now this type of song, so it'll not be iconic for the same reason than IGAB

and it's not enough WTF like ZZB to become meme worthy

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• imo Tank would of been a better song to debut with. Not everyone has great debut (Girls Day, M.O.A, 9muses) they will get better overtime

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm sorry but No playboy is a BOPPPP !!!!

i'll not accept any 9muses slander under my watch

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I actually rlly like the song besides the beginning rap

But omg the reaction to their debut is too funny I wonder if jyp will drop this ‘mix pop’ stuff or dial it back a bit after.

• In my opinion, it also turns out this way because the debut has been dragged for so long. :wellr:

more than the debut being dragged i think it's mostly people who tend to put on a pedestal JYP GG debut

and thinks that every JYP GG will succeed at debut because some of their GG did it in the past, which lead in the end in people having to high expectations for their debut and being disappointed when they don't match it

also it's the type of songs that nobody expected from a JYP GG because usually jyp is know for not taking too much risk musically with his GG

so him taking this risk surprised a lot of people, i bet if it was Aespa at their debut who released this song, the song wouldn't receive such blacklash cuz people would just think " yeah it's what i expected from a SM GG "

• I mean, the debut has alot of Hype since its a JYP NGG, and that gave alot of anticipation, then it ended up being a huge let down.

Definitely one of the worse debut songs I've heard. Its just funny because ppl were worried they be competition to the current 4th gen GGs, and rn, I bet no one is worried lmao.

• I'm not sure it is that surprising. Based on this forum at least, it's clear that a lot of people were ready to rip JYP a new a-hole at the first occasion.

Now to be honest I don't really like Nmixx 's debut either. But it doesn't sound that different from aespa to me, that's why I think the hate is dishonest. For it's me the same kind of try-hard, edgy, wannabe experimental mishmash that's all over the place.

The concept is similar indeed but tbh it only worked for Aespa because each part of the songs is good by itself, on the other hand in Nmixx case the only salvable parts are the few seconds everyone like in the middle and the last part, the rest is horrendous.

• i'm not talking about one song in particular

but overall how Twice are performing in charts since they switch their concept to a more mature one

U here talking about Twice's charting and comparing the goodness that is Twice's mature sound to this release is just :clown:

ICSM, More & More and all Twice's JPN later releases are much loved by Once, not all of course. More importantly Fancy and Feel Special were the KR cb's that did that and I assure you everyone and their mamas love these songs.

• U here talking about Twice's charting and comparing the goodness that is Twice's mature sound to this release is just :clown:

ICSM, More & More and all Twice's JPN later releases are much loved by Once, not all of course. More importantly Fancy and Feel Special were the KR cb's that did that and I assure you everyone and their mamas love these songs.

wow my point went way over your head '-'

where did i compare O.O to Twice songs ? or when did i even talk about once liking or not the song ? '-'

my comment was pretty clear

and was just highlighting the fact that JYP usually adjust his GG sound based on the reactions that their songs receive, Twice more mature songs doing suddenly less good in chart than Twice colorful pop songs obviously show an overall disinterest from Koreans in twice more mature song, that explain why JYP tried with scientist to try to push Twice in something more colorful pop with scientist to try to see if they can re-capture the interest of Koreans.

But even by doing this (even if it was obviously not success) proved that JYP take into account the koreans reaction to Twice song and try to adjust to their taste with their latest comeback.

and where did i even compare O.O to twice songs ? i only said that based on how JYP handle Itzy and twice latest comeback by trying to listen to Koreans complain and try to push them back into the type of sound that they used to do and used to be love for it, prove that JYP is always trying to adjust their GG sound and based on this observation it wouldn't be a surprise if NMIXX next comeback is less polarizing after seeing the reaction to O.O

where did you even see a comparison to twice songs :pepefacepalm:

• The concept is similar indeed but tbh it only worked for Aespa because each part of the songs is good by itself, on the other hand in Nmixx case the only salvable parts are the few seconds everyone like in the middle and the last part, the rest is horrendous.

This. Transitions between the different parts in Nmixx’s song were jarring and poorly done. The rap in the beginning was the biggest turn off to me. Even though next level has a few different songs in one they somehow still seemed to fit and were cleanly executed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!