Yg doing mediaplay? Good or bad strategy

• Official Post

So there is that one youtuber who said that yg contacted them and asked for them to make a reaction video of treasure's newest song. I wondered, don't those youtube reactors react to any kpop video? Why yg, as one of the biggest companies, have to plead someone to do that for their acts?

People are divided on that matter. Some say that this media play is embarrassing and makes them look pathetic while others claim this is an amazing promotion strategy. What do you think?

Editing this to add in the video too

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And another one

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by reina-en ().

• Depends who is that youtuber?

External Content www.youtube.com

• Depends who is that youtuber?

This is the person, here is the video where they talk about it too

• External Content youtu.be

Jordan Orme too.

• but the kpop reactor react naturally to pretty much every big artist who comeback

the only kpop reactor that i know who doesn't react to every big comeback i know is Fifizappareact and she already explained why she don't do it

Right! That's exactly why I am confused what is the point. The creator even said they would have done the reaction video even without yg contacting them so that's why I find it so odd

• but the kpop reactor react naturally to pretty much every big artist who comeback

the only kpop reactor that i know who doesn't react to every big comeback i know is Fifizappareact and she already explained why she don't do it

My initial thought as well. So this approach seems to be for their JIKJIN reaction to be prioritized and published on a given time period.

• It’s good promo in my opinion. But personally, it would put me off because I wouldn’t consider the reaction genuine. I would think all the good reactions are there because the YouTuber wants to please a huge company and they would possibly be doing it only for monetary gain.

• External Content youtu.be

Actually one of very few good ones. Good move from YG then.

• Right! That's exactly why I am confused what is the point. The creator even said they would have done the reaction video even without yg contacting them so that's why I find it so odd

i guess they wanted them to react the day or the next day of the release to keep the hype up

because sometimes you have some reactor who doesn't have times with their daily life to react soon and push back the reaction to 1 week later when the hype of the MV is already gone

or already have tons of reaction schedules before this MV

YG maybe wanted them to react as soon that they can

because it's different when you have an agency reaching to you to react because it become a real business opportunity to maybe work with them in the futur

and when you just react during your free time and when you can push back the reaction as much as you want

but in the other sens i do agree why people can find this odd, because it make it look like the reaction might not be genuine and different to the reaction he could have if the company didn't reach out to him

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Ohhh right, that makes sense

• It’s already so hard to find genuine reactors. Now we have company’s sponsoring reactors for their artists now too. I don’t like this. I’ll never be able to trust that reactors opinion

yeah but I follow that channel the kulture study likes treasure already he always liked their music so they probably reached him for this comeback (so they can react sooner in order to create hype) because they know already, their team probably are aware of it guess they are going all out for treasure in this comeback. Treasure has their own team btw I really wish they didn't go this route though people are gonna take it the wrong way.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is something kpop companies do in general I remember netizenbuzz (back in the days) saying that companies reached her for her to translate certain topics

• treasure has their own team though

• Why is everyone so put off by this.

Yg just cares enough about treasure to ask some known yt to react to treasure. And they didn't even pay them. What sponsors are you guys talking about.

People complaining are just envious their fave's companies don't care as much.

I am particularly happy treasure managing group is doing their job to promote treasure in the best way possible.

Smh

• I see nothing wrong with it especially since they asked people in professions so mayyybe they wanted a feedback and that’s a good thing. Those reactors would have probably reacted to Treasure anyway. The only “problem” I think this could cause is if all the other companies start copying YG and ask reactors to react and exceeds their fake reactions. Not that important but most new promo tactics that became a trend and copied by Kpop companies in late-3rd/4th gen just have been bothering me and not fun at all.

lt64IYu.gif

• Why is everyone so put off by this.

Yg just cares enough about treasure to ask some known yt to react to treasure. And they didn't even pay them. What sponsors are you guys talking about.

People complaining are just envious their fave's companies don't care as much.

I am particularly happy treasure managing group is doing their job to promote treasure in the best way possible.

Smh

I doubt people are envious. So far everything I've seen in this thread and in other sites by people who don't like this is because they feel as if the reaction won't be that genuine so they feel a little bit off about it. I understand both sides to be honest

• I bet you both of these reactors would have reacted to it anyway - it comes off as slightly desperate, I'll give you that.

I really don't think it was necessary, but it isn't that big of a deal either.

• I doubt people are envious. So far everything I've seen in this thread and in other sites by people who don't like this is because they feel as if the reaction won't be that genuine so they feel a little bit off about it. I understand both sides to be honest

The reactions are as genuine as they can be. Yg just asked, they haven't forced any ytbers to do anything.

And no one is forcing anyone to watch reactions videos either yk. If some people feel uncomfortable because of such a dumb reason, who cares, they can just skip to the next video.

• It's not wrong but they do make me think that they're that desperate enough to do so and they did realize that their newer group didn't get as much attention and exposure they want them to get especially after the hiatus. And it looks like they want to make Treasure as their main money maker now by how much Yg spend on the cb and now this while they put Bp into endless hiatus when the girls could make more and Top already left Yg that other members probably sooner or later will follow him too? It do make sense why they desperate tho.

• Watch JIKJIN music video if you haven't yet, thank you! :pepelove1:

• As I said, I really understand both points of view.

It's sad though because on twitter, it's treasure getting all the bashing and hating, people calling them flops, irrelevant, making fun of them about how they don't do well and that's why "yg is acting desperate". I don't even stan the boys but I feel bad for them because this doesn't have anything to do with them. I wonder if yg's promotion strategy is worth all that

• I mean if they only wanted them to react fast it's not a big deal. If they are now paying money that's a bit tragic but if it's not that i don't see the issue

↤↤↤↤↤ 𝙾𝙻𝙸𝚅𝙸𝙰 ↦↦↦↦↦

6d0d7875e11d07714f25da188580cef295fdf10c.gifvdecf6416dfaf01977d40e13c42c2f4bbb4e7c70d.gifv 77e6df9b1f22414e6b91cbc3acda493bfa238838.gifv 1b049aaa8933d8ba3f1f27bd9646755ba0365d5f.gifv 77e6df9b1f22414e6b91cbc3acda493bfa238838.gifv 4044d1a9cff2b17d23fb421a3f33075191b46b91.gifv6d0d7875e11d07714f25da188580cef295fdf10c.gifv

• We don’t need to worry about reaction videos losing integrity. If by “honest,” we mean criticism, it’s not like we get that from most K-pop reaction channels anyway. These YouTubers know their audience. K-pop stans don’t want to see their favorites criticized. K-pop stans want to see producers, choreographers, dancers, editors, and other experts praising their favorites.

We don’t watch a reaction video to see if it’s worth spending our money or time on watching the music video. We’ve already seen the MV and heard the song. We’ve made up our minds. We just check out reaction videos to see if others, especially experts, have nice things to say.

Sure, fans want to see videos of others praising their faves. And for sure this people knows that and their reactions are very "kind", this with the purpose of please their audience. Put people see this videos with the notion that this reactions are "real" .Companies asking for reviews break this "ilusion". Why are yu going to see a video knowing the reaction is fake? What is the value of the reaction in this case?

• This thread contains 282 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!