does blackpink lack of music content is yg strategy or just bad management?

• does bp lack of music is a good strategy ? 25

1. no (16) 64%
    2. yes (9) 36%

I have seen most of the people on kpop forums have different opinions about it some thought it is a great strategy that lack of music fans starved and eat anything will blackpink put out some even argue that streams are this high because they release less content. while some say bp lack of content hold them back to reach their full potential.

In my opinion bp have potential to reach to bigger heights if they release music regularly their songs are well liked by gp and the way they releasing their music we never see full potential

• clearly both yg and blackpink already make a ton of money from brands and endorsements, with much less investment than music and music videos

unless they are specifically interested in making music ( lets be honest, a lot of kpop labels/idols are not ), they're probably just maximizng profit

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• It’s a strategy to get maximum results, if yg management was bad, they won’t be allowing them to be very active in other areas outside music. YG makes sure to keep their relevance with constant solo works outside music so basically they bring in new fans for the comeback to be a festival. I mean look at how lovesick girls didn’t do as big as other Blackpink songs internationally because there was no hunger strike. I have come to this conclusion long ago since bigbang that it’s a strategy, the members will be everywhere but a comeback, they are applying it to treasure ( the new BG) it’s on purpose

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• It‘s obviously strategy. Plus I believe that Teddy + the CEO are extremly picky when it comes to the music itself. Since their discography is still so small there must be a huge pressure to always come back with a bop. I feel like there‘s no other company that is so careful and slow with their song releases.

They definitely don‘t want to release halfassed songs. BP probably records a ton of songs but only 1% of it makes it on an album. Just think of Rosé‘s solo and how long it took to be finalized.

• clearly both yg and blackpink already make a ton of money from brands and endorsements, with much less investment than music and music videos

unless they are specifically interested in making music ( lets be honest, a lot of kpop labels/idols are not ), they're probably just maximizng profit

YG isn't picking endorsements over music releases cause that isn't even necessary. They could easily have just as many CFs even with 2 group releases a year. It only takes like a day or two to shoot CF stuff so they could even do that in the middle of promos since they only do one show a week anyway. BP has more cfs than most groups but still it's not like they're constantly busy with that

• YG isn't picking endorsements over music releases cause that isn't even necessary. They could easily have just as many CFs even with 2 group releases a year. It only takes like a day or two to shoot CF stuff so they could even do that in the middle of promos since they only do one show a week anyway. BP has more cfs than most groups but still it's not like they're constantly busy with that

If not, then why bp didn't releasing music more often than now? Yg clearly do prefer Cf over music. Keep them in public for everything expect music. They're minimizing their expense and get as much profit as possible without spend a cent. New music and mv consume tons of money and Yg is not in their golden years anymore. You can see it by the year end profits earn by each company. Not to mention how more powerful bp stans the longer they get hiatus which Yg know that.

• YG isn't picking endorsements over music releases cause that isn't even necessary. They could easily have just as many CFs even with 2 group releases a year. It only takes like a day or two to shoot CF stuff so they could even do that in the middle of promos since they only do one show a week anyway. BP has more cfs than most groups but still it's not like they're constantly busy with that

comebacks take millions of wons to prepare esp for yg who always releases unnecessarily expensive MVs

bp is their cash cow rn

im not saying im certain thats the reason but its def helping them print free money

plus, the members other than Rose dont seem particularly interested in music either from my observation so

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I think it’s definitely a strategy, because YG has been really good with managing other aspects of Blackpink’s career, like magazine covers and brand deals.

But I think their streams are high because they’re Blackpink, not because their fans are being starved.

Treasure got a hiatus of 1 year too, stocks reports literally call YG out bc the company do nothing

U need to stop thinking they have some master plan, they just stupid

• It’s a strategy to get maximum results, if yg management was bad, they won’t be allowing them to be very active in other areas outside music. YG makes sure to keep their relevance with constant solo works outside music so basically they bring in new fans for the comeback to be a festival. I mean look at how lovesick girls didn’t do as big as other Blackpink songs internationally because there was no hunger strike. I have come to this conclusion long ago since bigbang that it’s a strategy, the members will be everywhere but a comeback, they are applying it to treasure ( the new BG) it’s on purpose

Bp members aren't everywhere either, that people talk about even when they arent active is people fault

BP members aren't on variety, they have campaigns but those don't happen every single month, like rosé and Lisa debut as soloist and they didn't even went to award shows

They don't release mixtapes or have ads every single month, this month the only one with a magazine shoot or cf was jennie

• earlier it could be strategy

nowadays it's just bad management

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!