Bsides that charted/had the same impact as title tracks?

• Oh My Girl Nonstop + Dolphin

The examples you stated, their title track still do way better even though their B-sides are popular. As in their title track impact is still much bigger

Another one might be Lalisa + Money?

True true. Both the title and bsides were equally successful in their own...you were around in the second gen right? Was this a thing back then too?

Desbundar

• True true. Both the title and bsides were equally successful in their own...you were around in the second gen right? Was this a thing back then too?

It wasnt really the case back then. My guess is that back in 2nd Gen KPOP popularity and songs are largely drivem by the general public so they only focus on title tracks aka the official release of the groups.

But Kpop now it is more fandom driven and hence fandoms tend to also listen to full albums of kpop artists and hence B-sides start to be popular (as fans listen to entire albums) even though they are not as popular as title tracks.

The only other example I could think of is Kara's Mister but that is different because it is the case of a B-side doing a lot better than the title track

• It wasnt really the case back then. My guess is that back in 2nd Gen KPOP popularity and songs are largely drivem by the general public so they only focus on title tracks aka the official release of the groups.

But Kpop now it is more fandom driven and hence fandoms tend to also listen to full albums of kpop artists and hence B-sides start to be popular (as fans listen to entire albums) even though they are not as popular as title tracks.

The only other example I could think of is Kara's Mister but that is different because it is the case of a B-side doing a lot better than the title track

Was mister promoted or was it just a song on an album?

Desbundar

• Aurora for ateez

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Aurora for Onewe

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i don't really follow like stats that close other than title tracks but i remember these two doing well and being promoted although only b-sides.

Up10tion's Destiny was as good as Light

SF9's Tear Drop Album

Believer was a hit due to kingdom

IDK if these are facts i'm assuming lol

• Was it a common thing in previous generations too?

Cuz I see a lot of itzy/twice bsides be used in edits and stuff, we all know about how well forever young did on the chart, same with bts bsides. They are popular and chart well too.

Was this a recent surge or was it always a thing?

Its definitely not common even during 2nd Gen from what I remember only Big Bang and 2NE1 are the only consistent one.

I think one of the best example for this one is BEAST On Rainy Days and Fiction. On Rainy Days was really huge but Fiction is still pretty successful on its own.

Edited once, last by shiki01 ().

• It wasnt really the case back then. My guess is that back in 2nd Gen KPOP popularity and songs are largely drivem by the general public so they only focus on title tracks aka the official release of the groups.

Only partially correct.

You forget that in 2nd gen era, non-title songs of YG groups and YG solo artists used to do astoundingly well on the charts, sometimes filling up almost the entire Top 10 realtime chart for a while (like with BigBang).

The result was that Sistar might have higher digitals for their title song than 2NE1 in a given year, but that 2NE1's album digitals far surpassed those of Sistar's.

Not sure how it is now, I don't think it applies anymore to YG groups in general, but in late 2nd gen era when many fans of YG groups proudly spoke about 'Papa YG' and 'YG family', yeah, those that listened to title songs of YG groups often listened to other songs on the album and songs of other YG artists as well.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I mean OP was asking for similar impact, so yes their B-side chart well but I don't think they actually have a similar/same impact as the titles.

I mean I could be wrong I dunno this was just based on what I remembered

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!