kpop fans are so obsessed with streaming/sales/popularity and i wanna talk about it

• nonfans always attack another kpop group "worry about your faves flopping on the charts" "only popular in japan" "the had their peak" yadada. like nobody cares this much :pepefacepalm: and fans of that specific group always makes other fans feel bad for not streaming or voting "x group has gave us so much content and we cant even vote" "we are so bad at streaming can you even try" "korean fans of x group isnt even streaming". like fans who stream are literally trying their best depending on their schedule and yall out here trying to guilt trip us

nonfans and fans need to stop being obsessed with achievements because at the end of the day being a kpop fan is a hobby. you shouldnt care this much about another groups popularity or fans streaming. :sweatr: im gonna be real honest i dont give two SHITS about how well twice, kep1er, weeekly and other groups are doing on the charts, how many sales they have or how popular they are. i am here to live laugh love at the end of the day trust me its not that important. sure im happy when my faves get achievements but thats it.

kep1er isnt doing well in korean charts? twice isnt charting as well in the korean charts like they did before? weeekly is still isnt doing as well as their 4th gen counterparts? who cares!! i like their music and if you dont go on with your lives. just listen to the music, buy albums if you want to, watch content if you want to, and look at pretty people. you guys really need to be reminded that kpop is a hobby at th end of the day. it is not a part-time job for kpop fans.

this was more like a rant because ive been on akp and twt for too long.

• let's be honest, this doesn't only apply to k-pop

It applies to many music artist and fans

Being a football fan myself, I garantee you it is also the same for fans on twt arguing who's the best (Messi n Ronaldo for example), shitting on other teams and other players, mocking the one with less trophies and such bs.

You can even see the same in anime twt, ppl critice other ppl for having different taste

It's just how it is 8)

I don't really get why ppl are so triggered by all this shithousery

• It pisses me off so much when people try to guilt others into streaming at the expense of their life/work/school or when they try to play the "are you really a fan?" bullshit. Like first of all, mind your business and second of all, there isn't a set standard of how to be a fan or how you support a group so shut up.

Focus on your damn self and leave everyone else alone and let them enjoy things in peace.

• Being a football fan myself, I garantee you it is also the same for fans on twt arguing who's the best (Messi n Ronaldo for example), shitting on other teams and other players, mocking the one with less trophies and such bs.

It's just how it is 8)

Not really a football fan but sometimes I lurk on twitter and the comments are sending me grown ass people commenting ended pessi Ronaldo is finished... :cryingr:

• In general, fandoms in any sphere have extreme folks that are obsessed with proving their faves the best in any metric. This is a fact of life. In Italian we have a words to describe these extremist fans of football/soccer clubs: tifosi - which actually means peoples who have typhoid fever and are acting in that fevered manner.

But the reality is that it is applicable everywhere, to basically every fandom, in every genre. The word "fan" comes from "fanatic" and many people live up to it very well indeed. To be sure, I think there is nothing wrong with being a fan, but I think most of us can agree that there comes a point where it can become too much.

Personally, I think that point is when it starts causing you to put others down needlessly for the sake of your faves especially to the point of insulting and making villains out of other groups and/or large swaths of people (other fandoms). When your perception has become warped enough to exhibit this type of behavior, you really need to rethink your priorities and outlook for your own good.

• I support my faves music by buying the albums because I want to have them but honestly ? I don't spend extra money to buy the songs for example. I always feel a gap between me and a lot of fans of groups that I love.

I want them to do well and be happy in their private life and their music is a great source of enjoyment in my life but I don't care about how they are charting and their achievements.

I don't stream because I can't stand replaying on purpose the same song several times. I just listen to my faves' music when I want. Streaming and all these others things stress me out so I just don't do it.

• I think those stats are often used as validation, to say 'see? See how well they're doing?' as a counter-argument to whenever haters and other-group stans try to shade or trivialize the achievements of a group that someone's a fan of.

It's also informative sometimes: most of us don't live in South Korea, it's insightful to see how well a group or song is really doing digitally or in other sales and charts. It adds some more context to the whole scene.

• Looking middle age men figthing for this shit is embarrasing. They are child men who never leave the bully school mentality. Sexism, homophobia, violence, xenophobia, etc. In comparison, they are much worst than Kpoopies.

Btw, i believe always is important denounce this. Otherwise this bad behaviors tends to normalize.

• I think it's because a lot of kpop fans think of their faves like other people think of sports teams. Everything is a competition and they want them to win! Whether that's music shows, awards, or sales numbers.

I catch myself feeling bad for a group that has put out what I think is a really high quality song, but it doesn't end up getting a proportional amount of recognition. People are hard wired to want "justice", so they think whoever is the best should also be the most successful. On the other hand, a lot of people live vicariously through idols and view an idol's accomplishment as their own. Like, "I helped win this award with all my streaming!" or whatever.

• that's not only kpop fans though. that's literally all fans in general

from western artist/singer fans, sports, movies etc. even phones and console fans, yes those people exist, argue about sales and figures.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!