So when are ifans actually going to do something about CA

• Y’all are just talk. Like how many CA cases over the years and besides some hashtags and emails the CA thing keeps happening in kpop. The most recent case is Joy’s CA where people actually began to believe the bullshit her fans said, “the teepee in the MV is Mongolian, not a Native American dur”. Y’all listen to yourselves? Since when is a nearby country’s culture part of your culture? Can Jews claim Turkish culture just because they live near them or got conquered by them once? Hells no.

And the teepees in the MV even included a dream catcher/spider web design which is from native North Americans. So it’s beyond obvious they were using Native American culture for aesthetics.

Y’all either really care about CA or you don’t. Organize to fight CA in kpop or cut the crap. Personally I don’t care about CA but I’m shocked at the hypocrisy behind it. I find that more disrespectful.

• For someone who doesn't care you sure are fixated on it. :pepepizza:

I was reading how Joy fans twisted other people’s culture and it appalled me that shit was accepted. Like Mongolians and Koreans actually have very little to do with each other. There is no “well Mongolians are like Koreans hurr”. If they were just honest and said “I don’t care” I wouldn’t have a problem with it

• i'm not sure abt whether the indegenous iconography in Joy's mv was North American or not, but Mongolian Shamanism, which is what the fans are talking about, is related to Korea, there are mongolian shaman communities in Jeju (which is in Korea).

a quick google search could find this lol http://m.jejuweekly.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=2926

so for someone who's trying to degrade other's ignorance, perhaps reflect inwards first...

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• This question is phrased as if there aren’t templates to ready and available every time a group does ca. Maybe we should rent billboards I’m sure that would go over well :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People only change if they want. We can’t force people to not do ca

• You just described Teshub's AKP life.

it’s my reaction after seeing bullshit like this

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- no, Jeju people aren’t unique type of natives, they are the same ethnicity as Koreans

- no, Jeju wasn’t conquered by Mongolians

- no, teepees aren’t part of Jeju/Korean culture, they were historically fishers and rice farmers, NOT a nomadic steppe culture

But this type of shite will get eaten up by fans who previously used the CA thing to attack other groups. Now they get ‘creative’ when it comes for their biases

• i'm not sure abt whether the indegenous iconography in Joy's mv was North American or not, but Mongolian Shamanism, which is what the fans are talking about, is related to Korea, there are mongolian shaman communities in Jeju (which is in Korea).

a quick google search could find this lol http://m.jejuweekly.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=2926

so for someone who's trying to degrade other's ignorance, perhaps reflect inwards first...

there are also Korean communities in China. Can ethnic Chinese claim Korean culture with your logic?

• Official Post

I was reading how Joy fans twisted other people’s culture and it appalled me that shit was accepted. Like Mongolians and Koreans actually have very little to do with each other. There is no “well Mongolians are like Koreans hurr”. If they were just honest and said “I don’t care” I wouldn’t have a problem with it

So you DO actually care about it.

You're really sending mixed signals here.

• You don't care, but you are making threads like this on a daily base.

You don't care, but you want others to "fix" these "idols" ignorance.

You don't care, but you care.

You should search first about CA, see if using it on a video is soooo disrespectful to the point of hating on others and if your answer is yes then the problem lies in you.

Stop trying to create a controversy in this subject when you are as hypocrite as some "kpop fans". If it's hurts you so much, do a thread talking about it instead of wasting time here trying to create a bait thread.

• Here's what I think about your cultural appropriation....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• "The Mongol darughachis at the court of the Goryeo were offered provisions and sometimes were also willing to actively involved in the affairs of the Goryeo court. Part of Jeju Island converted to a grazing area for the Mongol cavalry stationed there. Even today, there are several Mongolian words used in the Jeju Island. Furthermore, the Mongol domination of Eurasia encouraged cultural exchange, and this would include for example the transmission of some of the Korean ideas and technology to other areas under Mongol control."

So you're saying the whole Jeju island is doing CA? :pepe-cringe:

I don't want to sound rude, but honestly you should shut the fuck up and stick to talking about girl groups.

• OP. You're dead wrong on this.

The Mongols did invade Jeju and use it as an invasion base. The biggest Mongolian diaspora is in Korea.

Can you establish any evidence behind your statements?

• "The Mongol darughachis at the court of the Goryeo were offered provisions and sometimes were also willing to actively involved in the affairs of the Goryeo court. Part of Jeju Island converted to a grazing area for the Mongol cavalry stationed there. Even today, there are several Mongolian words used in the Jeju Island. Furthermore, the Mongol domination of Eurasia encouraged cultural exchange, and this would include for example the transmission of some of the Korean ideas and technology to other areas under Mongol control."

So you're saying the whole Jeju island is doing CA? :pepe-cringe:

I don't want to sound rude, but honestly you should shut the fuck up and stick to talking about girl groups.

So Afghans can claim American culture because US soldiers were stationed there? Think about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!