Why i dislike army sh00ters

• First off, this is not an “army as a whole” bashing thread. I would like to say that as a whole, I have a very positive experience being an army. BTS was my first Kpop group and they are still my ults nearly 5 years after being introduced. I see genuine good being done in this fandom and I got to know so many friendly people that i keep in regular contact with outside of AKP. But today, I want to vent about one subset of the fandom.

OK. So, I don’t normally go looking for drama or start any drama on my own accord. Usually, I try my best to avoid drama. However, I’m going to make some statements today that probably will cause drama, and honestly, today I really don’t give a shit.

Today, I’m going to be discussing “army sh00ters” and why they are some of my least favorite armys, and also why lots of users on AKP dislike ARMYs in general because of these users.

If what I say today results in me getting dragged in Twitter group chats, on a discord server, or on any other social media platform, please go right ahead. What I’ve learned through observation for the past couple years: the idea of a “co- fandom” is ridiculous and just because you like my faves, it doesn’t mean that I automatically agree with you on everything K-pop or that I have to be friendly to you in general. This is nothing I have not said before, but I’m making it very clear at the beginning of my post. I used to be scared of posting my true thoughts on AKP for fear of fandom backlash, but then I thought this is a K-pop forum. I will be OK if someone disagrees with me.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• There are multiple reasons why saying shit out of pocket and going into threads trying to preach BTS supremacy that only rubs people the wrong way because

1. nobody asked

2. its usually off-topic or

3. you look egotistical as hell

is not improving interpersonal relations on this forum. A lot of people are friends with users in different fandoms because they’re decent people who don’t immediately label their faves “flops” “leeches” “talentless” etc. All that does is alienate potential positive relationships.

And then they just leave the thread. Later, they pretend like they didn’t say something or just ignore the thread even if it’s still up. Bonus points for if they’re proven to be straight up wrong about something they said, they hyper fixate on one part of your statement, and proceed to drag YOU. Then they have the gall to get mad when people call them out.

And here we go with the multistans. If BTS needs (key word: NEED, as their career can speak for itself atp) to be defended, they’ll ignore how multis are always there when the need arises. They’ll ignore how you praise their music, go into congratulatory threads, celebrate achievements, talk about what BTS means to you, etc. By default, you’re a filthy multi who token stans the guys for appearances or achievements, when really you’re trying to get them to see why people are reacting so viscerally to what you said; if it’s true or not doesn’t matter.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• But if a sh00ter inserted bts into a conversation that wasn’t about them and they’re getting quoted en masse, they play victim and think you’re siding with sm/jyp/yg stans or blinks/nctzens/stays/mys/onces/exols etc. They believe you must secretly hate BTS and are siding with people who must also hate them (news flash: a lot of people are neutral towards them, not everyone is an anti). When in reality, you’re just fucking tired of them lacking basic online decorum, restraint, and respect in general.

“Multis shouldnt speak about BTS1!1!” No, but you and your garbage online personality should go because few people tolerate or like it besides your friends.

Oh, and God forbid if you try to call them out and you stan another group under the HYBE umbrella (SVT, TXT, ENHYPEN, NUEST, or fromis_9). It’s one extreme or another: full-on BTSpop agenda or you’re not a “true” ARMY. Everyone fucking knows HYBE as a corporation literally would not exist without BTS; no one is that stupid. But even so, there is no room for questioning, conjecture, critical thoughts, or for another group to have their own success story apart from being under the corporation that BTS built. You defend your other HYBE faves from an army sh00ter? BOOM, company stan sheep. You say your faves make good money as well? BOOM, discrediting BTS’ financial contributions. There is no gray area or persuasion here.

Overall, I’m just fucking tired. I have been observing this phenomenon happen in the army fandom for quite a while now. TLDR: Sh00ters are loud and refuse to take anything other than their own opinion seriously.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Reminds me of thread of a shooter where they used transphobia towards a member as a way to make it a fanwar instead of focusing on how horrendous transphobic comments are and the issue that lies behind all the hate that specific member gets.

But they cared more about the fandom aspect of it.

The worst issue I have with shooters, and this is definetly not an exclusive to ARMYs, is that they are always protected by other members of the fan community.

I, for one, will not be protecting shooters who go out of their way to trash people and their faves in threads that were in no way meant as provocative or disrespectful.

• What's the definition of an army shooter?

someone who is always in fights involving bts, and a lot of the time they’re the ones to insert BTS into the fanwar in the first place when they didn’t have to at all.

Their whole personality online can be summed up as “BTS paved the way”, regardless of whether it’s pertinent to the actual discussion being held.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I don't think this is present in only armys. he is describing someone who shits on other using BTS and thinks that BTS achievements = their own. I see this in Pink Bloods, blinks, even 4th gen stans. Wasn't this also onces at some point? I feel like with huge fandoms it just gets amplified.

Definetly true

• on a serious note, its nice that u ranted it out

keeping this stuff bottled up must have been tiring

this thread will likely go off the deep end, but i do not care. I’m sick of this crap running rampant

I don't think this is present in only armys. he is describing someone who shits on other using BTS and thinks that BTS achievements = their own. I see this in Pink Bloods, blinks, even 4th gen stans. Wasn't this also onces at some point? I feel like with huge fandoms it just gets amplified.

yeah you’re also right. I’m just talking about my primary fandom since i spend the most time there

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• A very entertaining read indeed. Chuckled a couple of times.

I mean, theres no denying that every fandom have these kinds of people. And only God knows how much I want to slap them across the face.

• But even so, there is no room for questioning, conjecture, critical thoughts, or for another group to have their own success story apart from being under the corporation that BTS built. You defend your other HYBE faves from an army sh00ter? BOOM, company stan sheep.

ooooh now THIS is very true. "hybe stan" becoming such a casual insult to specifically silence other armys who don't fully agree with the anti hybe agenda put this fandom several steps back. not a single person ive ever seen called a "hybe stan" on this forum, myself included, is actually one. i can think some criticism is valid and some isnt. hating hybe any chance you get when its not even relevant to the topic is not the personality trait some people think it is! if y'all want an echo chamber of armys that hate hybe with every ounce of their being, go make one somewhere else!

who's your favorite artist?

Edited once, last by aclassyteaparty ().

• A very entertaining read indeed. Chuckled a couple of times.

I mean, theres no denying that every fandom have these kinds of people. And only God knows how much I want to slap them across the face.

i made you laugh? Bonus points for me

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I smell a hit thread.

I always find it funny when users play the victim and talk about all the hate bts gets after shading and being anti to other groups. Hypocrisy at its finest.

• ooooh now THIS is very true. "hybe stan" becoming such a casual insult to specifically silence other armys who don't fully agree with the anti hybe agenda put this fandom several steps back. not a single person ive ever seen called a "hybe stan" on this forum, myself included, is actually one. i can think some criticism is valid and some isnt. hating hybe any chance you get when its not even relevant to the topic is not the personality trait some people think it is! if y'all want an echo chamber of armys that hate hybe with ever ounce of their being, go make one somewhere else!

both ‘manti’ and ‘hybe stan’ has become such buzz words

• ooooh now THIS is very true. "hybe stan" becoming such a casual insult to specifically silence other armys who don't fully agree with the anti hybe agenda put this fandom several steps back. not a single person ive ever seen called a "hybe stan" on this forum, myself included, is actually one. i can think some criticism is valid and some isnt. hating hybe any chance you get when its not even relevant to the topic is not the personality trait some people think it is! if y'all want an echo chamber of armys hate hybe with ever ounce of their being, go make one somewhere else!

thank you!

Do I like what bighit does a label for their artists? Yeah. Are they perfect? Of course not.

I view Hybe as any other corporate monolith: they want my money plain and simple. I give it to them when my faves release albums and that is all.

I shouldn’t have to watch a group i support be trashed on for 0 logical reasons by another fandom I’m apart of that’s from the same company, and still be labelled a company stan if I do dare to speak up and go against popular opinion

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• biggest problem with such people is that they turn their whole personality into being a bts stan and live through bts' career. you can ask them "what did YOU achieve in life" and they'll spam the sh!t out of you with screenshots of records, awards and etc... like bestie, this isn't what i asked you ?(

• There are multiple reasons why saying shit out of pocket and going into threads trying to preach BTS supremacy that only rubs people the wrong way because

1. nobody asked

2. its usually off-topic or

3. you look egotistical as hell

is not improving interpersonal relations on this forum. A lot of people are friends with users in different fandoms because they’re decent people who don’t immediately label their faves “flops” “leeches” “talentless” etc. All that does is alienate potential positive relationships.

"leeches" seems to be the favorite word of some racists shooters i've seen on twitter. imagine being that miserable that you resort to racists attacks. i dont think BTS would like to see that shit used against their peers.

• Who's offending you, Massive

You are always so nice :aespa4:

this is nearly 3 years of shit I’ve seen since txt debuted. It’s not just them or hybe groups, it’s a lot of groups that get shit on by army sh00ters.

The egoists came out of hiding, they’re ugly, and now they can say what they want because their followers eat their crap like it’s gospel.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 2 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• both ‘manti’ and ‘hybe stan’ has become such buzz words

and that is why i have personally decided to just stop calling people mantis for certain views they hold. there's no need to use words we know are meant to be derogatory towards a group of fans that hold specific viewpoints. just call out those points point blank. i don't need to call someone a manti, i can just point out how they're taking bts' autonomy, thoughts, and opinions out of the equation and zeroing in on their hybe hate.

who's your favorite artist?

• i sense some users are about to get angry at thisssssss :eyes:

but i agree with you :bts28:

They can suck my a$$. I’ve watched this happen in real-time on this forum and almost never said anything. just chose to watch and see their thought process.

Well, time’s up.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• this is nearly 3 years of shit I’ve seen since txt debuted. It’s not just them or hybe groups, it’s a lot of groups that get shit on by army sh00ters. This is exactly what i thought the fandom would be against seeing as bts suffered through drags and insults like this since debut basically, but sadly nope. The egoists came out of hiding and they’re ugly.

you said its about army shooters yet why blame the fandom? do you suggest all of us take responsibility for each other's actions? bcos this just sounds like holding army to higher morale scale as these kinda ppl exist in every fandom, i suppose im confused by the generalization here unless you didnt mean it that way.

• By default, you’re a filthy multi who token stans the guys for appearances or achievements,

I never understood fandoms hatred for multi fans. In Some thread I see people always dragging multi fans saying that their not real fans etc.

Like you can't stan more than one group? Is it really some sort of betrayal to support other talented idols

It's strange to put onself on a higher moral ground and look down on other fans.

• This thread contains 353 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!