SM is turning into the worst Company in Kpop and this is NOT a clickbait

• I'm the only one disappointed here? I'm really starting to feel sad with all of this. I love SM so much and their artists but this really needs to STOP!

Why SM is not letting their idols sing LIVE? Why this thing is happening? even BALLADS are lipsynced now! The full SMTOWN Concert was lipsynced not even 1 live performance. A performance where they are just there sit like Key with Taeyeon is lipsynced!

I miss the live vocals so much, what's the purpose in watching a concert if the artists are just going to lipsync?

I'm so mad and pissed off right now because SM artists are known for their vocals so why not just let them do what they do the best? SING

is this how everything will be now? all performances with pre-recorded vocals and then lipsync to those pre-recorded vocals? not even singing over the track?

I'm sorry for this but I hate in how this company is turning :pepe-sad:

Bring me back the live vocals and the artists belting those notes :pepe-sad:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I totally agree with you in the lipsync part. It seems like a new director thing that they find way more convenient for them regardless of the artists desire to sing live. Many non-sm artists are doing it too but they’re either nugus or have days where they change it and sing live in another day. While SM is stuck with this method that it’s getting unbearable. They will probably keep doing it with everyone. All artists (minus aespa) used to sing real lives in previous years with no problems but suddenly now they don’t.

However btw some performances of senior acts were definitely live (pre recorded and edited but live with and without backtracks). I really hope fans make SM notice. Send trucks anything just let them realize no one likes it because SM seems clueless. Anyway the concert was really good though with all the fun collaborations.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku ().

• It wasn’t a live concert what were you expecting lol.

Their other live concerts like for example Baekhyun’s beyond Live was completely live and performed in real-time. Looks like you didn’t know what you should have expected

I wish such a concert wouldn’t exist cuz it doesn’t do much for me but I can see the appeal of performance videos. They’re fun.

SM Town concerts are pre recorded performance videos to watch for fun. That’s all.

• I totally agree with you in the lipsync part. It seems like a new director thing that they find way more convenient for them regardless of the artists desire to sing live. Many non-sm artists are doing it too but they’re either nugus or have days where they change it and sing live in another day. While SM is stuck with this method that it’s getting unbearable. They will probably keep doing it with everyone. All artists (minus aespa) used to sing real lives in previous years with no problems but suddenly now they don’t.

However btw some performances of senior acts were definitely live (pre recorded and edited but live with and without backtracks). I really hope fans make SM notice. Sends trucks anything just let them realize no one likes it because they seem clueless. Anyway the concert was really good though.

they are going to keep being clueless if we have tweets like this :pepe-sad:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean some were live though like I think all of Suju if I remember?

no

that's how a live performance with pre-recorded vocals sound. That's the thing Kpop fans are starting to be clueless all this performances are edited the f out with the vocals and screaming saying they are live vocals when clearly they are not even singing live.

I mean there's already MR REMOVED videos of the GOT performance :pepe-sad:

SJ and most of the artists they lipsynced to a pre-recorded vocals that's how it sounds . It's not the studio version is a different version made for live stages :pepe-sad:

• they are going to keep being clueless if we have tweets like this :pepe-sad:

I mean the concert itself was really good so I am all for complimenting it but I hate when fans in general say things like “wow they sound too stable live” when they’re clearly not singing live! Like SM probably thinks fans believe that it’s live so they don’t want to change it. I actually like when mistakes happen because then they realize everyone KNOWS. Like when Renjun wasn’t wearing his mic and it blew up, few days later and they performed real live stage (idk if it’s related but it might have been to prove something).

lt64IYu.gif

• Well as "live" as you can get while also being very much prerecorded :cryingr: they were singing anyway or if they weren't they are very impressive fakers

edit or I'm just very bad at this :cryingr:

The vocals were recorded live I’m pretty sure. It’s just a edited video I mean so hence it wasn’t “live”

I mean Kai teleported in his performance who thought this concert was live :pepe-hehe:

• The vocals were recorded live I’m pretty sure. It’s just a edited video I mean so hence it wasn’t “live”

I mean Kai teleported in his performance who thought this concert was live :pepe-hehe:

I don’t think that what they mean by live. It’s about lipsyncing and singing the line on the spot. If we were talking about the actual meaning of live then literally 95% of shows are not live post-covid. Even Mama stages that seemed live were recorded weeks ago before Mama (and each fandom went to their favs site to cheer).

lt64IYu.gif

• I don’t think that what they mean by live. It’s about lipsyncing and singing the line on the spot. If we were talking about the actual meaning of live then literally 95% of shows are not live post-covid. Even Mama stages that seemed live were recorded weeks ago before Mama (and each fandom went to their favs site to cheer).

And that’s what I meant too lol. This concert was recorded multiple times and edited. Why would you even talk about being live for such a thing lol.

And mama and this was the same like we already discussed that day. This is exactly the same as MAMA. We had a multi page discussion on why we consider pre rec MAMA stages as lip sync’d lol.

• And that’s what I meant too lol. This concert was recorded multiple times and edited. Why would you even talk about being live for such a thing lol.

Oh I see. I think there should be a better word to describe it but this is when SM artists started lip-syncing every performance; ie when they became pre-recorded and edited many times. While other artists also prerecord, refilm and edit videos, they sing on the spot instead of just moving lips and hence fans want SM artists to do that too.

lt64IYu.gif

• Oh I see. I think there should be a better word to describe it but this is when SM artists started lip-syncing every performance; ie when they became pre-recorded and edited many times. While other artists also prerecord, refilm and edit videos, they sing on the spot instead of just moving lips and hence fans want SM artists to do that too.

Current SM artist lip sync is separate to this concert.

Such a thing is not expected to be live. (I mean you can hope hope the whole concert was a different format) but given this format it’s obvious to not expect live.

What I meant to say was lip sync’ing to one takes (that are live or recorded and broadcast) is very different to this concert where it’s very obvious these are just pre recoded performance videos.

• just because of lipsyncing ? :pepeshock::pepeshock:

What's the purpose of having the most talented singer idols in their company if you won't let them sing live and showcase that? :pepe-sad:

SM is known for VOCALS and now they are only giving lipsync to prerecorded vocals or total lipsync the cd vers :peperain:

Why cast idols that can actually sing live if you won't let them do it? in that case go to a model agency pick the best visuals and debut them in a group :pepe-notes:

• SM is known for VOCALS and now they are only giving lipsync to prerecorded vocals or total lipsync the cd vers :peperain:

Why cast idols that can actually sing live if you won't let them do it? in that case go to a model agency pick the best visuals and debut them in a group :pepe-notes:

They don’t do that in their own concerts. Their own fans concerts are still sacred for now.

127 just had their offline tour concerts few days ago and they were 100% live. They adlib, interact with fans (talking. screaming etc). It sounded so refreshing and million times better than music shows/year end shows performances. Same thing for others who had their concerts. They probably have different directors for tours besides prioritizing them overall.

lt64IYu.gif

• What's the purpose of having the most talented singer idols in their company if you won't let them sing live and showcase that? :pepe-sad:

SM is known for VOCALS and now they are only giving lipsync to prerecorded vocals or total lipsync the cd vers :peperain:

its still enjoyable for me to listen to a performance that is not exactly live for instance this is one of my favorite performances of all times and it was tottally dubbed and the live performance is completely different:

and afcorse sm idols know how to sing i don't feel like they have to perform live in every single performance??

e2f77d54dd5c83c0345c9bcd04c5edd2058a6cef.gifva994e98da53ddcd6d6417b925d1253b6edad8f0d.gifv

Edited once, last by Aeicy ().

• I feel like OP is projecting aespa’s problem into all of SM and calling SM worst because of it :pepepizza:

Yeah the others don’t do it occasionally and actually had many performances where they sang on spot in 2021(live broadcasts and YouTube performances). It’s just aespa that keep doing the same for every stage and everyone thinks all the other SM artists do the same because some of them they lip-synced award shows.

lt64IYu.gif

• I feel like OP is projecting aespa’s problem into all of SM and calling SM worst because of it :pepepizza:

nope I wanted to cry the first moment I saw my girl Taeyeon lipsyncing to a ballad with Key. That's when I totally lost it. They can be pre-recorded stages but still sing live for example

• Baekhyun’s live concert was genuinely live. Kai’s was not some bits were live but most of it was pre recorded with lot of fancy editing.

This has nothing to do with SM as a company and everything to do with what type of artists they are. Kai’s main intention is to tell a story and intense choreo for all the dozen or so songs he performed. And if that took pre recording that’s what he wants to do. Baekhyun wants to sing live that’s his strength. He wants to perform in real time for his fans.

I really don’t see this overarching “SM is forcing” people to lip sync narrative aespa Stan’s are trying to push.

Your group is not singing live. Maybe because of themselves or their management team. This has nothing to do with other artists or SM’s overall focus.

• nope I wanted to cry the first moment I saw my girl Taeyeon lipsyncing to a ballad with Key. That's when I totally lost it. They can be pre-recorded stages but still sing live for example

This is not the same as what was happening in the concert lol. This is a pre recorded one take video. The concert was not. It was multiple take performance video.

• This is not the same as what was happening in the concert lol. This is a pre recorded one take video. The concert was not. It was multiple take performance video.

I were gooing to use other performance but I can't find it on Youtube because you can notice its a pre recorded stage with mutple take performance video (they have instruments and then they vanish lol) but it's still a live vocal performance :pepe-sad:

External Content youtu.be

• I were gooing to use other performance but I can't find it on Youtube because you can notice its a pre recorded stage with mutple take performance video (they have instruments and then they vanish lol) but it's still a live vocal performance :pepe-sad:

External Content youtu.be

That’s just lip sync’d better. Lol. The minute there are two videos with different audio (because they will always only use one of the audios) that’s called a lip sync. You can just say key and taeyeon lip sync’d badly lol.

• partly agree . maybe they are saving their throats (who knows) but a few live vocal performances would be good.

what I hate they most is they gatekeep aespa contents

they should give us dance practice instead of collage for example :pepe-sad:

• . . . . . but how does this make SM turning them into the worst company tho, you can criticized SM all you want but this is straight up petty lmao

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• That’s just lip sync’d better. Lol. The minute there are two videos with different audio (because they will always only use one of the audios) that’s called a lip sync. You can just say key and taeyeon lip sync’d badly lol.

no that vid is not pre-recorded vocals specially for the performance they sing live in one of those stages and they kept the better audio for the stage u can literally listen the girls breathing and not singing perfectly in the chorus mostly

• no that vid is not pre-recorded vocals specially for the performance they sing live in one of those stages and they kept the better audio for the stage u can literally listen the girls breathing and not singing perfectly in the chorus mostly

No no you’re confused

Video 1 + Audio 1

Video 2 + may or maybe not have a Audio 2

Final = video 1 + 2 with audio 1

If video 2 was not exactly performed as good as video 1, you’ll see that it won’t look good will seem more explicit lip sync eve though by default it already is lip sync’d.

The video you showed is not different from this current concert. Just performed with more care.

• you just watched a over 6 hours long concert for free and you have nothing better to do than complain?

as for me, I`m glad sm is giving us a concert for free and I really appreciate them for that, so I dont freaking care if the performances were lip synced. they were at least live recordings/version of the songs or partly live singing.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• I don't like it either. The singers are confident, why make them lipsync? Aespa seemed so confident in their encore, the girls are ready to brag about their vocals, but Sm prefers see them being bashed every performance.

• The whole concert was prerecorded so what did you expect exactly? Some of these performances were recorded months ago lol so obviously they'd be edited and processed.

Also like tic said, this is a case by case matter. It depends on the idols and their direction or performance style so don't paint everyone with the same brush.

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!