why do you think this site is dying?

• Site ain't dyin it's holiday season

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idk it seemed very active to me before the holidays started

I couldn't keep up at all lol

I could try comparing to the years 2016-2017 and beginning of 2018 ....but the thing is I don't remember if the activity was better or worse back then :cryingr: so I'm just rambling about nothing at this point :pepe-cringe:

I always thought trolls increase the traffic here :/

• I have many explanations

1. more trolling and usual troll know now than they can do and say what they want because mods never do anything about them

2. people doesn't want to do controversial thread anymore to create discussion because people gets mad easily once you say something about their favs, that isn't the same thing that they think

3. Holiday break

4. guilds, some people stay in their guild and never go to the main forum so there's less and less people going to the main forum to discuss

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• 4. guilds, some people stay in their guild and never go to the main forum so there's less and less people going to the main forum to discuss

this^^^

people are like huh its the same users, nah trust me there are users in guilds i never knew existed and they're like really fcking active.

• i think we just need discussion threads. people DO comment, its some stupid thread, an annoying troll, or a straight-up hot take in which EVERYONE involved gets dragged for having an opinion.

i think this sight is extremely active, though.

• i think we just need discussion threads. people DO comment, its some stupid thread, an annoying troll, or a straight-up hot take in which EVERYONE involved gets dragged for having an opinion.

i think this sight is extremely active, though.

i realized this when autumnleaf_soshi made their thread in November and their thread was getting spammed and spammed that night just for akorns ^^

• yes you have, stop slacking 97193-ezgif-com-gif-maker-9-gif

I make an average of 5 threads a day assuming you take my thread count and divide by 365 days

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I guess people are really feeling the impact of my absence in making threads since people starting feeling the "site is dying" when I made less threads. I will do better

:pepe-comfy::pepe-comfy::pepe-comfy:

• lol

the exact opposite

too much censorship and pandering to children

heavily stacked with fandoms of a couple of groups that run out of topics to discuss

no arguments without one side being declared objectively right based on moral superiority

etc etc

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• You can look around the internet and see truly dead forums. This is a little slower than usual but still active.

It’s the holidays as people have pointed out and many of the large fandoms don’t have any impending releases. Other fandoms stay in their guilds, which are mostly quite active.

FWIW, I don’t think there are any more trolls now than there were back in January, just different kinds..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• It's not really dying. It has moments which are busier than others just because time zones. I've noticed that early night in my time zone can get kind of dead because the Europeans are sleeping. Right now it's the holidays, but there's still lots of activity.

There haven't been a ton of "hit threads" because people just get tired or arguing with the same 6 people over and over again. We're over it.

• One other thing: the types of threads that the old trolls would have posted in the Kpop section now get posted (over and over) in the anons.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• it's lowkey dying

Just because nobody cares about Taylor Swift here that doesn't mean the site is dead, it's just holidays season it's always like that there is nothing to talk about or exciting comebacks.

Just say you want this site to die because you hate freedom of speech and you like family friendly lol

• I agree with several of the other replies that the biggest factor is the guilds.

I don't like trolls either, but I was on akp back at the beginning of the pandemic and it was super active but still had more trolls tbh. But back then, it also felt like there was more discussion in general and especially more discussion between users of different fandoms.

Nowadays, it feels like people mainly stick to their own and so many of the threads that get posted are fandom specific. Unless you are in one of the handful of bigger fandoms here, it can feel like you don't matter. I mean crap, just look at the badge situation. If I was a VIP for example , I would see that no one really talks about them and I can't even buy a badge to show I'm a fan, so I guess there aren't BB fans here and I would probably leave since there's barely any general discussion either.

I would love to see more smaller groups get talked about and people get more relaxed about talking to each other, even if they're in different fandoms and have differing opinions.

• One other thing: the types of threads that the old trolls would have posted in the Kpop section now get posted (over and over) in the anons.

this is a good point. anons stay hopping. I think they are probably pulling just as much activity as the guilds.

• Just because nobody cares about Taylor Swift here that doesn't mean the site is dead, it's just holidays season it's always like that there is nothing to talk about or exciting comebacks.

Just say you want this site to die because you hate freedom of speech and you like family friendly lol

there are lots of Swifties on here.... t-swiftie  GoldenNini  luckyStarLight and others, to the point where people have been considering creating a guild. the weird hater energy with a Taylor drag is unnecessary...

i don't hate freedom of speech and i don't need family friendly either. this is an opinion shared by a good amount of people on here. there was no need to be rude... people (specifically trolls) have been joking about COVID 19 recently and personally that crosses a line. it's a matter of principle for me considering people have died from it.

• I wouldn't notice if it was dying, I stay in my guild and dms most of the time and it's never dead there :pepe-toilet:

I think many users are active in their guild only :melon_think:

this^^^

people are like huh its the same users, nah trust me there are users in guilds i never knew existed and they're like really fcking active.

this is interesting. are they like new users or veteran users? i don't guild-snoop but i definitely believe this is possible.

• there are lots of Swifties on here.... t-swiftie  GoldenNini  luckyStarLight and others, to the point where people have been considering creating a guild. the weird hater energy with a Taylor drag is unnecessary...

i don't hate freedom of speech and i don't need family friendly either. this is an opinion shared by a good amount of people on here. there was no need to be rude... people (specifically trolls) have been joking about COVID 19 recently and personally that crosses a line. it's a matter of principle for me considering people have died from it.

I was just joking with u l like Taylor swift lol

People make jokes about cancer aids the plague Ebola, but oh it's a big deal for you to make jokes about covid 19... I guess this comes with the woke package you subscribed to lol.

• the truth is people on here are way too sensitive. non trolls dont even want to post "controversial" threads anymore because it divulges into those dumb drama tag lists and people de-railing the thread with bullshit like thats supposed to be funny.

who's your favorite artist?

• this is interesting. are they like new users or veteran users? i don't guild-snoop but i definitely believe this is possible.

they've been around for a while ig.. they're not usually new users but users that typically lurk

• 9k damn. i wonder if internationally people gather family for New Years also, it's more common for just Christmas.

• How is a whole grown adult this triggered by trolling? Like...

i'm not going to have this argument with a troll. i'll explain in simple terms: people/trolls on here have been joking around about COVID 19 lately and it hits home because i had a family member pass away from it....

so yeah, i'm a little fucking "triggered" that people think this disease is a joke or a punchline

• This thread contains 76 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!