[Naver]Millennials surveyed on ideal traits in marriage partners

• Millennials surveyed on ideal traits in marriage partners

AVvXsEjqTvOzH8_3qcIfPqYLGHw9W3GvSGTOHos18kpW4FQHQEhvOSd80OrSEByRecFiugU1BLFZgNnbYAg3QfedtihQ6aqsCeVwJRpEL5bIZkmu_w0Qh9EaMQPdFk2MY1kP-p297ZQwtXCI_QnK4fLbCzJJjJHI0DyUWWEIxK2GVT9BU-kLM5M7kTdyrtwJ=w640-h594

Article: What the MZ generation women look for in a partner... civilv servant, 175 cm tall, 60-100 million won income

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

2021 survey of 500 unmarried men and 500 unmarried women aged 25-39 on ideal partner traits

What men desire in a partner:

Importance: personality > looks > age

Profession: civil servant > white collar > specialized professional (doctor, lawyer, tech, etc)

Hobby: traveling > cooking > working out

Salary: 30 - 60 million won

Assets: 100 - 300 million won

Height: 160 - 165 cm

Education: 4 year college graduate

Age difference: 1-4 years younger

What women desire in a partner:

Importance: personality > income > profession

Profession: civil servant > specialized professional > white collar

Hobby: traveling > cooking > working out

Salary: 60 - 100 million won

Assets: 100 - 300 million won

Height: 175 - 180 cm

Education: 4 year college graduate

Age difference: 1-4 years older

1. [+3,420, -26] ㅋㅋㅋ How are they expecting a civil servant to be making 60 million won in their 20s/30s? Let's not start a gender war over this, media

2. [+1,911, -24] A civil servant making 60 million won ㅠㅠ they're going to have to date someone in their 50s

3. [+944, -67] What 20s/30s men want in a partner is someone with the face of Kim Tae Hee and the body of Jun Ji Hyun. Impossible, right? Just like how there's no man making over 60 million won in his 20s/30s too.

4. [+644, -16] I bet you could count the number of civil servants in their 30s making 60 to 100 million won on one hand ㅎ

5. [+456, -28] We're all going down together, guys. I don't feel lonely because we're all in this together... our generation will single handedly end 2,500 years of Korean history right here.

6. [+225, -1] So women desire 60 to 100 million won in salary but prefer civil servants over specialized professionals? That's like asking for an iced americano warm...

7. [+169, -0] Everyone just needs to stay single

8. [+99, -3] Any civil servant at a marriageable age is only making 30 million won a year, wake up to reality people ㅋㅋ

9. [+69, -5] There exists a large gap in what people desire and what exists in reality. A civil servant in their 20s/30s making 100 million won a year does not exist in real life. And even if such a man did exist, he would not be dating any of you.

10. [+55, -1] If women want a civil servant making 60 to 100 million won a year, their only options are bachelors in their late 50s

11. [+40, -1] My office bookkeeper had super high standards like this and ended up marrying some balding sushi chef

12. [+39, -1] A civil servant making 60 million won a year? So women want to marry a man in his 50s?

• And what exactly taught young Korean women that civil servants are more virtuous than businessmen or professionals?

K-Dramas. ^^

It's not about "virtuous" but about stability and respect. The same preference is also from the men. The salary though... I did not expect them to make so little.

• Haha, I am looking at various desired points, especially the salary and assets for both categories, and I am laughing my ass off. These people are in for a rude awakening.

btw, SK is at the same level of birth rate as greece, and greece had just gotten out of a 10 year brutal recession (practically lost at least 1/3 of its economy) and was just recovering as covid hit, (talk about bad luck), and also lost at least 5% of its population (especially in the younger, highly educated group) due to massive migration to other EU countries and the UK.

• These days almost everyone has extremely high expectation for dating which is why most people just end up single

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For me the most important factor is personality. A partner also needs to be supportive. I'm lucky my partner is a great support and I wouldn't be doing so well if it weren't for him. I must be doing something right though for him to have stuck around for twenty years. I'm also far from a milennial though. Too many people put demands on traits in a partner and they wonder why they're single or have someone leave them. Don't be fussy imo.

• 0ppar

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • 5. [+456, -28] We're all going down together, guys. I don't feel lonely because we're all in this together... our generation will single handedly end 2,500 years of Korean history right here.

Koreans are soon gonna go extinct...

yup. Their birth rate was 0.84 last year which is well below the 2.1 needed to maintain population.

• civil servants have a "status" in my country

they get a lot of benefits from the government so marrying a civil servant is considered to be increasing ones social status and welcoming a life of comfort

i'd assume its the same for koreans

it's the same in my country

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!