HYBE is the only kpop label balancing well US and Japanese market right now

• U think svt should be above twice in japan?

isn't twice's digitals really good in japan

U think svt's sales are enough to overcome that?

If you go by an industry metric instead of a personal Metric billboard Japan has a top artist category. In that category they do many metrics beyond what is generally seen. In the top artist category BTS is #1, NiziU is #5, Twice is #11, Seventeen is #32, Blackpink is #51, TXT is #52, Enypen is #57, ITZY is #61, and NCT 127 is #80. So that is 2 from HYBE, 1 from HYBE/CJE&M, 1 from HYBE/Pledis, 3 from JYP, 1 from YG, 1 from SM.

• If you go by an industry metric instead of a personal Metric billboard Japan has a top artist category. In that category they do many metrics beyond what is generally seen. In the top artist category BTS is #1, NiziU is #5, Twice is #11, Seventeen is #32, Blackpink is #51, TXT is #52, Enypen is #57, ITZY is #61, and NCT 127 is #80. So that is 2 from HYBE, 1 from HYBE/CJE&M, 1 from HYBE/Pledis, 3 from JYP, 1 from YG, 1 from SM.

Thank you

this list makes sense

• If you go by an industry metric instead of a personal Metric billboard Japan has a top artist category. In that category they do many metrics beyond what is generally seen. In the top artist category BTS is #1, NiziU is #5, Twice is #11, Seventeen is #32, Blackpink is #51, TXT is #52, Enypen is #57, ITZY is #61, and NCT 127 is #80. So that is 2 from HYBE, 1 from HYBE/CJE&M, 1 from HYBE/Pledis, 3 from JYP, 1 from YG, 1 from SM.

Itzy is a bit lower than my expectations

• Idk about Twice being third on the US, I would put both NCT 127 and TxT ahead.

And idk what have Stray Kids and Itzy done on Japan to be ahead of both Dream and 127, specially 127.

• Idk about Twice being third on the US, I would put both NCT 127 and TxT ahead.

And idk what have Stray Kids and Itzy done on Japan to be ahead of both Dream and 127, specially 127.

Itzy have 4 streaming certifications in Japan. But i don't think they will sell as much as the bgs.

Doesn't twice have better longevity on bb200 these days than nct? Formula of love is still charting on bb200.

»»- -««

10ec119f4504e204737c9f75f37bd74681cdf09b.gifv 57f809fa15ca393d2d148bad8288f686d69613c5.gifv 70f531c5b0f863bfe6ce48eedacfafc23ccf3371.gifv

• Itzy have 4 streaming certifications in Japan. But i don't think they will sell as much as the bgs.

Doesn't twice have better longevity on bb200 these days than nct? Formula of love is still charting on bb200.

Ok, 4 streaming certifications... But they barely sell albums on Japan.

And no, NCT 127 actually have the longest streak charting on BB200 of any 2021 k-pop album. 13 weeks and still counting

Twice literally charted on hot 100???

Do you think charting a song on Hot 100 for a week makes a group automatically superior? It's hard to chart on Hot 100 but when you are selling 3/4 less than the group you are being compared to there is not even discussion. Are we still comparing streamings to physicals?

• Ok, 4 streaming certifications... But they barely sell albums on Japan.

And no, NCT 127 actually have the longest streak charting on BB200 of any 2021 album. 13 weeks and still counting

Do you think charting a song on Hot 100 for a week makes a group automatically superior? It's hard to chart on Hot 100 but when you are selling 3/4 less than the group you are being compared to there is not even discussion. Are we still comparing streamings to physicals?

How many albums has 127 sold in the US this year?

• So are we then removing Enhypen and Seventeen as one is a HYBE/CJE#M and Seventeen is a Pledis group originally?

Even though NiziU have released Korean versions of their songs I wouldn't rank them against other kpop groups there. Even if they had an official debut there it wouldn't make much logical sense.

They're not a like for like comparison in Japan to kpop groups as they are Jpop and have from pre-debut been jointly run by Sony Japan. Hybe and CJ ENM operate in the same country with a lot more synergies (you see that with the TXT and Enhypen links), the comparative advantage isn't the same.

And no, NCT 127 actually have the longest streak charting on BB200 of any 2021 k-pop album. 13 weeks and still counting

They have a sold 100k copies without JPN releases and their debut album sold 13k it’s not huge compared to twice but it still better than most k-GG...

From the 3rd to 4th gen groups only BTS,BP Twice Izone and Itzy got a streaming certification all these BG expect BTS can sell but have no hits in Japan so what now???

The gag is that Twice albums are always understocking that’s why they have a shitty longevity. Since the BB100 new reform NCT have been doing worse than usual while groups like Twice, TXT, and Itzy...have seen a growth every CB

And as far I know TXT have the longest charting album this year

Ning Yi Zhuo

You're overstating the importance of physicals in Japan that are for most kpop groups driven by fansigns. and are trending down for kpop girl groups.

&Twice only sold 174k in 2019 and a few weeks later they had a million applications for the Japanese leg of their world tour. On top of being invited to Kohaku that year as well. The Feels is their best performing song in Japan since TT yet they sell nowhere near as much as they used to.

Blackpink barely sell anything and can perform in Domes.

Yoasobi are incredibly popular yet their success is mainly seen through consumption outside of physical albums.

• Even though NiziU have released Korean versions of their songs I wouldn't rank them against other kpop groups there. Even if they had an official debut there it wouldn't make much logical sense.

They're not a like for like comparison in Japan to kpop groups as they are Jpop and have from pre-debut been jointly run by Sony Japan. Hybe and CJ ENM operate in the same country with a lot more synergies (you see that with the TXT and Enhypen links), the comparative advantage isn't the same.

This article has nothing to do with KPOP groups. It has to do with "companies" and their artists charting/sales etc...

edit: Also what Korean versions have they released? Not youtube stuff but actually released for sales/distribution that you are stating.

• This article has nothing to do with KPOP groups. It has to do with "companies" and their artists charting/sales etc...

I have no idea what article you're referring to - when was I referencing or responding to an article in this thread?

• I have no idea what article you're referring to - when was I referencing or responding to an article in this thread?

This whole thread (sorry that is what I meant), This thread is about HYBE/JYPE/YG/SM companies or KPOP "label" organization and their artists. Stating oh I don't count so and so group because well they aren't a KPOP group is not what this discussion has been about. The original OP had put in a comparison with JYP/YG and SM. If your stating that okay I'm going to discount NiziU because they were a joint group or because they aren't on the original OP's list of labels then we need to get rid of Enhypen as they are a joint group and Seventeen as they weren't a HYBE group at the outset and are now I would say a jointly managed group. Same difference as your stating for NiziU just being on topic.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!