Why does SM has so many restrictions for Aespa?

• it's 2021 and 2 weeks more we're entering 2022 (they're supposed to be advanced)

Why SM making aespa so exclusive? Just why...

not even harmless song cover? :pepe-cut:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

she broke the rule for fans :pepelove1:

Aespa can't freely upload on twitter, instagram, bubble, vlive and cherry on top lack of contents . Tragic..Mys are truly content deprived

FF0FRI6VgAQusqb?format=jpg&name=medium
    Barely any original youtube content on their channel compared to other 4th gen groups. Did SM can't pay staff to regularly managed aespa's account? They are making them looked like a 5 years old group.

Imagine if they release a lot of contents,

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now my Question,

I'm curious, Did other artist under SM suffered the same fate like aespa during their rookie years or is this the first time SM is 'this' strict? :/:/:/:/

• No Sm let Red velvet sing and promote a lot during rookie years some can argue they even overexposed them but Aespa are quite mysterious and secretive even Lee Soo-Man said they're really good at keeping secrets and not spoiling anything in their press conference :nervousk:

• External Content www.youtube.com

Red velvet were even allowed to perform on immortal songs during rookie years this is just something they're doing with Aespa :nervousk:

• No Sm let Red velvet sing and promote a lot during rookie years some can argue they even overexposed them but Aespa are quite mysterious and secretive even Lee Soo-Man said they're really good at keeping secrets and not spoiling anything in their press conference :nervousk:

absolutely no

there was no bubble so rv couldn't communicate or cover song

sm never upload content about them on their youtube channel until Monster era when they start to upload more on their channel

and during their rookies year besides 1-3 variety show RV didn't have many activities

to be honest Aespa have 4x times more content than RV had during their rookies years

the difference is that now people expect more in term of content because of new technology etc... compare to when red velvet debut

the girls have been able to post their cover just since Red flavor when thy over song on their ig live or when they drop snippet of cover

SM didn't even use their Vlive channel to promote them in comparison of other groups, RV have very few content on vlive

Aespa at least have vlogs

Red velvet didn't have any vlogs we had to wait 3 years to finally have a reality show

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• i feel like they want to make them exclusive

give less content so the fans are hungry for more

so when they upload something fans will give everything to support them and cheer them

and keep this still "new" impression because if you don't know them completely when they'll do something it'll feel new

ah... it's almost like a YG stragetedgy.... SM gives more content with aespa though so like... more like YG lite™.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• ah... it's almost like a YG stragetedgy.... SM gives more content with aespa though so like... more like YG lite™.

i thought SM would be smart and give recurrent content to Aespa like they did with NCT, after they saw that doing this with NCT made them really popular and reach 1M sales more easily because the fandom was more invested in them

but i guess i had to much hopes in SM doing the most basic job for an entertainement company

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I will never believe until I see it

exhibit A,

FFz0u-XVkAAUpW3?format=jpg&name=large

lying on broaad daylight :pepecry:

if I catch SM' :pepe-cut:

I just want SMCU ep 2 I'm tired of waiting I hope it will be a New Years gift :pleading: they said the script was already written so it shouldn't take so long :huuh:

• i thought SM would be smart and give recurrent content to Aespa like they did with NCT, after they saw that doing this with NCT made them really popular and reach 1M sales more easily because the fandom was more invested in them

but i guess i had to much hopes in SM doing the most basic job for an entertainement company

Yeahhh and the fact that one of the contents we got (the mama performance) was so lackluster was really the icing on the cake...

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• so only little improvements..

to build a strong fandom, they need more contents.

did SM bgs got the same treatments or this is strict treatment only exclusive for their ggs?

• Yeahhh and the fact that one of the contents we got (the mama performance) was so lackluster was really the icing on the cake...

well to be honest i don't care about performance

but SM need to understand if they want aespa sale to increase, their stream too

they need to upload reccurent content through the year, like the SYNK video there's nothing special about it just winter playing with a dog or karina playing with lipstick but just this is enough

we don't need content only for big event like NY etc... a simple thing like girls going out for shopping will make fan happy and in contrary this type of content makes fan more happy than the other one

• well to be honest i don't care about performance

but SM need to understand if they want aespa sale to increase, their stream too

they need to upload reccurent content through the year, like the SYNK video there's nothing special about it just winter playing with a dog or karina playing with lipstick but just this is enough

we don't need content only for big event like NY etc... a simple thing like girls going out for shopping will make fan happy and in contrary this type of content makes fan more happy than the other one

That's fair, but I do think some good performance quality (especially for events like MAMA) are important as other fans and the some of the public look forward to them. I'd like them to put good content throughout the year and provide some good quality performances ideally.

• I can only speak on EXO, because they are my only faves in SM. I feel like during 2012-2018, It had ups and downs related to the promotion and management tactics. But the ups during the rookie years probably weren't totally what people would expect nowdays related to drop content, because with the K-pop internationalization's growth, the demand to create enough content to reach these fans increased. After their 1 year and 2 months of hiatus (also Wolf) and Growl hit big, they were everywhere in Korea (and even China), they went to multiple broadcast shows. They had their first reality show etc.

During 2014 it lays down, mostly because the lose of member (and Luhan in the end of the year), also the amount of bad situations SM went through during this year. In 2015 It was good, It was almost like 2013 all over again, they were everywhere, even with the lose of Tao, I feel like It wasnt as bad as 2014.

In 2016-2017, they were still kinda promoted, but not as much as before. I think It was on 2016 they passed from a group SM invested in the growth, to be their cash cow only. They had multiple releases back to back in 2016 (both as a group, solo and unit), but they had barely to non existent promotion. In December, for example, they released both 'For Life' (winter album) and 'Coming Over' (japanese single) and none of them were promoted. It was when the stock problems started to be frequent too.

2018 I had mixed feelings, sometimes my hopes increased, because the olympics stage, Power on Dubai, I was satisfied with cbx comeback, they gained tons of individual gigs and their japanese comeback was the less worst treatment they had there. But in the second half the year it went completely downhill until we came to the situation we are now.

To be honest with you, they were never a group who is releasing content to fans 24/7. Not even stuff they have more control over like vlives, yt channel, instagram. But I never complained, because I think most of the members are just too reserved and maybe they don't feel confortable to do all the time. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were active tho. I'm summing up, but it's still big.

And EXO's management is my villain origin story

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• so only little improvements..

to build a strong fandom, they need more contents.

did SM bgs got the same treatments or this is strict treatment only exclusive for their ggs?

Exo never got type of content either, they film one reality show in their heyday and that was it

NCT is more of a odd one that a standar for sm. My theory is since they didn't have hits tv shows wasnt gonna invite them so sm had to make for it thru material made by themselves and that stick until now bc NCT don't go to variety at all, not even weekly idol

• Exo never got type of content either, they film one reality show in their heyday and that was it

NCT is more of a odd one that a standar for sm. My theory since they didn't have hits tv worn invite them so sm had to make for it thru material made by themselves and that stick until now bc now NCT don't go to variety at all, not even weekly idol

did exo filmed their reality show during their rookie year or year after that?

I mean, not only lack of contents but Sm literally restricted them in other areas to the point I believe it's SM who making aespa lipsynch all the time not their own choice.

Nct goes to weekly idol several times , maybe you mean Knowing Bro

• did exo filmed their reality show during their rookie year or year after that?

I mean, not only lack of contents but Sm literally restricted them in other areas to the point I believe it's SM who making aespa lipsynch all the time not their own choice.

Nct goes to weekly idol several times , maybe you mean Knowing Bro

The year growl come out, they didn't do mayor any type of videos in their first year

I mean it mainly for 2021, they used to send them for the main album and repackage but this year dream went just one and 127 did SNL Korea instead of it. Overall no NCT unit has ever been to kn or those singing shows sm normally send their groups (bc u know they can actually sing)

• Red velvet were mostly the same, very little online presence but in turn they had lot of offline activists like tv and radio which helped fans see them more often. These days with lack of idol screen time on tv and covid there isn’t much opportunity for Aespa to appear so all that’s left is their highly controlled online content to milk fans. It’s a common business strategy. Fx and SNSD were before the digital era therefore had a lot of tv focused content especially SNSD (they had their own tv show at debut).

• simple, no free content.

they want to keep them as much exc as they can

External Content www.youtube.com

• i feel like they want to make them exclusive

give less content so the fans are hungry for more

so when they upload something fans will give everything to support them and cheer them

and keep this still "new" impression because if you don't know them completely when they'll do something it'll feel new

blackpink ideology basically

• The year growl come out, they didn't do mayor any type of videos in their first year

I mean it mainly for 2021, they used to send them for the main album and repackage but this year dream went just one and 127 did SNL Korea instead of it. Overall no NCT unit has ever been to kn or those singing shows sm normally send their groups (bc u know they can actually sing)

so in their rookie year they already got reality show. aespa can't relate even thought they have the same trajectory. Idk what's stopping SM

Aespa also never going to singing show Sm normally send like immortal songs, masked singer ,yhy sketchbook, etc.

• Maybe SM used up their youtube money to for the aes and naevis lmao

only Naevis is looking great

the rest are uhm.. :pepecry:

where are the money?

maybe for LSM paper company :pepe-notes:

• only Naevis is looking great

the rest are uhm.. :pepecry:

where are the money?

maybe for LSM paper company :pepe-notes:

They spent too much money for their kwangya concept (+ LSM) that they can't afford to make free youtube contents lmao

• Yeah, exo had lots of music content and performances but they didn't have that many variety appearances. Which is unfortunate because they are actually funny and entertaining.

• I will never believe until I see it

exhibit A,

FFz0u-XVkAAUpW3?format=jpg&name=large

lying on broaad daylight :pepecry:

if I catch SM' :pepe-cut:

i trusted this and we only have like 16 days of 2021 left </3

STILL EXPECTING SOMETHING SM DON'T DISAPPOINT

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!