Did Melon rig the MMA again?

• Disclaimer: this isn't an attack on BTS, but on Melon.

--------------------------------------------

Score for Best Collaboration is 70% digitals + 30% judges.

Tracking period is until November 7.

Streams:

- Nakka: 52.8M -> 70 pts

- My Universe: 30.2M -> 40pts

difference: 30 pts (out of 30 judge pts)

Cumulative ULs

- Nakka: 31.6M -> 70 pts

- My Universe: 12.3M -> 27.3 pts

difference: 42.6 pts (out of 30 judge pts)

Winner: My Universe

--------------------------------------------

It won't be the first time IU loses an award to the "Melon internal data", so I'm not surprised.

Edited 5 times, last by omnimorphism: Disclaimer ().

• How do you call something rigged when you don't even know the formula for calculation of digital points?

Sigh, like clockwork Kpoppies find a reason to cry over BTS for every lame award that they win too.

• I think you should let it go. Granted, we don't know what the actually data they have used but it's the most fair and accurate out of most award shows.

See this chart below. Akmu won the bonsang, but the data doesn't agrees. It's the only oddball bases on the data. Maybe MMA want to award AKMU with the top 10 and take away this award. Just my guess.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Like what was already said, how can you back up with data you don't actually have? You can think they deserved more, but the data is off bc only melon has it

• Valid point.

They are obviously trying to spread the awards and in the process AKMU got screwed.

Already fan voting and Judges are subjective criteria. But this proves that even in digital data they can manipulate.

So no part of the criteria is transparent.

• How do you call something rigged when you don't even know the formula for calculation of digital points?

Sigh, like clockwork Kpoppies find a reason to cry over BTS for every lame award that they win too.

That's the easiest way to rig it. Just use a formula nobody knows so nobody can complain even when the output is inconsistent with their public data. I can't say for sure it was rigged, but you also can't say for sure it wasn't. The only thing I can say is that the result is inconsistent with the data they publicize.

• That's the easiest way to rig it. Just use a formula nobody knows so nobody can complain even when the output is inconsistent with their public data. I can't say for sure it was rigged, but you also can't say for sure it wasn't. The only thing I can say is that the result is inconsistent with the data they publicize.

When you can't say for sure that it is rigged why say it all and just prove you are bitter?

Since no one knows how digital points are calculated, heck even the judges scores are not revealed, every single award handed out can be called rigged by your logic.

• Nah, see my post. AKMU did not get screw. I don't think they manipulated the data. Most prediction based on data came true.

• Nah, see my post. AKMU did not get screw. I don't think they manipulated the data. Most prediction based on data came true.

Giving one award (lesser) instead of another greater award, is hardly compensation.

But anyway, it is what it is.

• When you can't say for sure that it is rigged why say it all and just prove you are bitter?

Since no one knows how digital points are calculated, heck even the judges scores are not revealed, every single award handed out can be called rigged by your logic.

You replied before me lol....

These IU fans on this forum are so shady towards BTS all the time and act like they're innocent. IU fans on this forum have started acting alot shady nowadays and since ARMYs don't retaliate that much to them, they're getting brave with their shades.

The same kid was questioning last year's 'Dynamite' win saying it was because of voting. Imagine coming for 'Dynamite' of all songs :cryingr:

• When you can't say for sure that it is rigged why say it all and just prove you are bitter?

You replied before me lol....

These IU fans on this forum are so shady towards BTS all the time and act like they're innocent. IU fans on this forum have started acting alot shady nowadays and since ARMYs don't retaliate that much to them, they're getting brave with their shades.

The same kid was questioning last year's 'Dynamite' win saying it was because of voting. Imagine coming for 'Dynamite' of all songs :cryingr:

If it was the other way around you would be also making threads. The result is clearly inconsistent with the public data from Melon. You guys just don't want to admit it because it was BTS that won.

• No, awards are rigged when the result is inconsistent with their criteria.

A criteria that you have zero knowledge about since its measurement is unknown to you, hence determining its consistency is impossible.

Am I speaking to a brick wall here or do you realise how your contention is based on nothing but assumptions?

• If it was the other way around you would be also making threads. The result is clearly inconsistent with the public data from Melon. You guys just don't want to admit it because it was BTS that won.

You don't see Armys making threads here about how BTS deserved Artist of the Year or were robbed etc..bro deal with it.

Your fave won 2 daesangs, can't believe you are crying about this stupid award.

IU stans really be showing their bitterness towards BTS well and good today, here and on twitter what with the bemoaning over Butter winning SoTY going on in twitter too.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• I wonder if some people her are even serious cuz if it was other way around last year they would be the one making threads how their "faves" got robbed.

AKMU won bonsang even though they were 15th according to numbers.

Making speculations about how someone would react is dumb.

No one threw fists when 'Blueming' won at GDA this year when everyone knows 'Dynamite' is like the biggest song since 2019. So this logic doesn't work even though you want it to work.

• A criteria that you have zero knowledge about since its measurement is unknown to you, hence determining its consistency is impossible.

Am I speaking to a brick wall here or do you realise how your contention is based on nothing but assumptions?

So just call it fair a digital formula that doesn't give the win to a song that had 1.75 times the number of streams and 2.56 times the number of cumulative daily listeners, when that formula accounts for 70% of the score.

• So just call it fair a digital formula that doesn't give the win to a song that had 1.75 times the number of streams and 2.56 times the number of cumulative daily listeners, when that formula accounts for 70% of the score.

You just said yourself it could have been based on downloads too, how tf do you know how and what they weighed more?

• If it was the other way around you would be also making threads. The result is clearly inconsistent with the public data from Melon. You guys just don't want to admit it because it was BTS that won.

According to your logic, BTS deserved to win Artist of the year yesterday but didn't win. So are we making threads about that? Tell me the last time ARMYs vented over Korean award shows. We aren't like you kids saying "rigged" for anything.

• According to your logic, BTS deserved to win Artist of the year yesterday but didn't win. So are we making threads about that? Tell me the last time ARMYs vented over Korean award shows. We aren't like you kids saying "rigged" for anything.

No, they had comparable scores adding voting and digitals. The same thing for Celebrity and Butter. That's why I'm not here complaining about Butter wining SOTY, because that's consistent with the data.

• AKMU won bonsang even though they were 15th according to numbers.

Making speculations about how someone would react is dumb.

No one threw fists when 'Blueming' won at GDA this year when everyone knows 'Dynamite' is like the biggest song since 2019. So this logic doesn't work even though you want it to work.

Tell me about it, not one post against Bleuming and that was a daesang. So they can shove the whole case would be different if your faves did not win..blah blah.

Heck Armys been zipped up even this year about the awards going to others.

• This thread contains 802 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!