Why does The Boyz have more Korean fans than Stray Kids?

• The Boyz songs always do better than Stray Kids song digitally, showing they have a stronger Korean fandom. But Stray Kids is from the Big 3, The Boyz music is no more public friendly than Skz songs (The Stealer is not public friendly), Skz also has visuals like Felix, Hyunjin or Lee Know compared to The Boyz’s Juyeon and others. The Boyz didn’t have a viral song or anything either, while Skz’s God Menu was pretty big. And you can say it’s because Skz debuts one year later than The Boyz but Txt debuts one year later than Stray Kids and is also doing better digitally in Korea. Not to drag Stray Kids because they have great international success, just want to know why.

• I guess people just like their music more.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Yseki ().

• The Boyz music isn’t noisy. No offence to Stray Kids or anything I like their songs lol but yeah. Also, The Boyz company does a good well of pushing few of the members in acting and other things to get their name out there compared to JYP. Plus The Boyz was media-played as an all visual group so that really helped them too. It’s like how twice is referred to a flower garden by k-netz.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• How are we supposed to know? lol. They have more fans because Koreans like them more. I guess their music resonates better with people there. The Boyz is also one of the most visual pleasing bgs so that might have played a role too.

• The Boyz music isn’t noisy. No offence to Stray Kids or anything I like their songs lol but yeah. Also, The Boyz company does a good well of pushing few of the members in acting and other things to get their name out there compared to JYP. Plus The Boyz was media-played as an all visual group so that really helped them too. It’s like how twice is referred to a flower garden by k-netz.

But was Skz also known as all-visual among fans? I see Hyunjin and Felix getting the praises right

• The Boyz music is definitely more publicly friendly. It sounds heavy, but it lacks the elements that make people call Stray Kids' music "noisy." SKZ always adds in extra things, like the traditional Korean instruments in Thunderous. Personally, I think it makes their music more interesting to listen to, but it is a more complex sound that the general public doesn't always respond well to. Top 40 is called "bubblegum pop" for a reason.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• The biggest early reason is that Haknyeon was in Produce 101 S2 and made it into the top 20 plus the boyz were strongly marketed as a visual group which was very appealing to korean fans

Also they may be from the Big 3 but JYP bgs are not known for their digitals after it peaked with 2pm in 2012, got7 never had a hit for example. They have grown a lot in a short time and arent that far off from tbz for this year overall

Edited once, last by kiwijoon ().

• The Boyz songs always do better than Stray Kids song digitally, showing they have a stronger Korean fandom. But Stray Kids is from the Big 3, The Boyz music is no more public friendly than Skz songs (The Stealer is not public friendly), Skz also has visuals like Felix, Hyunjin or Lee Know compared to The Boyz’s Juyeon and others. The Boyz didn’t have a viral song or anything either, while Skz’s God Menu was pretty big. And you can say it’s because Skz debuts one year later than The Boyz but Txt debuts one year later than Stray Kids and is also doing better digitally in Korea. Not to drag Stray Kids because they have great international success, just want to know why.

They just had an extremely gp-friendly cb tho?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• The biggest early reason is that Haknyeon was in Produce 101 S2 and made it into the top 20 plus the boyz were strongly marketed as a visual group which was very appealing to korean fans

But Skz has Big 3 privelege, maybe even arguably bigger privelege than having Produce groups. And Skz fans consider Skz a visual group too?

• They just had an extremely gp-friendly cb tho?

External Content youtu.be

this is an earlier comeback. Maverick is their latest

• this is an earlier comeback. Maverick is their latest

Yup, but the OP was saying the music wasn't public friendly and although it's not their most recent comeback, this was only from a few months ago not a few years or anything (so they seem to go back and forth on style, I think? I'm not an expert on them by any means.).

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Yup, but the OP was saying the music wasn't public friendly and although it's not their most recent comeback, this was only from a few months ago not a few years or anything (so they seem to go back and forth on style, I think? I'm not an expert on them by any means.).

I wouldn't say go back in forth they more like just do whatever they want. They're music can be poppy if that's what they wanna make but most of their songs (especially most recently) are Electronic and dance based. I think pop stans see a boy group that doesn't do a dark concept 100% of the time and think they only do pop when a lot of their bsides aren't pop. Nothing wrong with pop at all but as a The Boyz stan people just jump to conclusions about a group based on one comeback they watched once.

• I wouldn't say go back in forth they more like just do whatever they want. They're music can be poppy if that's what they wanna make but most of their songs (especially most recently) are Electronic and dance based. I think pop stans see a boy group that doesn't do a dark concept 100% of the time and think they only do pop when a lot of their bsides aren't pop. Nothing wrong with pop at all but as a The Boyz stan people just jump to conclusions about a group based on one comeback they watched once.

I've only been learning about them more this year. I asked some questions and keaji and litc kindly introduced me to lots of songs and I learned there was more to them than I thought. I've probably been paying more attention this year. LOL

• Most of their stuff (DDD, No Air, Giddy Up, Right Here, Boy, Thrill Ride, Bloom Bloom) is very public friendly. The Stealer is a good mix of powerful and funky. Really only Reveal and Maverick are dark concept fodder.

Also Road to Kingdom gained them a ton of korean fans. They went from a little over 100k in sales to over 300k for Chase, then Kingdom blew them up more to now over 600k for their releases this year.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• But Skz has Big 3 privelege, maybe even arguably bigger privelege than having Produce groups. And Skz fans consider Skz a visual group too?

Lol I'm a stay that thinks skz are an attractive group but they dont fit korean conventional standards and knetz dont see them as one compared to the boyz, whats the big deal anyway? Skz went from having no index for 3 1/2 years to being in the top 3 for 4th gen bgs for the year, don't worry about their korean fanbase its growing fine

• But Skz has Big 3 privelege, maybe even arguably bigger privelege than having Produce groups. And Skz fans consider Skz a visual group too?

All "Big 3 privilege" means is that they aren't as dependent on being a smash hit from the beginning and having more money for promotions and touring. It does not guarantee a group a fanbase.

• Their music seems more poppy and GP-friendly. I watched the first couple episodes of Kingdom with my mom and she didn't seem to be into SKZ's music as much as The Boyz 115526-hyunjin-sip-gif

Ohh I remember you saying that, so cute!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!