why do sm idols lipsync most of their career?

• because they are in alot of stress and sometime if you have alot of stress your voice does not come out even if you tried sing live

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• Let me fix it for you: "Why do K-pop idols lipsync most of their career?". The answer will be there.

that's actually not true, not all of kpop lipsync most of their career , i know my faves don't. my question is when sm idols are known to be the most capable vocally and with proof, why are they lipsyncing all the time when they don't need it

• that's actually not true, not all of kpop lipsync most of their career , i know my faves don't. my question is when sm idols are known to be the most capable vocally and with proof, why are they lipsyncing all the time when they don't need it

I think my answer makes the most sense for your question

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• Official Post

SNSD can't relate

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Let me fix it for you: "Why do K-pop idols lipsync most of their career?". The answer will be there.

End of thread.

I don't think all SM idols lipsync but I've noticed that the 4th generation doesn't sing live because they prioritise performance >>> vocals.

There are also different types of "live singing." Lipsyncing is different to prerecorded vocals.

• Official Post

I mean sometimes idols can have a sore throat or something, you can't expect all idols to sing live all the all the time.

Also if a choreo is physically demanding, it might be more convenient to lipsync. We all saw how the entire KPOP community came together to bash Momo's vocals once she had that slip-up, it's better to prevent things like that happening for the well-being of idols, their health/mental health and their image.

This applies to every idol btw, not just SM idols.

• Don't care about other SM groups especially newer groups but SNSD had plenty live stages that they were even dragged for one or two occasions of voice cracking.

• In general the industry has changed, idols strive for perfection and don’t want to be critiqued for their singing. Which is why a lot of idols lip synch. Plus now with 4th gen the main focus of dancing (which in my opinion is not even good) I wish we heard more live vocals coming from Kpop more often. Everything seems so fake and edited.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• They do

They don't do it all thr time but when they do they do it well

Much better than a lot of live singing kpop groups who depend so much on backtrack

yeah but using your voice rarely in your career and just having a few live performances where u nail is not that great in my book

we know they are the best vocalists out of all companies but they sing live the least

one would expect the opposite

• r u okay? my thread literally has " why sm groups sing live the least when they have the best vocals" i'm literally just asking a genuine question relax

I'm fine sweetheart, and they dont lip-sync more than any other kpop group so stop trying it please :*

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• It has already been proven in all those other threads that

1) SM groups don't lipsync any more than most other groups, and in some cases even sing more live than most other groups

2) even when there was hard evidence of their live vocal performances and how strong and solid their vocals are, antis and other-group stans still structurally ignored all of it and bashed and mocked SM groups (SNSD, Super Junior etc) for their vocals and focused on lipsyncing moments. That already said enough about their intention

3) other-group stans have been shown over and over again how massively they underestimated the amount of times their own biases lipsynced, when shown performances of their groups that weren't live at all, but lipsynced.

So, the better question is: why are SM groups constantly attacked and shaded for the times they lipsync and their live vocal performances ignored, when most other groups (of the top kpop companies as well) lipsync as much and often more?

Feels like OP is nothing but a troll or anti, the same type of anti that has been ignoring SM groups' live vocal performances the past decade and more.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• Apparently if sm artist lipsync it's problematic but when others lipsync it's fine. Got it :sketchyk:

It goes even further:

- apparently if sm artist lipsync it's problematic but when others lipsync, SM antis and those groups' stans are convinced that it wasn't lipsynced at all and claim that all their bias' performances are live :danceb:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Apparently if sm artist lipsync it's problematic but when others lipsync it's fine. Got it :sketchyk:

It goes even further:

- apparently if sm artist lipsync it's problematic but when others lipsync, SM antis and those groups' stans are convinced that it wasn't lipsynced at all and claim that all their bias' performances are live :danceb:

i get u sm stans want to defend the company so bad , but i literally like most sm idols and i know even my faves lipsync 20 percent of the time so it's not like my problem is lipsyncing. in fact well , i don't have a problem at all. just want to know why sm idols and i have noticed this lipsync the most, even at concerts , u can't hear a single breath?? and many parts at their concerts they are lipsyncing their vocal lives are like 40 percent of their career if im' being MORE than fair.

my question is for sm who has the best vocals out of the big3 why are they the ones that sing live the LEAST? some argued in this thread that they want to preserve their voices , well so do other companies and idols but they still do it. why are they capable and proven to have the skills but still don't do it as often? No matter which angle u look at it it is certainly weird.

Edited once, last by whatev ().

• which idols are you talking about? shinee don't lipsync. be specific instead of targeting sm idols as a whole. they're not a monolith just because they're under the same company. these are groups that span multiple generations and have different vocal ability. the answer is going to be different for every group. i haven't really noticed this company-wide trend you speak of anyways.

• A user here commented before that sm’s songs always have that rising crescendo high note thing that’s usually done by their main vocalist(s), sometimes they have two or more high notes. If that’s the case, I don’t think it’s healthy for them to overdo it by constantly singing and dancing live.

If I’m not wrong, sm reserves live vocals for special performances (unplugged sessions, guestings on certain shows) and paid concerts.

Anyway I’ve always thought that it made sense that a company who cares the most about vocals would also be more careful with what they feel would be their vocalists’ most important asset, their voices/vocal chords.

Because it would ensure that they would have a longer career, I think it’s more humane. (Not that I think that sm is a humane company though lol they probably just want to be able to continue using their idols for a long time).

• More like why Kpop idols lip-sync most of their career and their fans are in denial, except for SM stans who accept their favs can lip-sync sometimes?

Just show me the performance of the SM idols you think is lip-synched and I will show you the equivalent of it by your favs. Fair enough? And don’t suddenly stan Sohyang/Ailee or groups like Mamamo to win your argument lol (funny how fans of these artists m never shit on SM idols like some idol groups stans do because they’re not insecure).

Also aside from that,

Playing a backtrack which is loud enough to be used alone is not justifiable because you turn on the mic to breathe into it. That’s not live singing. Real live singing with no backtrack is so rare among all idols and SM artists are one of the few that can pull it off when they do it.

An example of live singing with no backtrack by SM artists:

when fans requested Taeyeon to sing Speechless. This is not only with no backtrack but with no processed or polished vocals which is more rare because every concert cd or tv show stage is even if live with no bt.

External Content youtu.be

1-It’s a fancam so no video editing is there (every stage post-COVID-19 is edited and pre-recorded. Hence can’t be live).

2-It was a sudden random cover even she forgot the lyrics at one point so no voice editing happened either.

Another example of no backtrack (I am just basically picking from my yt watch history lol. But will update more)

This legendary Taeyeon moment with no backtrack

lt64IYu.gif

• i get u sm stans want to defend the company so bad , but i literally like most sm idols and i know even my faves lipsync 20 percent of the time so it's not like my problem is lipsyncing. in fact well , i don't have a problem at all. just want to know why sm idols and i have noticed this lipsync the most, even at concerts , u can't hear a single breath?? and many parts at their concerts they are lipsyncing their vocal lives are like 40 percent of their career if im' being MORE than fair.

my question is for sm who has the best vocals out of the big3 why are they the ones that sing live the LEAST? some argued in this thread that they want to preserve their voices , well so do other companies and idols but they still do it. why are they capable and proven to have the skills but still don't do it as often? No matter which angle u look at it it is certainly weird.

As you might've seen in this thread and sortlike threads - and as Chounim among others showed - most K-pop fans have a gross overestimation or extreme bias of how much their own bias groups actually sing live, in fact the ones shading SM groups the most proved themselves to be false in knowing when their own biases were actually lipsyncing.

It's also easy to pose fake news arguments that SM artists lipsync the most, when antis and other-group stans categorically ignore any and all examples of all the times SM artists sang live. Check the thread where examples are provided that Aespa sang live: not one of the closet antis and other-group (and other-company) stans that were so eager to continuously bash and shade SM groups and their live singing in all those other threads, pop up there.

So first, let's skip all pretense that SM groups are allegedly singing less live, when it's already clear that other-group stans structurally underestimate and mistake their own bias' lipsyncing for live singing, and that when evidence is provided of SM groups' live singing it gets ignored anyway.

Anyway, let's close on a positive note. Here's Psycho, sung live, sounding just as impressive as its studio recording :wink:

SWJ1P.gif

• This thread contains 46 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!