Twice The feels is the biggest gg song in 2021?

• Definitely

The feels is the biggest song internationally

But there is barely any difference between mafia and af internationally like the gap on YouTube is 10M views and af still hasn’t surpassed mafia in Spotify

Alcohol Free did better in Korea by a not insignificant amount and on Spotify/YouTube Mafia has very small leads in spite of having around 2 months extra tracking.

Alcohol Free is also pulling near 100k more daily views and again overtook a 2 month lead by more than 10 million views.

AF hit 50m on Spotify in 55 days to Mafias 62 and is currently pulling more daily streams.

it also is doing better in Japan. AF is also still like 77 in Gaon while I'm pretty sure Mafia is out of the top 200.

Alcohol Free, as I said, did better in both Korea and internationally than Mafia and the numbers support this.

• Absolutely. People always tend to forgot Japan is international and The Feels is the biggest hit there by far, actually only hit. Add in it’s Apple Music charting, Spotify performance(almost 40 days and still in top 100, first for a TWICE track and the only GG track to do so this year) and YT longevity, it is easily the biggest hit by a GG this year. Also had the biggest debut on Spotify.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• HELLO?

NO

is this

External Content www.youtube.com

• Sure if International metrics are weighted more than korean ones. Which means Blackpink had the best performing gg song since their debut in 2016 and Boombayah > Cheer Up in hit size since it did much btr internationally? Even though cheer up was a record breaking song in korea just like Next Level is?

It just depends on how you view 'biggest'

• OP said "In 2021" and not "Released in 2021" so I'm just gonna annoy people by saying How You Like That

"Asked them how you like it and it's lookin' like they hate that"

• Kpop spotify generally is really niche where most songs are not in the Top 10 or popular in most countries.

Take this as an example, The feels stream is around 1.2 mil per day on spotify. Savage is pulling 700k stream on Melon alone. Melon is around maybe 35 percent market share now. So, Savage average can net around 2 mil stream per day where it's the top 2 song in korea. It is also average around 600k in spotify. I take Savage as an example because it is the most recent data I can gather, but Next Level is even bigger than Savage.

You see where I am going with this?

• Kpop spotify generally is really niche where most songs are not in the Top 10 or popular in most countries.

Take this as an example, The feels stream is around 1.2 mil per day on spotify. Savage is pulling 700k stream on Melon alone. Melon is around maybe 35 percent market share now. So, Savage average can net around 2 mil stream per day where it's the top 2 song in korea. It is also average around 600k in spotify. I take Savage as an example because it is the most recent data I can gather, but Next Level is even bigger than Savage.

You see where I am going with this?

Melon streams are not filtered tho, one person can just loop in for 24hr and it will count the streams.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• It was supposed to do well internationally so I feel that it wouldn't be fair to compare The Feels to other K-gg releases of 2021.

Next Level, Mafia, Alcohol Free, and others all did better domestically but since The Feels wasn't promoted in Korea at all, it's not a fair contender.

The Feels had its goal of doing well in Japan and internationally and it did. And that's the tea...

The Feels goal was never to do well in Japan, hence why it's not available to purchase in that country at all.

It's Japan success is a surprise.

• Sure if International metrics are weighted more than korean ones. Which means Blackpink had the best performing gg song since their debut in 2016 and Boombayah > Cheer Up in hit size since it did much btr internationally? Even though cheer up was a record breaking song in korea just like Next Level is?

Ended the thread

Besides charting inside the bubbling under Boombayahs actual international success in the year of 2016 wasnt out of the ordinary. In some areas other songs did as well or better.

In fact Cheer Up and TT both ended that year with more views and charted a lot better in Japan.

Cheer Up washed it in Korea completely. Sure it has has a level of sustained success withing a large international fandom over the last 5 years, as Blink grew the songs retained interest and plays in a way Cheer Up did not for many reasons.

But make no mistake, in no way was Boombayah a bigger hit domestically or overall than Cheer Up that year.

The same can't be said for The Feels vs Next Level as TF is doing much better than NL in every single area sans Korean charts. It charted in like 6 of the top 10 biggest music markets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!