craziest scandals which idols have successfully survived

• IU surviving her Eunhyuk dating scandal, the whole Lolita thing and the plagiarism accusations to become literally one of the most respected people in South Korea and top charts every single comeback will never not be insane to me

Not kpop but Yoon Mirae surviving her entire group being arrested for drug changes, being under official suspicion of drug abuse herself, and went into hiding during Tashannie PROMOTIONS and is still the nation's sweetheart (not really but hiphop's sweetheart)

Uptown were proven innocent much later.

Also S#arp bullying problem.

• IU surviving her Eunhyuk dating scandal, the whole Lolita thing and the plagiarism accusations to become literally one of the most respected people in South Korea and top charts every single comeback will never not be insane to me

her reputation is solid in korea at this point. i remember seeing her old posts with her using swear words resurfaced and it was getting praised by netizens for being down to earth whilst other idols would and have been crucified lmao

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lordโ€™s prayer:

Nรฆvis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Letโ€™s meet surely after the resurrection.

ร†men

:pepe-pray:

• Tiffany filter gate. Tons of lies spread by media and literal rape and death threats. Honestly with that level of extreme abuse and vitriol things could've been so much worse than just ending her career...

Thankfully she survived the storm and is thriving once again.

• Tiffany filter gate. Tons of lies spread by media and literal rape and death threats. Honestly with that level of extreme abuse and vitriol things could've been so much worse than just ending her career...

Thankfully she survived the storm and is thriving once again.

that scandal was how i learned that korean variety shows can completely edit out someone from their show even though they are a part of the main cast :peperain:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lordโ€™s prayer:

Nรฆvis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Letโ€™s meet surely after the resurrection.

ร†men

:pepe-pray:

• that scandal was how i learned that korean variety shows can completely edit out someone from their show even though they are a part of the main cast :peperain:

Yeah that crazy the length they went to edit her out of remaining eps. I don't I've ever seen that happen, the most I've seen in other programmes is not airing the rest of the episodes and then continuing without the person in question or in a drama killing them off in some form (like in the Expanse a cast member was sexually harassing staff so his character was killed off in a pretty quick and dirty manner which felt really flat but obviously they didn't get him back for a heroic death or whatever).

• bigbang survived their career for a long time despite all the crazy scandals until seungri's burning sun scandal happened.

๐๐“๐’ โ™ก ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ค โ™ก ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• her reputation is solid in korea at this point. i remember seeing her old posts with her using swear words resurfaced and it was getting praised by netizens for being down to earth whilst other idols would and have been crucified lmao

Itโ€™s crazy, I canโ€™t imagine any other idol recovering from scandals of that level the way she has, sheโ€™s truly the nationโ€™s little sister

• Jessica after the 930 thing. Will always be proud of her from dragging herself over all those walls

Whatever that drama was that Yeseul went through this summer.

Lee Hyori plagiarism

Not a damn thing could hold Big Bang accountable for the stuff they did, including homicide, until Seungri

• bigbang survived their career for a long time despite all the crazy scandals until seungri's burning sun scandal happened.

Iโ€™m curious to see if they ever have an OT4 comeback how that would be received by the public and whether it would reach the same heights as their other music, just cause it seems like they have such a dedicated fanbase and theyโ€™ve already been forgiven for so much. But also canโ€™t imagine Koreans forgiving anyone even remotely linked to the Burning Sun (and rightly so)

And what happened? Nothing... They are on hiatus now. BB only release an album once every 5 years. Once they drop their album all these hypocrite knetzs will be rushing to kiss their asses again.

• Iโ€™m curious to see if they ever have an OT4 comeback how that would be received by the public and whether it would reach the same heights as their other music, just cause it seems like they have such a dedicated fanbase and theyโ€™ve already been forgiven for so much. But also canโ€™t imagine Koreans forgiving anyone even remotely linked to the Burning Sun (and rightly so)

I think if they make a cb the public wonโ€™t give a shit about all their criminal activities. GD popularity alone will be enough to make them forget about burning sun.

• Iโ€™m curious to see if they ever have an OT4 comeback how that would be received by the public and whether it would reach the same heights as their other music, just cause it seems like they have such a dedicated fanbase and theyโ€™ve already been forgiven for so much. But also canโ€™t imagine Koreans forgiving anyone even remotely linked to the Burning Sun (and rightly so)

Seems more like a wishful thinking when there are literal rapists who are still appearing on TV

• And what happened? Nothing... They are on hiatus now. BB only release an album once every 5 years. Once they drop their album all these hypocrite knetzs will be rushing to kiss their asses again.

Sad but probably true, I find it funny how they literally destroy the careers of idols who had arguments with people when they were like 12 and let criminals off just like that

I think GD & Taeyang will be fine. Don't know about TOP & Daesung though

๐๐“๐’ โ™ก ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ค โ™ก ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Sad but probably true, I find it funny how they literally destroy the careers of idols who had arguments with people when they were like 12 and let criminals off just like that

Who are the criminals, Big Bang? Seungri is no longer part of the group, so who exactly are you calling criminals? You just sound like an insufferable idiot.

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• Who are the criminals, Big Bang? Seungri is no longer part of the group, so who exactly are you calling criminals? You just like an insufferable idiot.

Whoa thatโ€™s kind of harsh, I was just making a general statement and also donโ€™t support Seungri in anyway, but also TOP got a suspended jail sentence for 10 months for using drugs, which is a criminal offence in South Korea last time I checked.

Edited once, last by sashay ().

• Whoa thatโ€™s kind of harsh, I was just making a general statement and also donโ€™t support Seungri in anyway, but also TOP got a jail sentence for 10 months for using drugs, which is a criminal offence in South Korea last time I checked.

Stop reaching ok. Just because Korea have shit laws regarding smoking Marijuana that doesn't mean T.O.P deserve hate and be cancelled. Like wtf is wrong with you... rihanna-what.gif

• Stop reaching ok. Just because Korea have shit laws regarding smoking Marijuana that doesn't mean T.O.P deserve hate and be cancelled. Like wtf is wrong with you... rihanna-what.gif

this is being taken way out of context, in no way was I trying to say that TOP deserves to be hated and cancelled and itโ€™s not even my place to say what Korea has as laws, I was only trying to point out the double standards for smaller childish things vs actual crimes under the law (whether those laws are right or wrong) and TOP was the first idol that came to mind. This whole thing is completely missing the point of the thread;(

• this is being taken way out of context, in no way was I trying to say that TOP deserves to be hated and cancelled and itโ€™s not even my place to say what Korea has as laws, I was only trying to point out the double standards for smaller childish things vs actual crimes under the law (whether those laws are right or wrong) and TOP was the first idol that came to mind. This whole thing is completely missing the point of the thread;(

You are a hypocrite. You Are the One Who said this Not me.

"I find it funny how they literally destroy the careers of idols who had arguments with people when they were like 12 and let criminals off just like that"

The fact you are thinking smoking weed is worse than bullying who can make people go as far as committing suicide... you just proved you are dumb.

Go ahead and embarrass yourself more

Daesung killed someone and ran a hooker hotel but whatever

I love it, when you say something and then run away by typing "but whatever".. because you know you are being moronic.

that guy was already hit by another car laying in the middle of the street, it was an accident and Daesung was completely innocent. he didn't pass the speed limit and they found no alcohol in his system. Daesung didn't kill anyone, that man is the one responsible getting himself killed by drinking and riding a cycle in the middle of the road.

it was the workers there who were running the prostitution services behind Daesung back. they were investigated and fired. daesung doesn't run the business himself he was busy promoting in Japan. again police investigated him and he was not guilty.

He is not guilty by the law so SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop embarrassing yourself when you don't know shit.

Edited 5 times, last by haj1ma ().

• I don't really follow these kinds of things

I know that at one point Hongjoong was called out for braids in his hair during Fever Part 1 promotions and it was a big thing but they over came that..

I remember Keeho being canceled over an account he shared with people (at least that's what i think I remember) on Twitter and everyone was against him debuting but now P1Harmony is doing quit well honestly.

• I think it's the "edited 5 times" that's doing it for me lmao

• If I'm not mistaken, the drunk motorcyclist caused an initial accident, but to this day, no one knows if he died on impact or it was Daesung's collision into him after that caused his death. You get what I mean?

There simply wasn't enough evidence to charge Daesung with anything other than driving over the speed limit, which quite frankly, A LOT of people do. They just don't always end up getting caught in someone else's accident.

But remember, not guilty doesn't mean innocent. It just means there isn't enough evidence to convict him of manslaughter beyond reasonable doubt, and to this day, nobody knows and that's okay. We're not God. The only two people who know are the motorcyclist and Daesung, and one of them is gone. And that's why the criminal justice system gave Daesung the benefit of the doubt.

Daesung did NOT overspeed

here is a full thread read it

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Daesung did NOT overspeed

here is a full thread read it

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can we not do this? letโ€™s just accept nobody is actually ever gonna know the precise details and get back to the actual point of the thread

• Can we not do this? letโ€™s just accept nobody is actually ever gonna know the precise details and get back to the actual point of the thread

How about you start by applying this logic to yourself first?

And no, we know the full truth. Daesung was completely innocent. I'm not going to see people stirring shit by spreading misinformation and ignore it.

• this is from the Interview they made with the Taxi driver who witnessed everything

Q: Daesung is being accused of speeding and negligent driving.

A: It looked like he was driving at 60km/hr. Because the car in front of him wasnโ€™t speeding that much. Itโ€™s what I saw through my carโ€™s room mirror. This is what I testified to the police.

• If I'm not mistaken, the drunk motorcyclist caused an initial accident, but to this day, no one knows if he died on impact or it was Daesung's collision into him after that caused his death. You get what I mean?

There simply wasn't enough evidence to charge Daesung with anything other than driving over the speed limit, which quite frankly, A LOT of people do. They just don't always end up getting caught in someone else's accident.

But remember, not guilty doesn't mean innocent. It just means there isn't enough evidence to convict him of manslaughter beyond reasonable doubt, and to this day, nobody knows and that's okay. We're not God. The only two people who know are the motorcyclist and Daesung, and one of them is gone. And that's why the criminal justice system gave Daesung the benefit of the doubt.

The autopsy itself said it was very unlikely the man had already died from the injuries over the initial accident since it had only been less than 3 minutes before Daesung hit him. Unlikely isnt definitive enough to give him a conviction but it's still unlikely.

There was already a taxi driver out trying to help that man and had his hazards on to stop people. Daesung didn't just hit that biker, he dragged that man's body over 60 ft and was going fast enough to push the taxi a good distance after he crashed into it. If he wasn't in Big Bang or rich, he'd be in jail right now

• This thread contains 29 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!