Cravity stop stealing from other groups: A challenge

• Welcome to my TED Talk. I have four pieces of evidence to support my theory:

• First of all their team name, Cravity, was the name of Craxy's fandom. Cravity isn't even a real word so how did they did they come up with a fake word that was already taken lmao. Poor Craxy had to change their fandom name because they were too nugu to say "hey we had that name first." :peperain:
    • Secondly, their debut incorporated so many similar visuals from EXO's MVs. Here are side by side comparisions

1587240317-4f58cf88-4fff-4634-a0a3-6ae31b8f1a03.jpeg

Even the logos were similar

1587240463-00cbe28f-5ebf-4f44-be1c-514d39697245.gif

1587240463-942e6e73-4a41-4dc9-84af-1c53e24d7b6d.gif

• Third, Cravity's music started sounding like NCT. My Turn sounds like something NCT would have released, but it's okay NCT doesn't own that sound. However when they released Gas Pedal, they crossed the line because that chorus beat drop sounds EXACTLY like Hot Sauce. Also, their chant Gas pedal chant is so similar to HOT SAUCE GIPI DIP THAT :pepestare:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Finally, exactly when Tri.be starts promoting their song album Veni Vidi Vici, guess what Cravity does? They release a music video for a B-side they released two months ago titled Veni Vidi Vici :pepe-back-away:

External Content www.youtube.com

I genuinely don't understand what Starship is doing with this group. :pepefacepalm:

Edited 4 times, last by Hopkinz ().

• The first one is sad actually. I feel bad for Craxy

me too. Stan these experiment queens

• To be fair... Veni Vidi Vici was the promoted B side for Cravity's comeback and it's not the first time they've made a video for the b side a few months later. They did it for this one too.

I mean it's not even the name of Tri.Be's song so I don't get the issue with that one.

• To be fair... Veni Vidi Vici was the promoted B side for Cravity's comeback and it's not the first time they've made a video for the b side a few months later. They did it for this one too.

I mean it's not even the name of Tri.Be's song so I don't get the issue with that one.

That one is more of a stretch. It just seems odd that I have gone 22 years without hearing that phrase, then all the sudden when Tri.be has been running around saying it, Cravity is like "hey look at this MV we made for Veni Vidi Vici"

• I always thought cravity was a play on gravity.

also, kpop can be like follow the leader type thing sometimes so I guess that explains the NCT similarities.

The TRibe thing tho, I just don't get.

• That one is more of a stretch. It just seems odd that I have gone 22 years without hearing that phrase, then all the sudden when Tri.be has been running around saying it, Cravity is like "hey look at this MV we made for Veni Vidi Vici"

Cravity spent a month promoting the song on music shows in August. It's more odd that two months later a company decided to name their group's album the same thing. :wellr:

Even Zico also has a song named Veni Vidi Vici so it's not like it's the first time the phrase has popped in kpop is this year.

• Cravity spent a month promoting the song on music shows in August. It's more odd that two months later a company decided to name their group's album the same thing. :wellr:

Even Zico also has a song named Veni Vidi Vici so it's not like it's the first time the phrase has popped in kpop is this year.

I genuinely think that one isn't a big deal, just weird that yet again Cravity is caught doing something after someone else.

• Hj: if they play like that, their skin will get burned. What happens when the skin gets burned?

Sm: they turn black

Hj: yeah, black. What happens when the skin gets darker?

Sm: You get ugly

Hj: you can't use shinning foundation.

Someonw translated this to PT and I just did it to English

• I genuinely think that one isn't a big deal, just weird that yet again Cravity is caught doing something after someone else.

But in this case they literally aren't doing it after someone else. Their song came out in August. Tri.Be's song isn't even called Veni Vidi Vici.

• One member did "yayaya" to the mouth mimicking native people

The racist controversy... lemme translate it brb

Wow I'm surprised anyone noticed the mouth movement. Things toward Native cultures tends to be ignored a lot. It's the reason why I hate Boombayah.

• But in this case they literally aren't doing it after someone else. Their song came out in August. Tri.Be's song isn't even called Veni Vidi Vici.

The video still came out after Tri.be...And it seems weird they'd release it when Tri.be is promoting. Like why didn't ya'll release it months ago. It's very unconventional to release an MV two months after promotions, especially for a b-side. And what a crazy coincidence, same name as someone else's album promoting right now

• Wow I'm surprised anyone noticed the mouth movement. Things toward Native cultures tends to be ignored a lot. It's the reason why I hate Boombayah.

I like the song but it's distasteful AF. YG made BP do that shit tho, this is a completely dif story since member was doing it unprovocked

Edit: his dumb ass even says "India" before like commom :pepefacepalm: Those are not the same

• The video still came out after Tri.be...And it seems weird they'd release it when Tri.be is promoting. Like why didn't ya'll release it months ago. It's very unconventional to release an MV two months after promotions, especially for a b-side. And what a crazy coincidence, same name as someone else's album promoting right now

I don’t really see how this affects Tri.be though especially since Its just a mv that isn’t going to be promoted.

The only issue I have with gravity, is how the name makes it sound like it’s just a 5 member group but there’s actually 9. Like wtf, starship needs to pick better names

External Content twitter.com

• The video still came out after Tri.be...And it seems weird they'd release it when Tri.be is promoting. Like why didn't ya'll release it months ago. It's very unconventional to release an MV two months after promotions, especially for a b-side. And what a crazy coincidence, same name as someone else's album promoting right now

This is as stupid as saying TO1 was copying NCT Dream by releasing a dance practice for their own song called Hot Sauce.

It's not that deep. It would be massively different if it were actually the name of Tri.Be's song... but it's not. I also feel like most people are smart enough to tell the difference between a girl goup and a boy group, but okay. I guess they decided to sabotage Tri.Be cause that makes more sense somehow.

I guess we're gonna have to ask StayC to change their name or else people will think they're copying Stray Kids.

• The first time I heard of this group was last year and they were getting accused of copying something related to EXO. I remember the similarities were uncanny but ifans kept dismissing it because they didn't want admit that EXO-Ls were correct lol.

• This is as stupid as saying TO1 was copying NCT Dream by releasing a dance practice for their own song called Hot Sauce.

It's not that deep. It would be massively different if it were actually the name of Tri.Be's song... but it's not. I also feel like most people are smart enough to tell the difference between a girl goup and a boy group, but okay. I guess they decided to sabotage Tri.Be cause that makes more sense somehow.

I guess we're gonna have to ask StayC to change their name or else people will think they're copying Stray Kids.

I genuinely also think it's a coincidence. However, I can see Starship sitting around going "Hey, this group has an album called Veni Vidi Vici coming out. Didn't we release a song a couple months ago with that name? Since people are going to be searching Veni Vidi Vici, let's release an MV for that song out again." Which tbh isn't even a bad idea from a business perspective, just once again they are relying on others to get themselves to trend

Yes this is a conspiracy theory, probably not true, but I wouldn't put it past Starship to do something like this.

Edited once, last by Hopkinz ().

• The first time I heard of this group was last year and they were getting accused of copying something related to EXO. I remember the similarities were uncanny but ifans kept dismissing it because they didn't want admit that EXO-Ls were correct lol.

OMG I FORGOT THEIR DEBUT STEALING VISUALS FROM EXO, I edited my OP. I can't with this group WTF I even forgot about some of their plagiarism controversies.

• Hopkinz

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • External Content www.youtube.com

Thing is some of those things are a stretch and some of the other songs like Doo Doom Chit the EXID song are songs written by Shinsadong Tiger, so that's just him being lazy.

The only one I can see the plagiarism controversy being legit for was the Serebro Mi Mi Mi song.

• Also I just want to say that even now.... months later... I still don't hear the similarity between Hot Sauce and Gas Pedal.

• This hurts. espcially due to colorism :pepe-sad:

• I am lost

is these picture of two different MVs side by side or top and bottom? because if it's side by side then it's too identical even the clothes are the same. If it's top and bottom pictures then I don't see the similarities at all. Even the flowers are different.

oie_oW6nd6ZHjgcJ (1).jpg

lt64IYu.gif

• First of all their team name, Cravity, was the name of Craxy's fandom. Cravity isn't even a real word so how did they did they come up with a fake word that was already taken lmao. Poor Craxy had to change their fandom name because they were too nugu to say "hey we had that name first."

Craxy debuted only a month before Cravity right? Given that both groups debuted around the same time, it's certainly possible that Cravity was unaware of Craxy's fandom name.

As far as I know, for Craxy, Cravity = Craxy + Gravity, while for Cravity, Cravity = Creativity + Gravity.

• I am lost

is these picture of two different MVs side by side or top and bottom? because if it's side by side then it's too identical even the clothes are the same. If it's top and bottom pictures then I don't see the similarities at all. Even the flowers are different.

oie_oW6nd6ZHjgcJ (1).jpg

I agree with you that one is a stretch, but I think the other pictures are very similar

• Cravity's group name sounds weirdly sexual to me, that's the one thing I know them for other the one really good song called Ooh ahh which is essentially what the current boy group disco sound should aim to be(honestly it's just Dynamite but better in every way). Though to me the comparisons just seem like groups following aesthetic trends which happens a lot as trend-following is what runs the kpop creative sphere. But I'm no plagiarism expert legally.

• Thing is some of those things are a stretch and some of the other songs like Doo Doom Chit the EXID song are songs written by Shinsadong Tiger, so that's just him being lazy.

The only one I can see the plagiarism controversy being legit for was the Serebro Mi Mi Mi song.

I agree most of the comparisons were reaching and the fact it came from different songs means shit because you can do that to any new song if you're desperate enough. If most of those parts were inspired by one song then it's plagiarism.

I am surprised by the things Kpop fans call plagiarism. Sometimes half a second similarity or using the same instrument is plagiarism to them yet some of them deny clear interpolated uncredited beats throughout the whole song like it's nothing.

lt64IYu.gif

• Craxy debuted only a month before Cravity right? Given that both groups debuted around the same time, it's certainly possible that Cravity was unaware of Craxy's fandom name.

As far as I know, for Craxy, Cravity = Craxy + Gravity, while for Cravity, Cravity = Creativity + Gravity.

But see these coincidences just keep on happening. They just happened to create the same word, they just happened to have the same visuals as EXO, they just happened to sound exactly like NCT, they just happened to release a song with the exact same title as another group promoting at the same time.

Like 1 or 2 coincidences, fine but this just keeps on happening.

• This thread contains 48 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!