The Black Label should feel ashamed...

• but somi self composes her songs. maybe thats how many songs she was okay with releasing? i kinda feel like somi is really hard on herself, esp with how strict she is with managing her weight and she only wants to show her fans her best works which is why its so limited.

kinda reminds me of a dean.ive been waiting for his album for soo long but hes also someone who only wants to put out his best works which means limited music for his fans but the music he does release is striaght bops which applies to somi as well

somi isnt in a kpop gg anymore. shes a solo artist, emphasis on both solo and artist. if ppl dont like her music, the hate goes to her and shes very sensitive to hate. and artist bc she selfcomposes meaning, with the help of the other blacklabel producers, she creates these songs from scratch. this isnt a kpop gg where theyre given a song written and produced by someone else. its all her. its a hard process.

I know she's hard on herself, I've posted about that in the past. My main point is that The Black Label shouldn't get the fans hopes up by saying it's a full album. At best it's a mini album.

• Her previous singles were never released as physical copy so they have to end up in one of her album. If you aren't going to be buying her physical copy album then I don't want to hear any complaints.

But I do agree that they should have added at least 1-2 more new songs.

• Well I'm in the minority who likes most songs in an album promoted so.... :wellr:

And it's nothing new that companies can decide however they want to label their releases.

Just an example, in case you missed it, ENHYPEN's recent first full album is composed of only 8 tracks, including the intro and interlude already.

Don't be surprised to see shorter tracks and tracklists in the near future.

• but somi self composes her songs. maybe thats how many songs she was okay with releasing? i kinda feel like somi is really hard on herself, esp with how strict she is with managing her weight and she only wants to show her fans her best works which is why its so limited.

kinda reminds me of a dean.ive been waiting for his album for soo long but hes also someone who only wants to put out his best works which means limited music for his fans but the music he does release is striaght bops which applies to somi as well

somi isnt in a kpop gg anymore. shes a solo artist, emphasis on both solo and artist. if ppl dont like her music, the hate goes to her and shes very sensitive to hate. and artist bc she selfcomposes meaning, with the help of the other blacklabel producers, she creates these songs from scratch. this isnt a kpop gg where theyre given a song written and produced by someone else. its all her. its a hard process.

nothing wrong if SHE is a perfectionist but TBL should stop mislabeling the album type and like op said, stop getting fans hopes up.

couldve just put the 4 songsdumb dumb and say its an ep

• To me, ENHYPEN is a totally different case. They've already had two minis and a full album in less than a year. I can consider it a full album because it's 8 new tracks, despite one being an intro and another being an interlude.

Of course TBL can decide how they want to label their releases but the fans can still criticize it. Somi barely releases music so no matter how people defend it, it's disappointing. At least to me.

• Her previous singles were never released as physical copy so they have to end up in one of her album. If you aren't going to be buying her physical copy album then I don't want to hear any complaints.

But I do agree that they should have added at least 1-2 more new songs.

A lot of artists release digital singles that aren't released as physical copies. I can agree with Dumb Dumb being on the album because it was a release leading up to the album. The other three should have been replaced with new songs or they should of just said it's a mini album.

Tbh though I can complain if I want, regardless. As a consumer, why should I feel obligated to buy the physical copy if I'm not satisfied?

yea but a full album ffs.

8 songs is a mini album, you can't have a full album with less than 10 songs and even 10 is light

• for promoting this as a full album when there are only eight tracks, and only four new ones. Especially when two of them were released over two years ago. I'm not sure if there is another thread on this or not but I didn't see one. Anyways, Somi deserves better. The fans deserve better. I'm disappointed and yet not surprised in the least.

No photo description available.

Isn't the "rule" that anything over 7 tracks is a full album?

This definition has 6 or less tracks and under 30 minutes total an EP.

For it to be an Album it has to have 7+ songs and/or be over 30 minutes in total.

But EP is not really official, anything with 2 or more tracks can be called an Album.

• Teddy's a menace ☠️

TBL, especially Teddy is something else. I won’t say he is lazy, he is just too stuck up with his music. It doesn’t always have to be a massive success, just release music for fun!

Dude's have been doing it for 20+ years since 98 and still got fairly consistent result .

I'll say 70-80% of his song are kinda a hit .

Honestly idk what that dude's made out of.

• Dude's have been doing it for 20+ years since 98 and still got fairly consistent result .

I'll say 70-80% of his song are kinda a hit .

Honestly idk what that dude's made out of.

Dude is just a hitmaker. Has over 50+ hit songs (top 10 on Melon or Gaon Weekly) and up to 30 #1 songs to his name.

Category:Songs written by Teddy Park - Wikipedia

Damn, look at that list. Plus this list isnt even everything since there are songs that he produced that arent listed here (only songs that he wrote or cowrote are listed). And it's also missing some #1 hit songs like Ugly by 2NE1 for some reason.

• Sure, by definition it is a full album. The point is that there are only four new songs. Only YGE and their sub labels do this. Just call it a mini album instead of getting hopes up that we'll get 8 new songs (or 7, not including Dumb Dumb).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!