Racist, or naw?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This post is racist af to me. Not to mention it is an F U to people who are mixed themselves

I really hate this type of thinking. Just be with who you want and let people be with who they want. I really don’t understand why it matters whether people date within or outside their race

Making this posts with a happy face on the all black lineage and frowning upon the initial mixed race lineage is basically advocating for ethnic cleansing, but in a “woke” imagery

• The fuck........... I'm mixed and I'm proud of it (half white half asian)

and i can date hot guys of any race. i don't get people who care about race so much.

She can prefer whatever race she wants, but i saw one of her comments that said "I'm not saying I hate white people or biracial people I'm simply saying I (ME ) WILL MARRY AND LOVE A BLACK MAN and I would prefer if my kids did too" Like what the fuck is that???? She can choose to date whoever she wants, but it becomes a problem if she expects her kids to be the same way.

• I will reply, even tho no matter what I say I will be racist because I am a white male.

But in my opinion, I don't think it's racist. It's more stupid than anything.

Also a preference in sexual encounters.

And yes, I noticed the differences in emojis or whatever, but I attribute that to stupidity.

If it was up to me, this entire planet will stop thinking about the color of the skin and just love when they want to love. But as I was recently reminded, way too painfully btw, I am just a stupid old idealist.

• I guess I will be in the minority with you and think its not racist. Preference to marry within your culture/race is very dominant and imo acceptable.

However she has no business shaming biracial people or judging them or thinking their love and relationships are inferior to hers.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also I want to note that there is alot of sexism aspect to this too. Women are expected to only marry within their culture/race while men can do what they want.

My close friend, her brothers only ever dated white and asian girls and when she dated someone southasian, her brothers treated her like she is the biggest traitor to black people.

• People should marry to whoever tf they want and stop guilt tripping others for not making the same choice as them i mean.. its your personal life, idgf who you're gonna choose cause you are the one who will live and raise a family with that person. You shouldnt choose to date and marry someone for their skin color or ethnicity, its how they make you feel and how happy you are with each other that should be the deciding factor.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Adolf, is that you?

• I guess I will be in the minority with you and think its not racist. Preference to marry within your culture/race is very dominant and imo acceptable.

However she has no business shaming biracial people or judging them or thinking their love and relationships are inferior to hers.

You made it sound so much better than I did.

But that was exactly what I had in my head.

• You made it sound so much better than I did.

But that was exactly what I had in my head.

I think the Op of that tweet is not very good at expressing herself

she explains her point below that and its really not controversial

She is trying to say bc due to bad example of older generation (maybe in her own family), black people are deterred from having relationships among themselves. She wants to be an example of healthy positive black love/family to those around her and her children.

• I think the Op of that tweet is not very good at expressing herself

she explains her point below that and its really not controversial

She is trying to say bc due to bad example of older generation (maybe in her own family), black people are deterred from having relationships among themselves. She wants to be an example of healthy positive black love/family to those around her and her children.

I didn't even realize that.

I am so bad at interpreting racial type situations that I honestly think I should stop commenting on them.

• This. This is what I was trying to explain in my first response to this thread -- that POC have to deal with seeing each other's self-hate all the time.

She might have the best intentions, but using that image as a visual aid is not a good idea. You can celebrate empowerment and self-love without putting down every interracial relationship.

We've talked before about this, and we both realized that I don't understand this.

But, and a huge but,

If she wants to be just with her own race, that should be fine right?

What's not fine is saying that it's not ok to be a part of a mixed race relationship?

I am honestly asking just to learn.

I have no idea about the context of the actual tweet but I for one when I decided on a girl to marry not date...marry I preferred and wanted a chinese person like myself...

that way we share a common language, culture, hopefully similar thoughts, she'd understand me and my family and I can understand her and her family and lots of similarities that make it easier than marrying a non-chinese person...

• I don't find it racist at all, but tweet seems poorly explained, and isn't very obvious to those not understanding of racial issues or are part of the black community.

The black community has been and still is plaqued with self hate, steming from slavery that has been deeply ingrained to this day, its easiest to see on a scale of media representation as lighter skinned or mixed people to be pushed to the top of black representation as their deemed more attractive....but these issues arent as simply explained there are layers and years of conditioning involved.

the tweet itself can be easily interpreted in a contraversial light as it lacks context.

I took it as a promotion of black love and self love, which is somewhat needed.

At the end of the day people have preferences and can love who they want, be it the same race or not, these things shouldn't really matter, but racial tensions are still high.

Admitedly though, the mixed side of tweet reminded of the breeding program they had put aboriginal slaves through in order to breed the blackness out, this image was essentially what the program was..although they kidnapped the children...

The idea was the more white you have in you the more status and attractiveness you held (the idea still stands for some subconsciously sadly) , similar to that of the heirarchy between field slaves and house slaves, alot of lighter complexion became house slaves and were favoured (although they were product of rape in most case and the cycle would continue sadly)... But the colour divide that stemmed from this still exists, be it consciously or not as does the self hate.

I waffled a bit there sorry lol

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover
    R.I.P Jonghyun & Reita  <3

Edited once, last by xwhisperx ().

• Cause it used in a racial Mate preference it is not Racist.

The Meme could be harmless demonstrating Biology Genetics. But its not used that way here.

Overall take having it pit one race vs another it comes across as Racist.

• Also I want to note that there is alot of sexism aspect to this too. Women are expected to only marry within their culture/race while men can do what they want.

My close friend, her brothers only ever dated white and asian girls and when she dated someone southasian, her brothers treated her like she is the biggest traitor to black people.

I DESPISE Growth of knees like this. The sheer fucking audacity

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!