IZONE Chaeyeon upcoming girl group. Is WM setting her up?

• Debut solo or stay in this group? 69

1. She should go solo (37) 54%
    2. Stay. She's not cut out to be a soloist. (24) 35%
    3. WM should cut down the members (8) 12%

6 girls? Will be 7 when Chaeyeon is added. Why?

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did WM not see IOI post produce girl groups fall from grace?

VZpmJ0g.gif

And I say this since it's an official account from WM. They've been promoting the same 6 members. From showcasing their dance practices to introducing each of the 6 female trainees.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited once, last by Park_Oppa ().

• Official Post

Yes lmao. Post Produce groups almost never do well. If they're looking for more exposure and sales by adding Chaeyeon, they're not going to get it. All(most of) her fans will leave as a result and the group will flop, most Produce group stans never support the group their biases debut in.

The whole reason people like Kang Daniel and Chungha aren't flopping is cause they went solo.

She should honestly go solo. She has the charisma and capabilities to, and it's going to bring WM alot more money, Chaeyeon has a huge fanbase(prolly top 3 in IZONE if I'm being honest).

• I think that current IZ*ONE participation in Starship x Pepsi is kind of like tearing up and down every predictions

because there is Wonyoung but there is no Yujin, there is Sakura but there is none other Japanese line member,

we really need to wait what will be the outcome of the negotiations, as for now I really think that IZ*ONE will continue probably with 6-7 members on board.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yes lmao. Post Produce groups almost never do well. If they're looking for more exposure and sales by adding Chaeyeon, they're not going to get it. All(most of) her fans will leave as a result and the group will flop, most Produce group stans never support the group their biases debut in.

The whole reason people like Kang Daniel and Chungha aren't flopping is cause they went solo.

She should honestly go solo. She has the charisma and capabilities to, and it's going to bring WM alot more money, Chaeyeon has a huge fanbase(prolly top 3 in IZONE) and debuting her solo would bring WM alot more money compared to if they debuted her in a group.

Yes and no

She isn’t the money maker of izone when there re Sakura Wonyoung chaewon minju yuri in izone.

🇨🇳 ; sakura is really huge idol here

2nd Wonyoung ,yujin ,hyewon

🇯🇵 :sakura minju chaewon yuri

But her fans re the louder (watching her fancams and comments on her)

Maybe chungha popularity fit chaeyeon tho :suggestiver:

• I think that current IZ*ONE participation in Starship x Pepsi is kind of like tearing up and down every predictions

because there is Wonyoung but there is no Yujin, there is Sakura but there is none other Japanese line member,

we really need to wait what will be the outcome of the negotiations, as for now I really think that IZ*ONE will continue probably with 6-7 members on board.

Sub unit is great projet

BC7A2E5A-9750-420C-8C73-0E18CAE1BC01.jpeg

I wait mv and cf of that

5 members was selected

• Chaeyeon is better in a group, yes she’s a great dancer but her stage presence is very overrated, when she’s with Izone, she hardly catches attention, only when she does choreography on her own where she’s the only one dancing. Her popularity is the lowest in the group , she has the smallest fanbase in Korea , Japan and China, those YouTube views and comments don’t equal popularity just saying. She’s not ready for a solo, chungha of IOI could be a solo because she has very great stage presence and facial expressions outside being a dance machine and also chungha’s fanbase was like 5th in terms of fandom size during IOI reign, I don’t know why people just always compare chaeyeon to chungha because they are on different leagues

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• Yes lmao. Post Produce groups almost never do well. If they're looking for more exposure and sales by adding Chaeyeon, they're not going to get it. All(most of) her fans will leave as a result and the group will flop, most Produce group stans never support the group their biases debut in.

She should honestly go solo. She has the charisma and capabilities to, and it's going to bring WM alot more money, Chaeyeon has a huge fanbase(prolly top 3 in IZONE if I'm being honest).

she should go solo, she has the skills and has the 2nd largest fandom base after sakura :!:

I honestly think she would do well as a soloist. I really liked her criminal performance. It showed she had a lot of potential And if you compare her dancing to these girls it's obvious she's too far ahead.

External Content youtu.be

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• she has the smallest fanbase in Korea , Japan and China, those YouTube views

shes the most popular internationally and has the 2nd largest fanbase in the group overall so lol at the fact you said she has the lowest popularity in the group.

shes the best 4th gen dancer so she would stand out if she went solo and stage presence is subjective. i believe she has the best stage presence after sk and wy :!:

• Chaeyeon is better in a group, yes she’s a great dancer but her stage presence is very overrated, when she’s with Izone, she hardly catches attention, only when she does choreography on her own where she’s the only one dancing. Her popularity is the lowest in the group , she has the smallest fanbase in Korea , Japan and China, those YouTube views and comments don’t equal popularity just saying. She’s not ready for a solo, chungha of IOI could be a solo because she has very great stage presence and facial expressions outside being a dance machine and also chungha’s fanbase was like 5th in terms of fandom size during IOI reign, I don’t know why people just always compare chaeyeon to chungha because they are on different leagues

Chaeyeon’s facial expressions is only weakness like idol for me

She is really best dancer in kpop for me

When I have watching her fancams is Focus on her dance

External Content youtu.be

• shes the most popular internationally and has the 2nd largest fanbase in the group overall.

shes the best 4th gen dancer so she would stand out if she went solo :!:

I will take it that you don’t follow up Izone, chaeyeon is the least popular member in korea Japan and China, her being popular in SEA is not enough, people need to buy albums, stream songs, she’s also not top 5 most searched members in Izone so where in the world is her international popularity and so called fanbase even kang hyewon fanbase is bigger in Japan and China . Soloist is not about the best dancer , a solo artist let should be able to connect with the audience.

img.gif

• I will take it that you don’t follow up Izone, chaeyeon is the least popular member in korea Japan and China, her being popular in SEA is not enough, people need to buy albums, steam songs, she’s also not top 5 most searched members in Izone so where in the world is her international popularity and so called fanbase even kang hyewon fanbase is bigger in Japan and China . Soloist is not about the best dancer , a solo artist let should be sonde to connect with the audience.

LMFAOOOOOO the least popular member in sk is hitomi, hyewon is not more popular in japan than chaeyeon, and yuri is the least popular in china.

chaeyeon can also sing, dance is just a bonus for her.

• She is my favoooorite from Izone, but still, I think a group would be better for her. She is extremely talented, her dance is amazing, and her voice is stable even during hard choreographies. But, unfortunately, her popularity is not the biggest, even tho she's so talented. She doesn't fit the "visual standards", so even tho she might shine over anyone with her skills, if you aren't beautiful then they will not pay attention. That's the truth...

So for now, a smaller group would be better, but not a 7-person group, 4 are more than enough. Maybe later, she will be able to debut solo, but she needs first to grow a larger community, not just as a member of Izone or being Chaeryeong's sister.

Let's support her no matter what~

• LMFAOOOOOO the least popular member in sk is hitomi, hyewon is not more popular in japan than chaeyeon, and yuri is the least popular in china.

chaeyeon can also sing, dance is just a bonus for her.

https://www.koreaboo.com/stori…according-hi-touch-sales/

Read this yourself

B3472025-F782-47F5-976B-477CC7FBC335.jpeg

(from top to bottom: Wonyoung, Sakura, Yuri, Yena, Yujin, Nako, Eunbi, Hyewon, Hitomi, Chaewon, Minju, Chaeyeon, group fansite)

Picture of Izone Chinese album sales

1. Sakura
    2. Ahn Yujin
    3. Kang Yewon
    4. Jang Wonyoung

These are the top 4 Chinese fanbases

even if she’s more popular than hitomi in Korea it doesn’t make a difference , she’s still not top 5 according to searches, won young

Minju, Eunbi , Ahn yu Jin and Sakura are currently the most popular members in Korea with the biggest fanbase . It’s not as if I don’t like chaeyeon but she’s not suited for a solo artist yet and her popularity is not what you think it is.

img.gif

• She is my favoooorite from Izone, but still, I think a group would be better for her. She is extremely talented, her dance is amazing, and her voice is stable even during hard choreographies. But, unfortunately, her popularity is not the biggest, even tho she's so talented. She doesn't fit the "visual standards", so even tho she might shine over anyone with her skills, if you aren't beautiful then they will not pay attention. That's the truth...

So for now, a smaller group would be better, but not a 7-person group, 4 are more than enough. Maybe later, she will be able to debut solo, but she needs first to grow a larger community, not just as a member of Izone or being Chaeryeong's sister.

I don’t know why chaeryeong is outshine in itzy maybe her vib is innocent

I think this is the best compromise. A small group that allows Chaeyeon to shine enough for her fans to remain interested. WM should probably pick a visual and a super charismatic member to complement Chaeyeon in the group. The 4th member could be either a great dancer or a great singer or hopefully both.

• why r you trying to show me a popularity chart when i havent claimed shes the most popular in korea, i said she has the 2nd, probably 3rd (after sk and wy) biggest fanbase OVERALL. "shes not suited for a solo artist yet not with this kind of popularity". lol, lol, LOL.

stick to that opinion. :wellr: ill stick to mine :!:

Edited once, last by taesv6 ().

• Official Post

This is inaccurate. Every other source shows that Minju, Chaewon/Eunbi, Wonyoung, Sakura and Yuri are the most popular in Korea. Any other WIZ*ONE will tell you the same thing. Chaeyeon doesn't need to be top 5 to have a successful solo career eye-

So if we used that as the basis, Wonyoung is actually the 5th most popular member of IZ*ONE? That doesn't make sense imo. Wonyoung actually also has the 2nd biggest Chinese fanbase after Sakura, so that list is inaccurate as well.

• This is inaccurate. Every other source shows that Minju, Chaewon/Eunbi, Wonyoung, Sakura and Yuri are the most popular in Korea. Any other WIZ*ONE will tell you the same thing. Chaeyeon doesn't need to be top 5 to have a successful solo career eye-

So if we used that as the basis, Wonyoung is actually the 5th most popular member of IZ*ONE? That doesn't make sense imo

That Hi-touch isn't accurate because that was t

That’s clearly for Japan eye-

hi - touch sales is only done in Japan and Its actually one of the most accurate representations of popularity in Japan. You clearly didn’t read everything becathe people you mentioned as the most popular In Korea I also mentioned with the exception of chaewon, pls do read properly what I wrote before quoting me.

• Official Post

That’s clearly for Japan eye-

hi - touch sales is only done in Japan and Its actually one of the most accurate representations of popularity in Japan. You clearly didn’t read everything becathe people you mentioned as the most popular In Korea I also mentioned with the exception of chaewon, pls do read properly what I wrote before quoting me.

If it's for Japan then what was the point of bringing it up? To downplay Chaeyeon's popularity even further? No one even mentioned Chaeyeon's popularity before you came. :rolleyes:

• Chaeyeon is s great dancer i would claim the best of ghe 4th GG

she can sing

she can speak Japanese well

on one of the Arcade episodes she said she is learning English

she csn make a great leader

she is humble

the only thing going against her is her face and that is so sad but true, if she had minju WY hyewon or sakura face...

• Post produce groups didn't flop because of the IOI members but because of the low effort nature of them. WekiMeki was built around Yoojung and Doyeon and Fantagio continued to only support them individually. If you looked at promotions and variety WekiMeki might as well have been a duo. Same with Gugudan. It really should have just been SeMiNa it made the other members feel like filler even if they were talented. I feel like I don't need to mention DIA. As long as the companies properly integrate them into the group there should be no problem. Pristin did this with Pinky and Nayoung and they most likely would have been a 2nd tier(popular non big 3) girl group if not for Pledis. If you don't think the new Starship girl group isn't going to be at least moderately successful you're tripping

• Chaeyeon has all the skills in the world but talent is not the only factor that determines if an artist is gonna be successful going solo. Her popularity has always been on the lower end of Izone and let's be honest, does she have the charms to capture the audience without the help from other members?

I reckon a small group with some one or two other strong personality is the way to go. Obviously big group is a no no, and she can be successful solo but it will be really tough. I think it depends if she gets a good song to start with or if WM will be patient enough with her if it doesn't hit off big right away.

• She will be better in a group

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• If it's for Japan then what was the point of bringing it up? To downplay Chaeyeon's popularity even further? No one even mentioned Chaeyeon's popularity before you came. :rolleyes:

Well you did, you were claiming she has one of The top 3 largest fanbases in Izone which is a total lie X/. I decided to show receipts for the fanbase in different areas worldwide, also stop trying to make me look like the bad person is not working .I’m done with this topic, I said what I said and that’s it, have a good day

img.gif

Edited 4 times, last by gg-mouthpiece ().

• The thing about post I.O.I groups is that, people only care about the I.O.I members and no one actually care about the other members.

Like name me 2 other members in Weki Meki/WJSN/Pristin that isn't an ex I.O.I member. If WM wants to put her in the group they have to make sure that it isn't just Chaeyeon and friends.

I do think Chaeyeon can do well solo, not sure if she can be like Chungha but how many of us actually predicted how popular she would be back then?

Image result for chaeyeon fiesta gif

• I don't think anything is too good of an option. The gg will just be chaeyeon and friends. Most of her fans will leave.

She doesn't look like she has the star power to shine as a soloist either but at least her fanbase may still support her. Good dancer doesn't make one a good soloist.

Let's be honest other than the starship ngg none of them r even going to see moderate level of success. The ones who have good visuals can get into acting and modeling can still get successful but the others r going to be nugus. The companies do not understand that they'll have to start from scratch and promote the group as a whole. They can't depend on the produce fandoms as they are just there to support their fave not the whole group.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Idg how people here said she's one of the most popular member. She's indeed one of the most well-known member internationally, but didn't mean she have strong core fandom that will follow her loyally.

Being in a big group is fine. The problem is don't make her hard carry the entire group, her fandom is not strong enough. She can go to yeonjung route in WJSN, being the talented & well known member but don't let her be the only stan attractor for the group. They certainly need a unique, visual, charismatic & charming members. WM made OMG, so i guess we could just believe in them a little more?

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!