Is there underappreciation for individual dancer/vocalists for groups where all members excel???

• Hear me out on this (this is not a drag to these idols it's just an example so any idols named here are only used as an example)

Like every time we talk about say top BG dancers for example, we hear the same few names (this is not a drag to these idols it's just an example) like JHope/Jungkook/Kai/Taeyong/Taemin but we never really see people name Seventeen dancers like Dino/Hoshi. It feels like it is because Seventeen as a whole is regarded as a high tier synchronized team as a whole, that people generally don't talk about their individual dance abilities separately.

Same for vocals, we hear the same few names (main vocals of EXO/Suju/NCT, Jonghyun, Youngjae, Junsu) but rarely people mention 2am/BTOB/Day6 vocalists individually even though they are literally like LITERALLY VOCAL BASED GROUPS, like they are regarded as a group but no one notice their individual vocal talent.

It's just a random thought that came to me what do you guys think? (please no dragging of any groups or artists)

• icyruios

Changed the title of the thread from “Is there underappreciation for dance/vocals for groups where all members excel???” to “Is there underappreciation for individual dancer/vocalists for groups where all members excel???”.
  • No these groups are just nugu and akp only care about groups under BIG4 all threads on other groups are flops and totally ignores the idols and artists of these groups.

Put the same idols under a BIG3 label they will all tell you that they have an extraordinary talent.

• No these groups are just nugu and akp only care about groups under BIG4 all threads on other groups are flops and totally ignores the idols and artists of these groups.

Put the same idols under a BIG3 label they will all tell you that they have an extraordinary talent.

2am/Day6 are Big 3, 2am are even having a comeback soon. Seventeen is under HYBE so technically Big4

:pepecute::pepecute::pepecute::pepecute:

• That may be a reason, the fandoms are pretty quiet too.

Also, maybe those members don't have individual activities ?

I know Hoshi and Dino have some individual activities, like pictorials and mixtapes, but they don't go to tv shows, for ex., alone.

edit : ok, so I thought you meant in general, and not on akp in particular

• Hell yes. I often think this with NCT. Because the group is at such a high and technical and cohesive dance level, the members don’t get enough credit for their abilities. I think it’s only really realized when other people try to cover their choreo (and even then it’s usually the simpler choreos or simpler sequences). Even members that are “weaker” dancers are actually quite good just to keep up with that choreo, it’s just that the level is so high throughout. Most of the leads could be mains..and some of the others could be leads in many other groups.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Definitely. It's why I think being an all-rounder group is overrated. If everybody's pretty good at everything, nobody really stands out. Think it's way better to have an awesome singer, an amazing dancer, a supermodel face, etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!