Posts by sobee

MHJ's lawyers will submit the original kakaotalk chats by Friday:

Min plans to submit the original text of the Kakao Talk conversation to the court in writing. It will not only be submitted in the original text, but will also include a detailed explanation of the circumstances in which the conversation took place. It seems that he will not disclose it to the media.

Sejong, a law firm representing representative Min, said, "We plan to submit the original text of the KakaoTalk conversation as written data and explain all the context to the court," adding, "It is rather ethically wrong to disclose the private conversation to the public media because the KakaoTalk conversation itself presupposes private conversation."

https://news.mtn.co.kr/news-detail/2024052112525521520

Didn't she disclose private conversations herself, at the presscon?

What's the difference?

Thing is, this theory is from the POV of Hybe. It doesn't take into consideration what MHJ is like and what she considers most important. For Hybe, they can't risk potentially owing her that amount of money. It doesn't matter if she doesn't, its not a risk they want to report to shareholders.

If we believe her (and just judging by the fact that she left SM despite LSM wanting to keep her and give her more money to do so I kind do), she has the money, what she wants is artistic fulfilment by having control over her product. She focused on making newjeans and when debut didn't seem likely, making sure they'd debut with her vision. Once that was over she finally took stock. From the notes, it seems like she was looking at her options but only to leave and ideally have said product with her but the main focus was just being able to leave Hybe as and when she liked. From what we know, this is a woman who thinks of herself as a creative genius finally realising she could potentially be trapped in Hybe with no creative output, so she starts negotiating with Hybe over the contract terms but also trying to see if she can escape some other way, even if it comes down to blackmailing Hybe with a media storm, as long as she can get out and stay in the industry. Nothing thus far points at her being good at business and honestly many hyper creatives are like that and tend to partner with or join companies who take that into consideration. Its also why they tend to get taken advantage of. Even when she joined Hybe she basically said she joined so she'd have the freedom to create without having to build a business or think about profitability in that kind of way. Even the media attack, it seemed more focused on the issue of Illit copying the plans made for Newjeans and thats when she seemed to really loose it, when her vision was copied.

Your theory is interesting, but why did she ask for an increased valuation of her shares if her main focus was to leave ?

That's the usual non competition clause. It's only abusive when it stops a former employee to find work in the same field. For a CEO level it might be even more restricted. She wasn't a freelance employee

There are way too many korean articles to read through about the press conference, but from the ones that I read they are very careful with reporting on MHJ leaking the kakao chats between her and Bang PD. They briefly mention it but don't go into details. Maybe that will come later but they of course don't want to risk getting involved in any defamation suit. There are strong rules in Korea for that when it comes to the media.

Those messages are only good for gossip. Nothing relevant to the criminal case.

Now I expect Bang PD/Park Jiwon to hold a press confrence as well, probably after the meeting planned on the 30th. Likely will be much more boring tho because I don't think I've ever seen these two guys be emotional in their statements and stick to basic business speak. Coming across as corporate might not help them tho.

Both sides likely will start (multiple) libel suits against each other.

If they're smart (...), they'll need to be emotional and the first thing to do is apologize for the mess, to the public, fans but especially to all the artists mentioned.

Then assure again that NJ, and maybe Illit too, members will get the appropriate help to get thru those tough times.

So Love wins is the collab with V, armys might jump in too, it could even get decent numbers in the international chart. It's likely it will be the biggest song of the comeback, in general her prereleases do better and with V it just sounds even more likely. It will always depend on how good the song is though, of course.

Love 119 and Maniac are rising more than I expected, Love 119 is basically guaranteed to become a top 10 hit, and I'm starting to have hopes of Maniac becoming one too, but I try to not get my hopes too high lol.

Bol4's last song is doing decently for a Christmas song, I have the feeling next year it will be a new Christmas riser. There's also this song at #40 in the daily that we should keep an eye on, the singer is a nugu with 333 followers in Melon right now but it looks like the song is becoming viral for some reason.

It's not a feat, he's only confirmed in the MV

it is kinda hard to believe, but Newjeans songs are dropping real hard. ETA already below Somi and Super Shy soon too..

Just curious, is this the worst season for Idol groups to release songs? Cause the top10 is about to be occupied by all non-idol groups. A drastic contrast to May-June this year

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Possible season change, rainy days also have a lot of influence on charting