Do you think idols are being honest while talking about their ideal types especially when they name celebs?

• Are they being honest about ideal types? 35

1. No. (24) 69%
    2. On the fence. (9) 26%
    3. Yes. (2) 6%

Ideal types are usually broad and vague but both pop and kpop idols often openly mention idol/actor/actress or celebrity as an ideal type. I think its healthy to express their feelings to date.

But not faultless as it could lead to excessive shipping or fans never letting the ship die ig. Kinda like Justin and Selena shippers and the extreme hate Hailey beiber gets even to this day. That's rough and unhealthy. Or in kpop the saesangs might get angry(as long as they ain't dating a saesang ffs). So ig it's a double edged sword.

Ikw idol life is not a shippers fairytale there will be fuckboys and players plus companies that encourage shipping but besides it being awkward to see their ideal type in events I think its good to be honest. Idk if they are being honest or if it's a good pr strategy either I'm sleepy and kinda on the fence for this one ngl.

P.S I'm aware most idols are dating behind the scenes that's upto them. We don't know them they don't know us. Its just a lighthearted discussion about ideal types that are talked about in public by the celebs themselves. Let's not make this a big deal pls.

Desbundar

• Lol no. I remember during 2nd generation most male idols named Yoona or IU as their ideal type, it was the safe answer. Like even Nichkhun said Yoona was his ideal type manwhile he was dating another SNSD member (Tiffany).

• No. I remember hongki if i’m not mistake once talk about, when idols being asked about their ideal type, they will choose the one who is popular so the safe answer.

• pretty sure most people out there have an "ideal type" but its usually a character in their head they might or might not project on a real person

doesnt mean they will actually have a crush on or fall in love with said persona in real life

there's much more to love than that

so yeah, they might not be lying at all

they might just not be interested in anything more than having them as an ideal persona in their head

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Jungkook and IU immediately came to my mind.

I think talking about it in public can bring szt to the other person and make a career difficult but the truth of it is like 50/50.

• True true but they see those celebs more often than we do so maybe it could be genuine but then again people change and cuz nauen said this is her ideal type

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and then confessed to having a crush on tzuyu on national television.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like ma'am what is the truth? Jk jk. I'm kidding. It just gets confusing to keep up with ig. If either of the girls were a guy in this situation they'd be considered as dating or shipped by fans already.

Desbundar

• i mean

thats normal

as i said, ideal type is us fantasizing depending on what we are feeling we need in a partner at that specific moment

real world attraction works differently

thats why you'll see a lot of single people being desperate but also complaining "he/she's not my type" all the time

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• if they name a celeb; i feel they are not being honest. But when they describe their ideal type; it seems more honest though it may not always be so. Bts taliked about their ideal types in their early years which feels honest to me. RM saying a girl wearing converse high is his ideal type. ^^ But ideal type changes with time.

External Content www.youtube.com

• It seems like the current move is to name a celebrity a good bit older than you. Like someone you may have had a crush on as a kid so that the idol doesn't have to say a peer.

• I feel like it's a hard question to answer, not even as a celebrity. Imagine having to distill what would make the perfect match for you into just a few words... And reality rarely lines up, you get those people who say they only like tall guys (for example) and they marry someone shorter than they are.

When naming celebrities, I think that's even less likely. There are a lot of "safe" celebrities to mention that won't cause too much drama, like when everyone and their mother would say Suzy or Yoona were their ideal types.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• they are being honest unless they name a specific idol.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!