I don't understand one thing about Aespa...

• how can people say WINTER is a Lead Vocal when it is painfully obvious she gets the Main Vocal treatment? Or I have been in Kpop for too long that people define what she got as a 'lead' material

Comparing her given lines vs SM female lead vocals(Seulgi,Krystal,Seohyun,Tiffany,Sunny) it is clear that SM treated her as a MAIN :pepe-tea: .

So I'm here to say although some may disagree, both Winter & Ningning are Aespa main vocalists, that group ain't got any lead no one is treated like one shut up :pepefacepalm:

And it's not like SM has never had a double main vocalists in female groups before, they had the Ultimate Supreme God Taeyeon & Jessica. Also, NCT Dream vocal lines are all Main Vocal so I don't get why there's a need to classify her as a Lead Vocalists when she belted,growled and went viral for her outstanding vocal parts?

To conclude, stan Aespa and Winter :pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns:

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• Aespa actually has no official positions they've stated but a lead singer can have more lines than a main singer it's similar to early Red Velvet songs Seulgi had more lines than Wendy and in Twice Nayeon has a lot more lines though she's the lead singer. A Lead vocal means they take the lead in songs and Main vocal is just the person who's the best vocal in a group.

• Agree there should be two main vocals, actually they should all have the main vocal position

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't like the strict assignment of roles for groups and I think this is more fluid in aespa, which is what I love about them. All four of them can sing and Ningning and Winter are really strong vocalists in my opinion.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Huh? People are not familiar with the concept that groups can have more than 1 main vocal?

I got swarmed by some Ningning bees on Twitter when I say Ningning and Winter gives me main vocal material with their "rEsPeCt NiNgNiNg PoSiTiOn" thingy so I thought that was the initial positions set by the fandom lmao

Maybe its because it has been a long time since we see two outstanding vocalists that pretty much on the same level in a SM female group, like in f(x) you can't tell me Krystal is better than Luna and in RV Seulgi isn't technically better than Wendy

While in Aespa, both of them are technically strong with Winter having more presence in her voice and Ningning having more agility with it, so yeah you can't tell me who's better I can't decide because both of them are great

• While in Aespa, both of them are technically strong with Winter having more presence in her voice and Ningning having more agility with it, so yeah you can't tell me who's better I can't decide because both of them are great

You have to remember that Korean isn't Ningning's native language also and she's still learning so she's not always comfortable singing as she still struggles with some Korean words :p

• Listen to savage you know who is the better singer. Ningning have a stronger vocal and resonate more. Take the last part high note for example. Ningning responsible for the hardest climb in high note.

Sure you can say that sm being fair here because they basically distribute line more evenly.

• Winter actually said that there's no official positions, or something like that. As seen in the video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• You have to remember that Korean isn't Ningning's native language also and she's still learning so she's not always comfortable singing as she still struggles with some Korean words :p

Girl, I've known her since her SMRookies shit what are you trying to prove, believe me I've watched all those Chinese show and shed tears when she survived SM's dungeon

By saying Winter is a main vocal does not equate to Ningning being a bad one or being lesser of a vocalists, both of them are that great I don't think any of these two are Lead Vocal material, both are treated as Main Vocalists and got their equal time to shine vocally

Do I need to draw that for you? :pepe-sad:

• Winter actually said that there's no official positions, or something like that. As seen in the video

Great, gonna slap those Twitter bees with this video

Sure, it can be that. Listen to their album especially the title track, we know who responsible for the hardest part especially high note.

I think sm is doing a good job here. Leave the hardest part to the strongest singer and distribute line evenly unlike many kpop groups where sometime you have the strongest singer hoarding all the part.

If they did not label it, we all know ningning is. The expectation is main vocal has to take all the part and the hardest part. Sm here is distribute the line more fairly and leave the hardest part to ningning.

• I got swarmed by some Ningning bees on Twitter when I say Ningning and Winter gives me main vocal material with their "rEsPeCt NiNgNiNg PoSiTiOn" thingy so I thought that was the initial positions set by the fandom lmao

Maybe its because it has been a long time since we see two outstanding vocalists that pretty much on the same level in a SM female group, like in f(x) you can't tell me Krystal is better than Luna and in RV Seulgi isn't technically better than Wendy

While in Aespa, both of them are technically strong with Winter having more presence in her voice and Ningning having more agility with it, so yeah you can't tell me who's better I can't decide because both of them are great

I saw that too. Many Ning Akgaes and Winter Akgaes fight alot. When aespa has themselves told in 1thek interview there is no official position.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!