People have an odd obsession with “flopping”

• Like I’m very confused. If you don’t support group, artist, show, etc, what concern of it is yours whether they “flopped” or not?

And if you have to make threads or posts about someone flopping…. Maybe just maybe they’re not as much flops as you think since clearly they’re relevant enough to be on your mind, let alone talk about them

Just an observation lol

And people call anything they don’t like flop so much, that the word looses its value. Only in Kpop if you receive a 100%, you gotta earn a 120% or else you’ll be called flops

Like imagine calling an artist, with a job, a flop. Meanwhile you live in your mothers house rent free doing nothing with your life but bashing others behind a keyboard who actually reached their dreams & are (in some cases) getting a check for it

Jealousy is a silent killer

:siptear:

• Because it’s petty and that’s 95% of what kpop is. I don’t see that much of an issue with it.

If someone calling an artist a flop makes you upset, then that says more about you than anything else. Stop being emotionally attached to ppl you don’t know. There’s just ppl who make music, nothing special.

Get over it.

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• Because it’s petty and that’s 95% of what kpop is. I don’t see that much of an issue with it.

If someone calling an artist a flop makes you upset, then that says more about you than anything else. Stopping being emotionally attached to ppl you don’t know. There’s just ppl who make music, nothing special.

Get over it.

I never said I was upset about it, it’s just pathetic as hell to me

But you have a history with being that type, so not surprised you got so triggered lmfao. The defense mechanism for being called out rose your hater cells to a pulp

These artist doing things with their life while you’re butthurt over it. You get over it

:blehr:

If someone calling an artist a flop makes you upset, then that says more about you than anything else. Stopping being emotionally attached to ppl you don’t know. There’s just ppl who make music, nothing special.

Get over it.

I see your point because being too attached or overly involved in a fandom like kpop is always a bad idea but at the same time it still does say a lot about a person in general if they are satisfied with the lack of success others have, and might be a sign of projecting or toxicity

• I never said I was upset about it, just is pathetic as hell to me

But you have a history with being that type, so not surprised you got triggered lmfao

You get over it

“i never said i was upset about it” No, you just decided to make a thread to cry about it.

Either just enjoy the music or deal with the fandom side of kpop. You choose. Maybe they are flopping. If you’re on a kpop forum, you should be fine with discussing kpop. That includes the positive and negative. It’s stupid to complain about it.

• “i never said i was upset about it” No, you just decided to make a thread to cry about it.

Either just enjoy the music or deal with the fandom side of kpop. You choose. Maybe they are flopping. If you’re on a kpop forum, you should be fine with discussing kpop. That includes the positive and negative. It’s stupid to complain about it.

Lmfao calling it out is not crying about it. Why would you be so triggered over it if it doesn’t apply to you…. Oh wait, cuz it DOES apply to you, like I said

I never said people can’t get horny at saying someone’s flopping, being pathetic isn’t illegal after all. But it is pretty annoying to see, therefore I said what I said

• I see your point because being too attached or overly involved in a fandom like kpop is always a bad idea but at the same time it still does say a lot about a person in general if they are satisfied with the lack of success others have, and might be a sign of projecting or toxicity

Again, your making it too personal. No one shitting on a group’s performance ACTUALLY cares about that group failing. It’s 100% fandom related to get a reaction (or just stating an evidence-based opinion). It’s the fandom aspect of kpop and shouldn’t be taken as a personal attack on idols (hence why i said having a emotional connection is the problem).

We are here to discuss kpop, that means groups performing well and groups flopping. If your gonna get hurt everytime someone states a opinion about a group’s performance, you shouldn’t be here or atleast stay away from negative threads.

• Again, your making it too personal. No one shitting on a group’s performance ACTUALLY cares about that group failing. It’s 100% fandom related to get a reaction. It’s the fandom aspect of kpop and shouldn’t be taken as a personal attack on idols (hence why i said having a emotional connection is the problem).

We are here to discuss kpop, that means groups performing well and groups flopping. If your gonna get hurt everytime someone states a opinion about a group’s performance, you shouldn’t be here or atleast stay away from negative threads.

It’s funny how you keep saying “you’re feelings get hurt” and whatnot, yet you just fought with your life to defend undermining artist cuz someone else made a thread about it being weirdo behavior. And you’re the only one in here doing it might I add

Definition of deflection

• It’s funny how you keep saying “you’re feelings get hurt” and whatnot, yet you just fought with your life to defend undermining artist cuz someone else made a thread about it being weirdo behavior. And you’re the only one in here doing it might I add

Definition of deflection

They're just angry cause they probably make these kinds of posts.

• Again, your making it too personal. No one shitting on a group’s performance ACTUALLY cares about that group failing. It’s 100% fandom related to get a reaction. It’s the fandom aspect of kpop and shouldn’t be taken as a personal attack on idols (hence why i said having a emotional connection is the problem).

I don't care since I'm not a stan but looking at it from an outside perspective, obviously those people who do it to get a reaction have nothing better to do is all. Of course someone can dislike and maybe point out that a group is not doing that well since they're free to but at some point you have to turn around and question, it's only the "fandom aspect of Kpop" because people don't question how it's strange to jump at a group to constantly be negative

• It is because a lot of kpop fans seem to think their faves' success is theirs and enjoy bragging about it in ways that, a lot of times, gets pretty obnoxious.

So when their faves underperform some people jump on the occasion to point it out because they know it will hurt their pride.

• It’s funny how you keep saying “you’re feelings get hurt” and whatnot, yet you just fought with your life to defend undermining artist cuz someone else made a thread about it being weirdo behavior. And you’re the only one in here doing it might I add

Definition of deflection

“undermining artist”

Your not even making sense anymore. Pointing out the objective truth that a group isn’t selling well or charting well isn’t “undermining artist”. It’s telling the truth. If the truth upsets you, then you’re emotionally invested and irrational.

• “undermining artist”

Your not even making sense anymore. Pointing out the objective truth that a group isn’t selling well or charting well isn’t “undermining artist”. It’s telling the truth. If the truth upsets you, then you’re emotionally invested and irrational.

I made total sense, you’re either playing dumb or are actually dumb to not see that

And funny of you to say “objective truth”, when half the time it’s just trolls & haters who would scream it whether the artist flopped or not cuz they don’t like the artist & want to get a reaction from the fandom

Not liking something =/= them flopping. And even if they were, it’s still creepy as hell to have a fiesta about it

I don’t have to be emotionally invested in an artist to be annoyed by it or think it’s weird. Hell half the time I don’t even know the artist like that let alone stan them, but it’s still obnoxious seeing idiots hyping up threads about it

Like what did you do today that makes you less of a flop then the artist you’re claiming flopped? Nothing I’m sure

• I don't care since I'm not a stan but looking at it from an outside perspective, obviously those people who do it to get a reaction have nothing better to do is all. Of course someone can dislike and maybe point out that a group is not doing that well since they're free to but at some point you have to turn around and question, it's only the "fandom aspect of Kpop" because people don't question how it's strange to jump at a group to constantly be negative

We’re literally posting on a kpop forum, obviously we have nothing better to do with our time lmao. I don’t see much difference in wasting time from what you just posted and someone taunting a fandom by calling their group flops. People get their enjoyment how they get their enjoyment.

And yes you’re right, but it’s been a pillar of fandom culture for years and even if majority of ppl stopped doing it, it would never fully be eradicated cause you can’t really police ppl on the internet. Especially when kpop stans tend to get emotionally invested and willing to fight online for korean idols half-way across the world.

It’s unrealistic to think the solution to the problem is as simple as “we should call out the weird behavior”

• It is because a lot of kpop fans seem to think their faves' success is theirs and enjoy bragging about it in ways that, a lot of times, gets pretty obnoxious.

So when their faves underperform some people jump on the occasion to point it out because they know it will hurt their pride.

10/10, the people who jump to do that are haters themselves who don’t like the artist & need “humbling the fandom” as an optical justification to show out

• We’re literally posting on a kpop forum, obviously we have nothing better to do with our time lmao. I don’t see much difference in wasting time from what you just posted and someone taunting a fandom by calling their group flops. People get their enjoyment how they get their enjoyment.

And yes you’re right, but it’s been a pillar of fandom culture for years and even if majority of ppl stopped doing it, it would never fully be eradicated cause you can’t really police ppl on the internet. Especially when kpop stans tend to get emotionally invested and willing to fight online for korean idols half-way across the world.

It’s unrealistic to think the solution to the problem is as simple as “we should call out the weird behavior”

If calling artist flops is your idea of enjoyment (and doing it constantly & proudly at that), then that’s pathetic, like I said

• I don’t have to be emotionally invested in an artist to be annoyed by it or think it’s weird. Hell half the time I don’t even know the artist like that let alone stan them, but it’s still obnoxious seeing idiots hyping up threads about it

You kinda do, because if you weren’t you’d ignore it and go on about you day, but here you are, creating a thread to argue about how “annoyed” you are that anon people online with nothing better to do are insulting your faves.

• We’re literally posting on a kpop forum, obviously we have nothing better to do with our time lmao. I don’t see much difference in wasting time from what you just posted and someone taunting a fandom by calling their group flops. People get their enjoyment how they get their enjoyment.

It depends on perspective I guess, I'm not here to spend my time being negative which is a good enough reason for me to believe I'm not wasting my time. True it is unrealistic, there's not really a full solution to this which is why it's best to stay away from being involved in fandom culture. But, it's also fair for people involved in it to disagree with it and fair to call people out for their bs if they wish, which people should expect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• You kinda do, because if you weren’t you’d ignore it and go on about you day, but here you are, creating a thread to argue about how “annoyed” you are that anon people online with nothing better to do are insulting your faves.

At this point, if you say so bruh

I’d rather be the emotionally attached fan who isn’t interested in seeing groups get shitted on, then being a pathetic loser who gets hyped over the idea of an artist flopping as self satisfaction

I still said what I said at the end of the day. Not my fault you got offended by it cuz it hit home for you lol

• People who get satisfaction and joy from other people's misfortunes will forever be pathetic and weak. Then you add the fact that said people behind the safety of their devices, it's bottom feeding mentality.

• I swear nothing is funnier than calling out the toxic/negative behaviors of certain stans in a general sense, and specific users basically outing themselves as examples cuz they felt some type of way about the call out

:laughs:

• Everything Lubby said, and also, I think "flop" should be "relative to expectations."

Like when a lot of idols starting going solo, people would call everyone a flop when they weren't hitting Taeyeon's sales... She's literally one of the best selling and charting soloists. The threshold for "flop" can't be "if you didn't set a new record, you failed."

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I swear nothing is funnier than calling out the toxic/negative behaviors of certain stans in a general sense, and specific users basically outing themselves as examples cuz they felt some type of way about the call out

:laughs:

Show me where i ever said a group was flopping?

I’ll wait :pepe-clown-gear:

• Show me where i ever said a group was flopping?

I’ll wait :pepe-clown-gear:

Obviously I’m not gonna dig through history, but let’s be real bruh, we all know you have done it multiple times

With that said, even if you have never called a group a flop before (which you have), getting this defensive over the topic at the very least outs you as a suspect for being that type

So best case scenario, you seem like the type to do it. Worst case scenario, you are exactly the type to do it

Which one is it

• More like you have no idea what your talking about and look like a clown. It’s very easy to search by user and key word flop. I’m guessing you did and saw i haven’t.

But go off i guess. Imagine thinking you know someone’s post history just cause they called you out...... Real clown behavior :clown:

• More like you have no idea what your talking about and look like a clown. It’s very easy to search by user and key word flop. I’m guessing you did and saw i haven’t.

But go off i guess. Imagine thinking you know someone’s post history just cause they called you out......

Well I’m not wasting my time doing it anyway. Even if you never used the specific word flop, you still have gotten hard on’s for the idea of a group doing it

And either way, it still doesn’t absolve you from how you got so defensive over the topic. If it doesn’t apply to you, why get so triggered over it to race to almost be the first reply? If it didn’t apply to you, you wouldn’t care on either side

I don’t even have to know prior, you basically outed yourself with your behavior here. Which means it’s only a matter of time until you do it again

• People use the term just because they dislike someone now.

For example, someone on here said Lisa failed in every way even though she had the biggest selling female K pop solo of all time, and could even hit a million sales.

The word has become meaningless.

• I want to ask one thing : What's wrong in calling something a flop if it's actually flopping?

1. Is it actually flopping? Cuz most of the time it’s unrealistic standards haters put so they could find justification to do so

2. There’s a difference between saying it normally, and basically having a festival over it

• Which means it’s only a matter of time until you do it again

You actually sound like a psychopath. When presented with evidence that your whole analysis of me is 100% wrong, you STILL double down and claim i’ve called groups flops.

Maybe admit you are wrong like an adult and realize for me it’s about the principle. It’s a kpop forums, users should be able to talk about kpop, whether that is negative opinions or positive opinions. If you don’t like that, then get off the forums, join a fan club, or only look at your faves guild.

But to want to police whether kpop fans can say whether a group is performing well or underperforming is craziness.

• You actually sound like a psychopath. When presented with evidence that your whole analysis of me is 100% wrong, you STILL double down and claim i’ve called groups flops.

Maybe admit you are wrong like an adult and realize for me it’s about the principle. It’s a kpop forums, users should be able to talk about kpop, whether that is negative opinions or positive opinions. If you don’t like that, then get off the forums, join a fan club, or only look at your faves guild.

But to want to police whether kpop fans can say whether a group is performing well or underperforming is craziness.

What evidence? All you said is you didn’t do it. That means nothing

And do you have marbles for brains? I never said people can’t make threads/posts about groups being flops. I’m very well aware that being an airheaded jealous loser is a right. I however, also have the right to call it out as weirdo behavior

It’s funny how you play the freedom of speech card, but I say something on the topic that let’s be real hit personally to you, and you want to play the authoritive dictator who wants to silence someone by telling them to get lost card. See how you further get outed?

But you deflecting your insecurities onto others isn’t a surprise, as I’ve already pointed out on this thread

Basically you can miss me with the “I have no side, I just care about the principle to free speech” bull crap cuz no one said otherwise. You clearly are of the demographic called out on this thread, you didn’t like that, therefore you’re in here running a muck

I wasn’t born yesterday

Edited 2 times, last by Lubby00 ().

• Exactly lmao

• Btw I am not above this critique. I had a past of doing stuff like this too (mostly as retaliation towards the fandoms who started with my faves first) & it wasn’t cute on bit

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!