So people ignore BTS's hits post-Spring Day for this odd reason.

• Too often have I seen this opinion floating through the K-pop community:

"BTS don't have a representative song/national hit, because they don't have that one song that catapulted them into top group status or jumpstarted their career."

Above is just a generalized example. But why do some people think this?

They’ve never been the typical idol group that got shot into stardom with one song, or a typical group period.

They don’t have a Gee/Cheer Up/Whistle/Growl/Dalla Dalla/Empty/My Type/Fire (or even an Up & Down/Me Gustas Tu/Bboom Bboom), mainly because they didn’t debut with as much fanfare as other past and current top groups (or were noticed due to a viral moment). And when their entire career has been one giant growth pattern, it makes even less sense to ignore them. They essentially re-define their career with every album, so…

They had some good album sales, but digitals didn’t become their strength IMO until FIRE.

Even before then, they got nominated on Inkigayo with Boy in Luv (Feb 2014) and won 5 music show trophies each with INU (Apr 2015) and RUN (Nov 2015). You can’t win many music shows without some kind of digitals, fan-streamed or streamed by the public.

Then came 2016. FIRE and especially Blood Sweat & Tears (1st two BTS song to get an all-kill) were what put them undeniably into top group status.

But BTS didn’t stop there, their kind of success didn’t peak with one song or album. While some groups never reach the heights of that one song, BTS match and sometimes surpass themselves. By a large margin.

So when BTS released 5 more consecutive massive hits IN A ROW (Spring Day, DNA, FAKE LOVE, IDOL, and Boy With Luv), I think people gave up trying to box them in. Then they leveled up further and released the monster known as Dynamite. Butter looks like it’s going to be something huge on its own as well.

Some of their lesser hits like INU, ON, and LGO did well overall, too (contrary to what some biased people will spew). They have an unpromoted single that has seen unforeseen success in their Savage Love Remix, and even b-sides that charted like title tracks (Mikrokosmos, Go Go, I’m Fine, Moon, Mic Drop, Make It Right, Filter, Friends, Zero O’ Clock, and The Truth Untold). And I haven’t even started talking about international statistics either.

The hits they do have are so huge that people look ridiculous trying to discount every song released after Spring Day as unimportant to their career or to K-pop’s growth. Staying stuck in 2016-17 is denying reality.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 2 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• MassiveKpopFan

Changed the title of the thread from “So people ignore BTS” to “So people ignore BTS's hits post-Spring Day for this odd reason.”.
  • well SD is my fav kpop song so I'm still stuck in SD era lol

(but then again I haven't listened to much from them so disregard my comment)

• Even chartmasters admin say BTS don't have one representative hit. They have countless mega hits. Fire which never reached number one is used at hype events and on tv so many times.

And they keep outdoing their previous hit every next year lol. So that's better. Keep outdoing again and again with next hit. Hoping butter become a big smash and end up higher in ifpi than dynamite!

• YES. LOUDER.

idk, they also have some sort of hate boner to the point they monitor butter charting in k charts and elsewhere and make threads. creepy!

i wish butter will get more paks just for my own satisfaction. i'll see then threads saying paks in new system are easy. :pepepizza:

• YES. LOUDER.

idk, they also have some sort of hate boner to the point they monitor butter charting in k charts and elsewhere and make threads. creepy!

i wish butter will get more paks just for my own satisfaction. i'll see then threads saying paks in new system are easy. :pepepizza:

If it's so easy, 610 is the new standard.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Even chartmasters admin say BTS don't have one representative hit. They have countless mega hits. Fire which never reached number one is used at hype events and on tv so many times.

And they keep outdoing their previous hit every next year lol. So that's better. Keep outdoing again and again with next hit. Hoping butter become a big smash and end up higher in ifpi than dynamite!

I was actually gonna mention Chartmasters in my OP, but I figured someone would mention it.

Kpop fans be saying all this shit only to have BTS ironically release the biggest global hit from an Asian group by far.

Clowns only :pepe-clown-gear:

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Official Post

OP deserves to be framed and placed in the Hall of Receipts. :pepe-smug:

Massive spilled like never before and I'm here for this tea. :pepe-toast:

Best part is that BTS's career isn't a one hit wonder. BTS's career is several hits in a row, with b-sides slaying more than others' title tracks. You just can't label them. The name speaks for itself.

The genre is BTS :pepe-use-head:

• Tempted to mark this as best answer, let's see who else replies.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Fire was actually their first Realtime All-Kill

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ChY1fMnU4AAcR38.jpg

• Fire was actually their first Realtime All-Kill

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ChY1fMnU4AAcR38.jpg

I didn't know that, wow. Thank you!

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!