Why don’t we

• Why don’t we just take all those old gen stans ,who are obviously stuck in the past and can’t understand that the times are changing, and put them into an Allkpop forum’s old people‘s home section so that they can discuss why BTS or Blackpink will never be bigger than anyone else and why the 2nd gen is the best and everyone is wrong until the end of time.

*obviously a joke*

• I thought at first you were talking about that one boygroup.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I thought at first you were talking about that one boygroup.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

accidentally promoted them

• Which 2nd gen group/solo is even bigger than these 2 groups? Some groups were/are, maybe, bigger than BP in SoKor during their era but I don’t think any group from 2nd gen was/is bigger than them internationally. Having said that, only delusional stans would say certain groups from 2nd gen were/are bigger than BTS, be it locally or internationally. They can believe whatever they want, but impact and numbers don’t lie. :siptear:

• Which 2nd gen group/solo is even bigger than these 2 groups? Some groups were/are, maybe, bigger than BP in SoKor during their era but I don’t think any group from 2nd gen was/is bigger than them internationally. Having said that, only delusional stans would say certain groups from 2nd gen were/are bigger than BTS, be it locally or internationally. They can believe whatever they want, but impact and numbers don’t lie. :siptear:

Exactly no one is denying their success but when you compare it, the 3rd gen would obviously win. Also funny how a lot of 2nd gen hardcore stans still think international stans and western validation are useless. I am a kpop stan since 2nd gen and I do not understand these people.

• Why don’t we just take all those old gen stans ,who are obviously stuck in the past and can’t understand that the times are changing, and put them into an Allkpop forum’s old people‘s home section so that they can discuss why BTS or Blackpink will never be bigger than anyone else and why the 2nd gen is the best and everyone is wrong until the end of time.

*obviously a joke*

Victorian brass band oppas paved the way :teeheek:

*obviously a joke*

Image result for staring gif

Don't mind me over here being lowkey excited I am a 1st gen stan who also loves/stans newer groups.

No but seriously older stans can love older groups without being toxic and new stans can love new groups without being toxic too. :wellr: I do not understand the generation wars.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Are I'm the only one who don't care about Generation at all for me Kpop is Kpop it doesn't matter from what year the group or the song come from :|:|:|

I literally don’t get the whole concept of gens. It is also like saying all these old groups are automatically over once their gen ended which is not true.

• Why don't we support some new 4th gen groups?

STREAM!

To stay on topic that's not bad idea! :teeheek:

• This is really something only Kpop have. Or did someone say Eminem is from the 2nd Gen of Hiphop and Dr Dre is from 1st Gen of HipHop :|:|:|

If anyone said this to the rappers I worked with, they would have laughed you out of the building. Most of the nice rappers were the older ones and the young ones tend to be not so nice (There were exceptions to the rule on both sides). So, saying they should have retired because they were past their "era" was funny and quite insulting to them. I can imagine it is insulting when people say that to Rain and Lee Hyori too.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• If anyone said this to the rappers I worked with, they would have laughed you out of the building. Most of the nice rappers were the older ones and the young ones tend to be not so nice (There were exceptions to the rule on both sides). So, saying they should have retired because they were past their "era" was funny and quite insulting to them. I can imagine it is insulting when people say that to Rain and Lee Hyori too.

Yep, in other genres, generations don't make sense; waves or trends would be more appropriate.

Take Metallica, they're still the biggest metal act in the world and they've been around for 40 years. Doesn't mean there has been no popular new bands and genres since then.

• Yep, in other genres, generations don't make sense; waves or trends would be more appropriate.

Take Metallica, they're still the biggest metal act in the world and they've been around for 40 years. Doesn't mean there has been no popular new bands and genres since then.

Yesss amazing example, I have loved Metalica for a long time I have an original print of Garage Inc that I found at an garage sale in a spin of sure luck a few years back.

To be honest, If someone walked up to them and said they were past their era. They would laugh in their face and have them removed from their shows.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• People need to accept that 2nd gen paved the way :pepe-toast:

Image result for eye blink gif

Bruh, I love 2nd gen and understand they paved the way for like Japan further after BoA but otherwise 3rd gen truly revolutionized the west movement. Part of me would love to pretend the 1st two gens are the reason that these groups are where they are and they owe them everything, but I cannot discredit the 3rd gen because of how much more they blew up K-pop. You cannot deny the 3rd gen truly monopolized the world by taking the foundation from the second gen and improving on it.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Yesss amazing example, I have loved Metalica for a long time I have an original print of Garage Inc that I found at an garage sale in a spin of sure luck a few years back.

To be honest, If someone walked up to them and said they were past their era. They would laugh in their face and have them removed from their shows.

If I have the opportunity to walk up to Metallica, I'd make a snarky comment about Lars and his drumming and he'd slap me with wads of money.

*truth is I'd probably be too starstruck to say anything coherent

• If I have the opportunity to walk up to Metallica, I'd make a snarky comment about Lars and his drumming and he'd slap me with wads of money.

*truth is I'd probably be too starstruck to say anything coherent

Image result for money slap gif

*disclaimer: this is an reenactment not actual footage of the event*

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Official Post

The thing is for 2nd gen fans is that they don't want newer gen fans to keep discrediting their 2nd gen fave's achievements.

Yeah, newer gen groups achieved much bigger & better things than 2nd gen groups but please don't make it seem that 2nd gen groups did nothing for kpop as a whole.

*obviously a joke*

Ehh, I just like older groups in general because I think the music is better.

If I cared about achievements I would join the rest of the success stans.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• This is really something only Kpop have. Or did someone say Eminem is from the 2nd Gen of Hiphop and Dr Dre is from 1st Gen of HipHop :|:|:|

I'm not so sure.

When it comes to generations, people talk about 'millennials', 'Generation X', 'boomers', 'Gen Z' and those are clearly generations.

And this concept of separate eras, whether you call it 'generation' or something else, is something that you see in history, like when there was a Golden Age or the Restoration, and you see it in culture and music too, where you have hippies, punk, grunge, New jack swing etc etc.

Doesn't mean that outside those time periods you won't encounter music like that anymore, but there are times where those trends and groups upholding it dominated the scene.

In K-pop, the term 'generation' has grown to be used to indicate when groups that debuted within a certain timeperiod dominated the K-pop scene.

And the reason why it appears to be 5-10 years, is due to K-pop contracts that were/are 7-10 years.

Of course, the whole use of 'generations' in K-pop is sort of a grown, collective consensus. But the same applies to how generations and eras in history, cultural history and popular opinion become defined.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I’m that old person who prefers 2nd Gen, it’s the era I become a fan and imo the music was better. The music of now doesn’t interest me as much. I don’t mind being stuck in a time warp. Fans should be fans no matter what the era.

• Hmmm True I don't thought about this :/

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!