Posts by BlackCat

Actually fiesta did do 5 weeks top10 on melon and 4 on gaon. But yes overall izone was a digitally week group for a gg. Fandom hard carried.

Then I stand corrected, but it's not like that changes everything. They were still a digitally flop group.

Digitally weak for a GG? Wut?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You talk about stream inflation, ULs, GP and whatnot whenever you want to downplay BTS or other boygroups, where's that energy now? You're such a hypocrite. And I know then that you hate BTS for achieving things that, most of the time, only girlgroups can but I can't believe you're exposing yourself like this. Jokes do write themselves.

PS: Next time you want to come for BTS or any boygroups about fandom streaming, ULs, GP, and whatever shit you can think of - think about your disbanded faves first.

Iirc, didn't you make a thread about Izone's digital performance referencing Gaon? How they were being underestimated by lots without knowing their digital points on, again, Gaon? It's funny how you keep changing your narrative to fit whatever lie you're pushing.

Base on your statement, then it's safe to say that Izone was a digitally flop group - disregarding their digital points on Gaon since when did they crack top 10 of Melon, again? Right, never. And this was even during the easiest times to rank on the said chart. They moved like a boygroup where everything they achieved were fandom driven. The same shit you casually spew against boygroups. Like, how can you even sell hundreds of thousands of albums without charting on the most relevant chart in SK?

I guess, you only use Gaon if it fits your narrative to boost whatever achievement your faves barely have and disregard everything about it just to downplay BTS. Keep it cute.

Probably the first time I'm agreeing with you. Like, no one in kpop is touching her vocally, technique wise (because tone is subjective). The ones you posted weren't even her bests.

These are my faves from her, she ate these Mariah songs, ngl.

External Content youtu.be

An original song, I love this one.

It's funny how I discovered her through you. :cryingr:

You act like Jin and V jimin and Junkkook don't exist but OK ^^ BTS has one of the best visual line in whole of K-pop.

I really tried to like BTS, I really tried... but that shit sounds bland af

Don't hate on me, you are being too aggressive. it's just my unbiased subjective opinion. Everyone is allowed to share their opinion. 99% of bigbang music isn't even loud it's chill, I recommend checking out their discography, you might end up stanning them, Peace. ✌

Did you even read what I wrote? If you did, you'd know I practically adressed your "best visual line" argument because I knew you were going to mention them. Or did I dream 2016 year end gayo when Jungkook got insulted for his acnes? It even trended, iirc. Or Jimin being fat? There's a reason why some of them avoided social media for quite some time. They were never considered to have one of the "best visual line". The revisionism. :boredr:

I agree about Bigabang they are the kings of K-pop in South Korea. BTS is successful and all and that's good for K-pop in general, they are helping the economy, but Let's be real if BTS wasn't huge internationally they wouldn't be recognised for their music, because their music is not special like bigbang. I am not sure about TVXQ they were cool and did well for awhile I like Mirotic and that's it...

"They wouldn't be recognized for their music, because their music is not special like bigbang."

Considering this group you're talking about was not from the Big3, why do you think they got big? Visuals? Not when they were called ugly during their early years. The Baekhyun wannabe, or the ugly Rap Monster, or the fat Jimin, or the pimple infested Jungkook. But even then - they got big. They got recognized. Why? Because of their music and that's something hard to swallow for other kpoppies like you.

Let's not even talk about music being special because I feel the same away about BB's music - bland, loud, and mediocre; nothing special. The thing is, there are more people who appreciates the tannies' music more than your 2nd gen faves. It's not even debatable atp.

Btw, Time magazine literally called them The Princes of Pop. :siptear:

Full offense, but a 40+ year old man hating on groups getting recognition because his old faves are being forgotten by the public is such a pathetic behaviour. Like, you're on your mid-life to twilight zone yet you are here devoting your time hating on groups that have surpassed your faves instead of cherishing your numbered moments with your family. It's sad and pitiful. I know you're a troll but that doesn't excuse your disgusting behaviour. Idc if this is a bannable offense but I said what I said.

Ngl, I'm loving the meltdowns on twt right now. And these tweets? :angryr::cryingr:

And that's ok. We just view things differently. For me, in my humble opinion, singing a song not different from a demo is like tracing somebody's drawing and I don't think there's anything artistic about it. It can be said though that one is technically skilled, but that's just my view.

You kind of did though? We are talking about the analogy. And the analogy is based on a good actor and a good singer. A good singer has their interpretation of a songwriter’s vision and a good actor has their interpretation of the director and script writers vision.

There are actors who don’t really add much and singer who don’t really add much and that’s not really particularly relevant to the analogy itself.

Clearly when we talk we are all talking about our own favs whom we consider skilled.

Yes, we are talking about the analogy on a thread whether to call idols artists or not. So my whole argument is solely based on that premise.

I'm not talking about my favs, particularly. I was talking about idols who sing songs based on a demo. Now if you believe that they have the power to interpret the song differently from the demo then let's just agree to disagree. If we were talking about a different industry and not kpop then I would have agreed with you.

Same can also be said about the degree at which idols are writers. Usually credited along with many producers. Unclear on how much they contributed. Getting credits even for a few verses . And unlike many other true song writers they release music like clocks work dozens upon dozens of songs a year etc.

So yeah sure skill is an important component of judging artistry. But this is true for singing as much as it is for song writing.

Like what I have said before, I agree with the sentiment of the majority. I just don't agree with the actor analogy because they have more freedom when it comes to interpretation.

Actors can definitely get guidance from the script as well as the director. Songs can be reinterpreted by different singers.

Dolly Parton's version of Jolene is not the same as Miley Cyrus's version of Jolene and it's not the same as Jack White's version of Jolene.

We are talking about idols here, aren't we? I acknowledge musical reinterpretation but that is a luxury idols can barely get their hands on and that is not the same with their actor counterparts.

PS: I Will Always Love You is the best example that OG versions aren't always the best.

I mean you are very much an author if you've written a short story. That sounds like something a gatekeeping asshole would say.

I mean if singers aren't artists then I guess actors aren't either cause they're just reading something someone wrote. Neither are musicians in orchestras or ballerinas.

I mean, I agree with you but the actor analogy is just not it. Some singers, especially those who don't write/compose their own songs, have demos while actors do not have a "guideline" on how to act a certain scene from a script. Like, you can give a scene to different actors and they'll be performing differently.