“Woke” Kpop Twitter is a side of the Internet I’ll never want to be part of

• Like does anyone remember that one person who went on a NCT online fanmeet, and instead of having a fun interaction with them & letting them see how much they (I think it was a she, I forgot) supported them, they blew that opportunity to “educate” them on cultural appropriation & whatnot, even going to Shotaro about it who pretty much just joined NCT

And with Girls Planet 999, some Twitter stans are trying to cancel Ruiqi over a past post saying she was going black face, and whole time it was an explosion filter :clown: did they recognize that and apologize for the false accusation? Nope they kept spreading the lie anyway, no accountability whatsoever

If I’m down that badly, there will be no need for me to stan Kpop anymore cuz that is too much

It’s like no matter what entertaining escape you go to, these types of people will always appear & it’s annoying. Annoying SJWs who want to be advocates so badly that they do toxic stuff, even as far as bullying, & use it under the guise of being woke

• Lubby00

Changed the title of the thread from “Woke Kpop Twitter is a side of the Internet I’ll never want to be part of” to ““Woke” Kpop Twitter is a side of the Internet I’ll never want to be part of”.
  • So don't be part of it? It's easy to stay away from Twitter.

Me lol. I don't use twitter. If it makes you unhappy don't be on it. Only like 22% of Americans use Twitter anyways.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So don't be part of it? It's easy to stay away from Twitter.

Lol of course I’m not gonna stay away from Twitter as a whole (that’s where all the funny shit is at), or even Kpop Twitter. It’s just that “those kinds” seem to be rampant in all spaces & it’s cringe. Like I want to spazz about my faves without seeing you go on your “education” rants :pepeshock:

• Lol of course I’m not gonna stay away from Twitter as a whole (that’s where all the funny shit is at), or even Kpop Twitter. It’s just that “those kinds” seem to be rampant in all spaces & it’s cringe. Like I want to spazz about my faves without seeing you go on your “education” rants :pepeshock:

I gave you the solution. If you choose to ignore that advice, or choose to engage with Kpop Twitter, then you're opening yourself up to whatever lives in those spaces that annoys you. That's completely your fault really.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I gave you the solution. If you choose to ignore that advice, or choose to engage with Kpop Twitter, then you're opening yourself up to whatever lives in those spaces that annoys you. That's completely your fault really.

Meh, me being the “normal” type giving them the platform only makes their actions feel legitimized so naw

Also it’s an annoying aspect on Kpop Twitter, but is not one exclusive to Kpop Twitter. The woke police be everywhere on it, and now that I mention it TikTok as well

Edit: B4 anyone thinks I’m some right winger, ewk absolutely not, definitely left wing. Just not a fan of the toxic types that seem to be growing more & more

• For once I agree with you. Many people, including me are afraid of saying their opinions on some things such as cultural appropriation about their own cultures.

Most people who even accuse CA don't actually care for that culture and don't do proper research on the matter.

One time there was this time when people were accusing this group of doing CA of Indian culture because they were wearing Indian Jewelry(which btw is a type of jewelry that did not have any cultural significance).

One of the commentors who was Indian said it was not CA and they got a lot of comments saying "You are betraying your own culture" "Just because you don't think it is offensive doesn't mean it is offensive" "You are a disgrace to real Indians" etc.

Pretty sure they weren't Indians because every single Indian that was born in India or was at least educated on Indian culture knows that what they wore wasn't something that was religious/cultural.

• And with Girls Planet 999, some Twitter stans are trying to cancel Ruiqi over a past post saying she was going black face, and whole time it was an explosion filter :clown: did they recognize that and apologize for the false accusation? Nope they kept spreading the lie anyway, no accountability whatsoever

this.... the kpop community on twitter very excitedly throws around accusations and cancels people, but when the accusations turn out to be false there's no apology or clean up of the person's reputation, it's just like "sorry we were wrong and ruined your career over nothing! oopsie our bad!"

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• Explosion filter or ash face have a history of being used to mimic black face in shows/cartoons so people seeing the similarities isn't bad?

Naw it is if you’re picking on a specific person for using that filter at all, let alone throwing racism accusations just because they used it knowing very well they (likely) didn’t even have that thought on their mind

It makes it seem as tho you can’t even mess around on apps without some westerner (who likely is a white savior type instead of an actual POC) can equate that with black people & find that as a justified opportunity to bash said idol

• well I always say you can do whatever you want to....it's called having the freedom to do whatever

if you want to cancel someone for whatever reason do it..it's perfectly within your rights...just as if you want to defend someone you can do that as well...

and if you get enough people to agree with you to cause enough of a stir...it's that democracy? or the court of public opinion?

• Me lol. I don't use twitter. If it makes you unhappy don't be on it. Only like 22% of Americans use Twitter anyways.

Nope

42 %

U.S. Twitter reach by age group 2021 | Statista
    In February 2021, it was found that 42 percent of adults in the United States aged between 18 and 29 years used Twitter.
    www.statista.com

Twitter used to be interesting but since a lot of kpop artists use it, crayyyzy “fans” use it too. And this woke thing is…yikes

Don’t get me started on reddit

• Naw it is if you’re picking on a specific person for using that filter at all, let alone throwing racism accusations just because they used it knowing very well they (likely) didn’t even have that thought on their mind

It makes it seem as tho you can’t even mess around on apps without some westerner (who likely is a white savior type instead of an actual POC) can equate that with black people & find that as a justified opportunity to bash said idol

i see but intent doesn't equal impact.

did she know the filter resembled black face? probably not. but people were offended.

and to me and many others, the lines between ignorance and racism are one and the same.

racism isn't and will never be excused by ignorance.

did the ruiqi situation offend me? no.

but am i going to dismiss others who do have a problem with it? no.

anti-blackness is everywhere, and if people want to call it out they should.

• 42% is the stats for the age group between 18 and 29

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!