Lovesick girls is a National HIT.

• Both lsg and HYLT are big smash hits but i think the true national hit of bp is 4D that song literally recreate the whole girl group genre

D4 is their breakthrough song (they are already popular since debut but D4 just elevated them to another level). It is hard for their newer release to have similar effect as they are already huge now. Unless another game changer which propel them to a whole new level

• D4 is their breakthrough song (they are already popular since debut but D4 just elevated them to another level). It is hard for their newer release to have similar effect as they are already huge now. Unless another game changer which propel them to a whole new level

now lsg eleveated them in korea and hylt internationally

• SD longevity back in the day was very different nowadays, chart back in 2017-2018 is very fast moving. Only SD, EDEM, TTN can be seen as a national hits by that standard. However, the new chart changes a lot, 60% of top 100 is more than half a year old, 40% of them is at least 1 year old, which is significantly compared back to 2017-2019 chart. LSG is huge hit but not to say it is level of SD yet.

• SD longevity back in the day was very different nowadays, chart back in 2017-2018 is very fast moving. Only SD, EDEM, TTN can be seen as a national hits by that standard. However, the new chart changes a lot, 60% of top 100 is more than half a year old, 40% of them is at least 1 year old, which is significantly compared back to 2017-2019 chart. LSG is huge hit but not to say it is level of SD yet.

That's basically my point, we can't compare songs from different climate bc if we talk about fast moving then the charts pre-2016 was even more fast moving than 2016-2018 (Melon's peaked eras) Songs charting more than a year at that time was very unheard of meaning very rare as it usually happens to seasonal songs only. That's why most of the longevity records happened in 3rd gen but that doesn't mean, 3rd gen's national hits are superrior than the previous generations. Leads me to my other point that we should only basing the songs success to the current climate. People bringing up LSG's "poor uls" as if 99% of the songs since the reform is getting the same amount of uls, when everyone even IU affected by the decrease of uls. Then they tell you, chart system is different before and now which is true buuuuut LSG has very poor uls so it can't be a national hit coz it's not getting 700k uls daily average for 3 weeks like D4, who is getting 700k uls now? Only IU for few days and dynamite for like a day or 2? These people doesn't even know that LSG has a total amount of uls (the last time i checked) as the Refund Sisters song aka the song with the highest daily uls recorded (almost reached 1M uls on 2nd day) since the reform. Then comparing it to dynamite, as if dynamite is not one of the biggest, if not the biggest song in kpop history based on chart performance (considering only the current climate ofc) and media coverage (maybe 2nd to GS only) is kinda unfair for BlackPink. We can't judge if a song is a national hit by comparing it to another national hits especially not with songs like Dynamite or Gangnam Style coz if that's the case, then no idol group from before and in the present would be considered as national hit since it didn't do well as good as dynamite or gangnam style. Also, unless there's a rule saying only 1 national hit at a time which by the way, there's none then we can have 2 or more national hits at the same time, afterall koreans has diverse taste in music. Go figure!

Also I have to point out that I only brought up Spring Day bc it's the song from 3rd gen that undeniably became a national hit based on longevity. I'm not here to compare the 2 but if you want me to tell you, LSG at the same time is doing better than SD, daily average uls and charts position wise. Anyway as I am saying, SD doesn't have the biggest daily average uls, nor it dominate or oblirate the competition nor had the media coverage during its time wc is btw, LSG was getting media buzz but ofc not comparable to dynamite obv.. but yeah LSG should never be considered as one bc iTs LonGevItY iS SoLely Bc oF tHe New MeLoN ChaRt sYstEm.. Meanwhile on Flo

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did Flo changed their chart system recently too?

LSG have broken the longevity records on Melon during the time where every other kpop group songs besides dynamite struggles to enter the top 10 chart. LSG deserves better credit than this!

• That's basically my point, we can't compare songs from different climate bc if we talk about fast moving then the charts pre-2016 was even more fast moving than 2016-2018 (Melon's peaked eras) Songs charting more than a year at that time was very unheard of meaning very rare as it usually happens to seasonal songs only. That's why most of the longevity records happened in 3rd gen but that doesn't mean, 3rd gen's national hits are superrior than the previous generations. Leads me to my other point that we should only basing the songs success to the current climate. People bringing up LSG's "poor uls" as if 99% of the songs since the reform is getting the same amount of uls, then they tell you, chart system is different before and now which is true buuuuut LSG has very poor uls so it can't be a national hit. These people doesn't even know that LSG has a total amount of uls in Melon as the Refund Sisters song aka the song with the highest daily uls since the reform. Then comparing it to dynamite, as if dynamite is not one of the biggest, if not the biggest song in kpop history based on chart performance (considering only the current climate ofc) and media coverage (maybe 2nd to GS only) is kinda unfair for BlackPink. We can't judge if a song is a national hit by comparing it to other national hits especially not with songs like Dynamite or Gangnam Style coz if that's the case, then no idol group from before and now would be considered as nh. Also, unless there's a rule saying only 1 national hit at a time which by the way, there's none then we can have 2 or more national hits at the same time, afterall koreans has diverse taste in music. Go figure!

Also I have to point out that I only brought up Spring Day bc it's the song from 3rd gen that undeniably became a national hit based on longevity. I'm not here to compare the 2 but if you want me to tell you, LSG at the same rate has is doing better than SD. Anyway as I am saying, it doesn't have the biggest daily average uls, nor it dominate or oblirate the competition nor had the media coverage during its time wc is btw, LSG was getting media buzz but ofc not comparable than dynamite.. but yeah LSG should never be considered as one bc iTs LonGevItY iS SoLely Bc oF tHe New MeLoN ChaRt sYstEm.. Meanwhile on Flo

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did Flo changed their chart system recently too?

dont forget this https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1359383972934012928

• Check this out

• That's basically my point, we can't compare songs from different climate bc if we talk about fast moving then the charts pre-2016 was even more fast moving than 2016-2018 (Melon's peaked eras) Songs charting more than a year at that time was very unheard of meaning very rare as it usually happens to seasonal songs only. That's why most of the longevity records happened in 3rd gen but that doesn't mean, 3rd gen's national hits are superrior than the previous generations. Leads me to my other point that we should only basing the songs success to the current climate. People bringing up LSG's "poor uls" as if 99% of the songs since the reform is getting the same amount of uls, then they tell you, chart system is different before and now which is true buuuuut LSG has very poor uls so it can't be a national hit. These people doesn't even know that LSG has a total amount of uls in Melon as the Refund Sisters song aka the song with the highest daily uls since the reform. Then comparing it to dynamite, as if dynamite is not one of the biggest, if not the biggest song in kpop history based on chart performance (considering only the current climate ofc) and media coverage (maybe 2nd to GS only) is kinda unfair for BlackPink. We can't judge if a song is a national hit by comparing it to other national hits especially not with songs like Dynamite or Gangnam Style coz if that's the case, then no idol group from before and now would be considered as nh. Also, unless there's a rule saying only 1 national hit at a time which by the way, there's none then we can have 2 or more national hits at the same time, afterall koreans has diverse taste in music. Go figure!

Also I have to point out that I only brought up Spring Day bc it's the song from 3rd gen that undeniably became a national hit based on longevity. I'm not here to compare the 2 but if you want me to tell you, LSG at the same rate has is doing better than SD. Anyway as I am saying, it doesn't have the biggest daily average uls, nor it dominate or oblirate the competition nor had the media coverage during its time wc is btw, LSG was getting media buzz but ofc not comparable than dynamite.. but yeah LSG should never be considered as one bc iTs LonGevItY iS SoLely Bc oF tHe New MeLoN ChaRt sYstEm.. Meanwhile on Flo

Did Flo changed their chart system recently

that’s why pre 2016, streaming is not strong as currently, you can see many songs released before 2016/2017 easy to get high download than after 2017. However, remember longevity need to be 2,3 years like SD to actually consider as longevity. And also, right now, nearly half of the chart 1 years old on Melon, which means it is hard to tell whether the hits are good enough to seen as national hits. Just please not compare to SD as it is very different. SD also has uls on Melon, stream on Melon and genie to say

• that’s why pre 2016, streaming is not strong as currently, you can see many songs released before 2016/2017 easy to get high download than after 2017. However, remember longevity need to be 2,3 years like SD to actually consider as longevity. And also, right now, nearly half of the chart 1 years old on Melon, which means it is hard to tell whether the hits are good enough to seen as national hits. Just please not compare to SD as it is very different. SD also has uls on Melon, stream on Melon and genie to say

That's why we need to adopt to the changes and not stuck with the old one! The Melon chart during 2nd gen was based mostly on downloads, and streaming later added, while most of the 3rd gen era was based on real time streams, uls and downloads (which was later removed). Now, it's only uls but most of the people here blaming the new system as the reason why LSG stays longer and their fave not entering the top 10.

Longevity doesn't need to take 2 to 3 years of charting, what are you talking about? You sound like all you know is BTS

LSG is few days away to tie the all time longevity records on Melon for girlgroups and it will certainly set a new record at this point. LSG is even doing better in longevity game than D4 at the same rate on other charts, not just on Melon. The other charts are dominated by recent releases btw while the "old songs" you are talking about in Melon is not even competing with LSG in the top 10 chart. The current Melon chart, is the real representation of what majority of the users are listening to, no random system generated playlists and very little to no fandom manipulation.

I'm not comparing lsg to sd, both songs are different, i'm just saying that a song can be considered a national hit based on longevity just like sd back then. LSG spending more than 4 months in Melon top 10, joining dynamite as the only 3rd gen group songs to ever achieved that. And BlackPink joining BTS and BigBang as the only kpop groups to ever achieved that feat, BlackPink deserves better credit that this!

• LSG is not hitting No1 is a big disappointment. Like I said, as the whole MElon chart slow down, and ONLY MELON while Genie still stick to original format and LSG already out of top 10 for a while, it is hard to tell whether it is a national hit or not. The chart situation right now is combined of low uls, low users using, low dynamic of chart due to the chart reform, it is hard to prove anything, I can tell you half of the chart got this national hit already? which is very stupid.

• LSG is not hitting No1 is a big disappointment. Like I said, as the whole MElon chart slow down, and ONLY MELON while Genie still stick to original format and LSG already out of top 10 for a while, it is hard to tell whether it is a national hit or not. The chart situation right now is combined of low uls, low users using, low dynamic of chart due to the chart reform, it is hard to prove anything, I can tell you half of the chart got this national hit already? which is very stupid.

Tell me, are those songs stayed inside the top 10 for straight 17 weeks like LSG?

Don't even start with the arguments of longevity over peaking at #1 coz I can give you a list of #1 songs but failing to enter top 10 weekly chart even for a week.

Just a little over a week ago, LSG was still climbing on Genie top 10, and it's stable at top 15 despite Genie currently being more infested with zoombies fans than before. And as I said, comparing to D4, LSG is doing better longevity wise in ALL PLATFORMS.. so ppl saying that LSG only has longevity bc of the new MELON SYSTEM is WRONG coz other charts remain the same than before!

The Melon chart right now is different due to reformation yet here you are keep on comparing the new system to the old system, instead embracing the new one and start adapting to the changes. Excuses, excuses, it's like talking to a wall! As I said, LSG deserves to be credited but I guess, for some of y'all, it's easier to blame the new system for kpop groups flopping and LSG's record breaking longevity. I have no problem with that actually since it has been proven time and time again that the more yall belittle and downgrade BlackPink, the harder they strive.

• They are not staying in top 10 that long but their uls is only 50k different between an 1 year old song with an 4 months old. So how can you tell whether LSG is more better than them? Chart is slow, uls is low, top 40 uls is only 100k different . I dont see how you say LSG is national hits without letting Blueming, eight, METEOR, When we disco, aloha, dolphin and major of top 40 be national hits?

In this current chart, major of top 40 is national hit. So if you said LSG deserve, then the rest as well. Low uls, uls gap is not much different, not hitting No1 anywhere, wandering in the chart for nearly a year , rise in chart sometimes (major of top 40 goes up and down all the time) like LSG, which makes your claim is irrelevant as we have so many national hits now.

The dynamic of chart system Genie may give you a full picture, combined with 24hrs system charts.

• truly a national hit aka a really really top big hit song

https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1359684142724743168

• They are not staying in top 10 that long but their uls is only 50k different between an 1 year old song with an 4 months old. So how can you tell whether LSG is more better than them? Chart is slow, uls is low, top 40 uls is only 100k different . I dont see how you say LSG is national hits without letting Blueming, eight, METEOR, When we disco, aloha, dolphin and major of top 40 be national hits?

In this current chart, major of top 40 is national hit. So if you said LSG deserve, then the rest as well. Low uls, uls gap is not much different, not hitting No1 anywhere, wandering in the chart for nearly a year , rise in chart sometimes (major of top 40 goes up and down all the time) like LSG, which makes your claim is irrelevant as we have so many national hits now.

The dynamic of chart system Genie may give you a full picture, combined with 24hrs system charts.

Seruously what kind of logic is thisljhdm

First of all, get your fact straight.. LSG actually peaked at #1 on non-ul based charts that contradicts to what you say about it not hitting #1 anywhere and guess what song blocking it from #1? Yeah it's only dynamite, the bigger song and the biggest since the reform. How many times do I have to point out that LSG should be considered national hit for it's record breaking longevity and not bc of its explosive start.

With uls being low rn, a few thousand of uls especially a 50k uls makes a huge difference on charts so stop being stucked on the old chart hag! And with Melon, letting us see the total uls now, these daily uls is now becoming for chart purposes only. I remember, uls starting to hit the lowest, few weeks before dynamite when the #1 song at that time was only getting daily average of 400k - 350k uls. Since then, there's only a total of 3 songs that have reached 3M uls and that's dynamite, LSG and the refund sisters songs aka the song that almost hit 1M listeners in a day. As said, people would've consider RS's song a national hit, if only it had longevity. LSG as the song that haven't reached top 1 nor able to surpassed 700k uls in a day, yet it is able to managed that much uls. So to answer your questions, no, those old songs charting right now won't be considered national hits, most of them haven't even reach 3M listeners despite being a year older and they didn't stay a record breaking weeks on top 10 either while LSG has both the achievements. And trust me, it won't be long enough till reaching 3M uls in few months will be considered a huge achievement in Melon.

Anyway I consider, Blueming, Eight and Meteor to be national hits, they are in the same vein as Akmu's HYLTHB and now BP's LSG. Yeah not all national hits, should've insanely catchy choreo to dance to in public, most national hits outside the kpopsphere are mellow song and ballads. I still stand to what I believed that OST shouldn't be considered national hits. While the other songs you've mentioned doesn't have ground breaking achievements nor insane uls despite for it being released when uls didn't hit that low, also HYLT is bigger and more impactful than both but no, I dont think she is a national hit.

• also imagine saying when we disco is a national hit :angryr: the delusion is off the charts. also hylt is a national hit since it was basically d4's successor

• Well said!!

• When we disco has more uls on Melon and Genie than LSG for now, same for Dolphin.

50k is make different for chart but not for country :)) Do you feel stupid now ? a national hits is NATIONAL , at least get some better number such as total uls rather than uls daily, where at the end, When we disco still have more total uls than LSG. LSG is a huge hit and leave it that way. There is no buzz or any noise, gallup is low percentage. When you say THAT MUCH ULS, it is need to be TOTAL LIFETIME ULS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!