Lovesick girls is a National HIT.

• Too early to call LSG or HYLT a national hit. HYLT had the right peak to be called one but it still needs to rack up some more digital Gaon points. LSG has a big strike against it since it never hit #1 anywhere, but it's longevity is breathtaking. If it breaks the current record of 22 weeks in Melon's Top 10 held by BB's Lies (I know Dynamite has broken it but i dont consider it a "national hit" eligible song), it's going to be really hard to argue against LSG.

And someone said above that national hits need to be era defining or whatever, and to me that's crazy lol. There are literally tens of thousands of songs released in Korea each year. Probably hundreds of thousands. If a song makes it in the top 10-20 songs of the year, that song has already reached the top .001 percentile of Korean songs. Yeah, it's a national hit lol.

• but i dont consider it a "national hit" eligible song

Your opinion is wrong.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• i definitely disagree with ur false opinion. dont expect an entire nation to sing through the night like cheer up . sentimental songs have their own impact. hylt is already the highest peaking gg song of 2020and has the 2nd best longevity after lsg. its already a national hit

uhhh "through the night" was one of the most covered songs of 2017 - so many singers, actors, variety shows etc all sang it and that's the reason why it's also the most streamed song of all time on gaon. "love scenario" also went viral and was covered extensively. what is "lovesick girls" impact besides longevity in top 10 in melon and genie?

• lol yeah

and both of them are slower chill songs so there's no excuse here.

compared to LSG it's a huge flop

ya know after mots7 and on i thought kpoppies would've learned their lesson but looks like they still haven't :wellr:

lgo is not a flop by any means whether its on the kcharts or internationally the fcat that it's still in top 20 despite zero promo is pretty amazing

• uhhh "through the night" was one of the most covered songs of 2017 - so many singers, actors, variety shows etc all sang it and that's the reason why it's also the most streamed song of all time on gaon. "love scenario" also went viral and was covered extensively. what is "lovesick girls" impact besides longevity in top 10 in melon and genie?

idols covered it and its popular on tik tok. might as well stop living under a rock.

impact?lmao if u dont want to look at charts mean then. 08311ebf32a73c3ee9349be3aad93a02.gif

imagine denying an impact a song has in the charts. also its flo not genie. an impact a song has can be clearly seen by what the gp prefers to listen to.

salts these days love embarrassing themselves

• idols covered it and its popular on tik tok. might as well stop living under a rock.

impact?lmao if u dont want to look at charts mean then. 08311ebf32a73c3ee9349be3aad93a02.gif

imagine denying an impact a song has in the charts. also its flo not genie. an impact a song has can be clearly seen by what the gp prefers to listen to.

salts these days love embarrassing themselves

just making sure we're on the same page - by your standards it's possible to have 10+ national hits in one year? it's ok if that's your definition, then I'll know we just have different expectations for national hits.

• just making sure we're on the same page - by your standards it's possible to have 10+ national hits in one year? it's ok if that's your definition, then I'll know we just have different expectations for national hits.

10? :clown:lsg has been covered by many idols anyways such as weekly,solar,pentagon etc. super successful chart perfomance(15+ weeks in top 10)clearly shows the immense impact of a song has on the gp. this is how this national hit logic works. not just covers but charts matters the most. whistle also got covered a lot but its not a national hit. so using covers as the only sign is comical. only that songs qualify for this eight,dyna,any song,lsg,maria,aloha,hylt and slightly tipsy. its not even 10 lmfao. all have great longevity and peak.

• 10? :clown:lsg has been covered by many idols anyways such as weekly,solar,pentagon etc. super successful chart perfomance(15+ weeks in top 10)clearly shows the immense impact of a song has on the gp. this is how this national hit logic works. not just covers but charts matters the most. whistle also got covered a lot but its not a national hit. so using covers as the only sign is comical. only that songs qualify for this eight,dyna,any song,lsg,maria,aloha,hylt and slightly tipsy. its not even 10 lmfao. all have great longevity and peak.

yes but that's by subjective definition (charted in top 10 for 15 weeks, some idols have covered it) - what about songs like "summer again" or "VVS" which had explosive popularity and generated tons of variety show buzz even if their longevity was a little less (VVS longevity still holding strong right now tho). you also forgot "psycho" and "blueming" (a song that actually won a 2020 SOTY + won gaon's 2020 longevity charting award). That's well over 10+ songs.

• yes but that's by subjective definition (charted in top 10 for 15 weeks, some idols have covered it) - what about songs like "summer again" or "VVS" which had explosive popularity and generated tons of variety show buzz even if their longevity was a little less (VVS longevity still holding strong right now tho). you also forgot "psycho" and "blueming" (a song that actually won a 2020 SOTY + won gaon's 2020 longevity charting award). That's well over 10+ songs.

reality show songs never get into this category since every k fans know they are just never considered as a national hit and only became a hit due to constant drilling of the song into the gp's minds. vvs uls are dropping and will be out of top 5 soon. reality show songs never have huge longevity. this is the most basic thing. i cant believe u even asked me this. beach again never has longevity lmao.

psycho(mediocre longevity)and blueming are 2019 especially blueming . psycho is a huge hit but not a national one. dolphin is gonna achieve the national hit status in the near future if its chart performance remains the same. lsg is a national hit. no delulu,person or salty hater is gonna change the fact. end of the discussion. ciao. there is no subjective nor objective. its black and white. charts always symbolise what the gp is into. if u cant accept this reality then it aint my problem. 2018 alone had 10+ national hits. 2020 just has 8. so?whats ur point?there can be several national hits per year.not every year is dry like 2019

• reality show songs never get into this category since every k fans know they are just never considered as a national hit and only became a hit due to constant drilling of the song into the gp's minds. vvs uls are dropping and will be out of top 5 soon. reality show songs never have huge longevity. this is the most basic thing. i cant believe u even asked me this. beach again never has longevity lmao.

psycho(mediocre longevity)and blueming are 2019 especially blueming . psycho is a huge hit but not a national one. dolphin is gonna achieve the national hit status in the near future if its chart performance remains the same. lsg is a national hit. no delulu,person or salty hater is gonna change the fact. end of the discussion. ciao. there is no subjective nor objective. its black and white. charts always symbolise what the gp is into. if u cant accept this reality then it aint my problem. 2018 alone had 10+ national hits. 2020 just has 8. so?whats ur point?there can be several national hits per year.not every year is dry like 2019

can you name a single person in this thread who agreed "lovesick girls" is a national hit who isn't a blink lol. Who's more likely to be reaching in this scenario - the stans of one group or everyone else?

in my view a year usually has 3-4 national hits at most (usually less). i'm an IU fan and I don't even count blueming or eight as national hits lol

• can you name a single person in this thread who agreed "lovesick girls" is a national hit who isn't a blink lol. Who's more likely to be reaching in this scenario - the stans of one group or everyone else?

in my view a year usually has 3-4 national hits at most (usually less). i'm an IU fan and I don't even count blueming or eight as national hits lol

then i cant satisy ur delusions and ignorance. u can ask selfmate,massivekpopfan etc. truth is always harder to swallow wbk and blinks?lol. they were tellling the truth.

• then i cant satisy ur delusions and ignorance. u can ask selfmate,massivekpopfan etc. truth is always harder to swallow wbk and blinks?lol. they were tellling the truth.

that's why my first comment to you was to ask if your standards for national hit are low enough that technically 10+ songs could qualify for national hit in a year (which you answered yes, for 2018). we can agree to disagree without insulting the each other lol, you'll understand if you ever stop being so defensive.

blinks in this thread can use their own definitions for national hit, why get so mad that everyone else (most of whom aren't blind haters) have different standards? title

this thread (blinks only) then.

• that's why my first comment to you was to ask if your standards for national hit are low enough that technically 10+ songs could qualify for national hit in a year (which you answered yes, for 2018). we can agree to disagree without insulting the each other lol, you'll understand if you ever stop being so defensive.

blinks in this thread can use their own definitions for national hit, why get so mad that everyone else (most of whom aren't blind haters) have different standards? title

this thread (blinks only) then.

low standards?only the most delusional,dimwitted and ignorant would say 15+ weeks is low. urs is just straight comical. 3-4. my jaw hurts from laughing. there are many non blinks that agree with me. even some armies. it should have been logical people only then u wouldnt have come here.understand?i dont wanna lose anymore brain cells

i aint ready for this kind of tomfoolery. most of them arent?its very obvious that u know nothing.why are u even relating 2018 to 2020 now lmfao. hope u grow out of this :clown: phase soon. opinions by delulus doesnt matter anyways. so..

images (31).jpeg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!