Lovesick girls is a National HIT.

• Some people r using chart reform to say LSG is staying top10 for so long yet r forgetting how only 3 groups were able to get into top10 after the changes. Yes if your song enters top10 it'll stay over there for a long time. Using this to discredit lsg is dumb. Saying it's barely hanging on in top10 is nonsense.

Other than hitting #1 lsg has everything in the bag. Obviously it's not as big as cheer up. I haven't seen in blink claim it was.

it is. stats speak for themselves. cant wait lsg to break ls's record

also lsg isnt a hype song. its just like one of those sentimental songs through the night, jang's songs etc

• There is something known as Gallup survey too, for a national hit many things add up. Post reform it is easier for songs to stick on the chart. Even a Maria would have stayed in longer, just saying

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are we going to use only girl group songs for comparison and as a metric? Then what about Psycho, it should also be a national hit cause it did so well pre-reform. There are so many parameters for a song to be a national hit, everyone sees it differently but if there have been more impactful songs, how is the other song a national hit. Any Song and Eight alone were bigger, forget Dynamite if we take in post reform, and rarely anyone calls them national hits. Lovesick Girls is barely hanging in the bottom of top 10 on Melon. Even VVS' song performed better so will that be a national hit too?

that's not true, why do u all like to lie

If the public didn't like the song it could have drop during smtm season, the during Xmas and not CMB bc multiple song drop and didn't return to the same place but lsg did it

And it's still top10 4 months after been release, nothing hold a song there with no reason, if the ul of a song decrease to be eject them of top10 nothing will stop it but that didn't happen to lsg. Bp so have was less promo, didn't perform lsg or hylt in any award show or end of the year festival and still stay were it was months later

Also multiple years have multiple hits and nh and 2020 is not different

• I'm unbiased when it comes to this.

I dont stan either group ofc i have more preference to BP but still. I give my honest opinion. Lsg was below dynamite the whole way

You cant have 2 national hits at the same time. Lsg was unlucky.

But is Dynamite a "national" song to begin with? I dont think it qualifies, the more i think about it. It was a prepackaged American made song with English lyrics and references. It's no different than that Anna Marie song that was huge in Korea, but no matter how huge it got, no one really considers it a "national" hit.

• But is Dynamite a "national" song to begin with? I dont think it qualifies, the more i think about it. It was a prepackaged American made song with English lyrics and references. It's no different than that Anna Marie song that was huge in Korea, but no matter how huge it got, no one really considers it a "national" hit.

If korean music awards gave SOTYs to Dynamite, they must consider it as a korean song. They didn’t give any award to Anne Marie, didn’t they? Imagine wanting to erase Dynamite as korean pride just to let LSG wins? That is the pinnacle of reaching

:fingerk:

• If korean music awards gave SOTYs to Dynamite, they must consider it as a korean song. They didn’t give any award to Anne Marie, didn’t they? Imagine wanting to erase Dynamite as korean pride just to let LSG wins? That is the pinnacle of reaching

:fingerk:

He's so salty, it's hilarious.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Stop setting up the girls

a National hit is an undisputed no. 1 song of that era. we can't. even sustan no. 2.

it is such a reach. when people looked back at this era nobody will say LSG is a hit.

• the stats disgaree. plus its not a hype song for starters

No one said only hype songs can be a national hit. The stats you say? There are songs who are/were doing better. I personally, would even call call HYLT more of a national hit than LSG. Even though both are not really one. But let's just agree to disagree.

• No one said only hype songs can be a national hit. The stats you say? There are songs who are/were doing better. I personally, would even call call HYLT more of a national hit than LSG. Even though both are not really one. But let's just agree to disagree.

u were saying? https://mobile.twitter.com/BLACKPINKxMelon/status/1356800681009680385

https://mobile.twitter.com/MultiStan1327/status/1356230020482490371

have u been living in another planet is it?lsg outcharted every other gg song longevity wise

i definitely disagree with ur false opinion. dont expect an entire nation to sing through the night like cheer up . sentimental songs have their own impact. hylt is already the highest peaking gg song of 2020and has the 2nd best longevity after lsg. its already a national hit

• u were saying? https://mobile.twitter.com/BLACKPINKxMelon/status/1356800681009680385

https://mobile.twitter.com/MultiStan1327/status/1356230020482490371

have u been living in another planet is it?lsg outcharted every other gg song longevity wise

i definitely disagree with ur false opinion. dont expect an entire nation to sing through the night like cheer up . sentimental songs have their own impact. hylt is already the highest peaking gg song of 2020and has the 2nd best longevity after lsg. its already a national hit

To me personally a hit song is more about impact than charting. Cheer up for example skyrocketed Twice to the top for a very long time. Everyone and their mothers did "ShaShaSha". LSG didn't have that much of an impact. Even HYLT had more impact. Many covers, every 2nd girl copied Jennie's hair style and so on. But I guess to you a national hit is about charting. So let's just agree to disagree.

• To me personally a hit song is more about impact than charting. Cheer up for example skyrocketed Twice to the top for a very long time. Everyone and their mothers did "ShaShaSha". LSG didn't have that much of an impact. Even HYLT had more impact. Many covers, every 2nd girl copied Jennie's hair style and so on. But I guess to you a national hit is about charting. So let's just agree to disagree.

lmao again this aint a hype song. dont expect emotional songs such as sd,through the night,lsg,shampoo scent in the flowers etc to be hyped up. first learn how national hits like non hype songs work

impact?charting says it all and lets not act like lsg was never covered . charting is an impact a song has on the gp. its the fastest 2020 gg song to get 169k hearts and has the most hours in genie and flop(top3&5) gp preference says it all. it is still on flo and vibe. only delulus will disagree. bye

• I think people are misunderstanding 'National Hit'

It just means a song that's very popular and played everywhere, similar to Call Me Maybe, Shape of You, Uptown Funk, Havana, etc.

It doesn't even need to be No.1. Being a Top 5 song and staying there for over 2 months passes the bar with flying colors.

It's a song that's played all the time on radio and known by the GP.

The radio isn't going to just play ONE song 24/7. They're going to play many top songs, and you can bet you will hear the No.2 or No.3 songs being played just as much as the No.1 song.

• not y'all spitting BIASED OPINIONS when FACTS such as the charts are SCREAMING right at your face

again your opinions are not facts

LSG has the CHARTS and THE LONGEST GIRL GROUP song ever

despite SMTM songs

despite CHRISTMAS songs

despite IU comeback

despite no awards show performances

DESPITE all of those LSG managed to be the LONGEST STAYING GIRL GROUP SONG so keep your biased opinions to yourself

SHUT YOUR EFFIN MOUTH!!

• LSG only left the top 10 on the weekly chart for one week because of Christmas songs. On top of that, it was in the daily top 10 for the whole week except a day or two. The “recency effect” doesn’t make any sense because it was only surveyed for one period. Gallup does 3. July, September, and October. Once again, you’re trying to misconstrue information to downplay its success. Personally, I never declared it a national hit, but I bet if LSG was a BTS song, you would be calling it a national hit. A song doesn’t have to get a PAK, RAK, or even go #1 to be a national hit. That’s rules that fanbases make up. But LSG is certainly very successful. Every Day, Every Moment by Paul Kim is literally one of the most successful songs and it never reach #1. I can name several hits that didn’t hit #1 and are bigger than these so called “national hits”

You bring up low ULs, but all ULs aren’t that massive. Does that mean none of them are hits in comparison to older hits? You bring up songs staying longer in the top ten. What evidence do you have of this? Songs certainly have remained #1 longer, but what hits have lasted way longer in the top 10 in comparison? You’re using circumstantial evidence to downplay LSG.

this

• :pepe-cross:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!