What a surprise! Kabul falling to the Taliban

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Afghan President Ghani relinquishes power, Taliban form interim gov't
    Taliban insurgents entered Afghanistan’s capital Kabul and declared they expected to take power within days, promising to run the country more moderately...
    www.dailysabah.com

I see people saying they are surprised ANA folding to Taliban that soon just because of supposed air support from the American/NATO military. It's not that surprising if you follow reports of how USA is spending their money in "training" ANA and babysitting this farce of puppet government. This occupation was no more than a simple badly disguised racket. Sadly, I feel like American news will just keep dropping the balls about reporting this properly.

I have a long rant in my head, but it is useless to post it anywhere. My only naive hope is this isn't much effective for partisan discussion. It doesn't matter if it's any of the two only "options" in political parties have more fault than the other or who was the president who did worse. From the get go this was an ill-conceived invasion and the results speak for themself. Pretty sure some warhawk will be happy to suck the military industrial complex's dick and use this situation for future interventions.

• I think like "normal" people left/fled this country.

If the Taliban will cause a mess and will do stupid terrorist stuff again then big countries should just nuke them and I'm not talking about some small rockets, just nuke them hard, to wipe them out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If the Taliban will cause a mess and will do stupid terrorist stuff again then big countries should just nuke them and I'm not talking about some small rockets, just nuke them hard, to wipe them out.

You can't do that mate.

There are women and children there.

That's why they put boots on the ground.

But unfortunately it's the same story over and over with Iran and Iraq.

Religion is a cancer and should be eliminated.

• I don't know about religion

honestly here in Poland when there is mass murder or something similar it's rather because some alcoholic or drug addict snapped and killed his fam

but we don't have shootings like in the US, or terrorist bombings, etc.

so it's hard for me to say if religion is cancer, it's not like a man here can lock his wife in-home, or for example, one man can have 3-4 wives, shit like this ain't happening here.

• I don't know about religion

honestly here in Poland when there is mass murder or something similar it's rather because some alcoholic or drug addict snapped and killed his fam

but we don't have shootings like in the US, or terrorist bombings, etc.

so it's hard for me to say if religion is cancer, it's not like a man here can lock his wife in-home, or for example, one man can have 3-4 wives, shit like this ain't happening here.

I know, but the thing is I read the History of Religions when I was about 13 or so, again at 21 and again at 35.

It's written by a Romanian guy, quite smart guy I would say. (Mircea Eliade)

But I stand by the fact that religion is a cancer.

It is being used to manipulate masses, enforce a certain world view and just control the population through sheer fear. Of the devil , of hell, of whatever.

Less intelligent humans fall pray to this and as I said, it is a cancer.

• Taliban is very very shitty, but what is sadder for Afghans in general is they are the less shitty ones compared to warlords and the corrupt puppet government. Afghanistan was unstable since the Great Game. Taliban was the only group that gave that region some semblance of stability.

Some of shitty practices against woman and children were there before the Taliban and it is basically still part of the culture of some groups in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is a clusterfucks of different groups since forever and not taking that into account was the downfall of any pitiful attempt of having a puppet state there like the same situation in Iraq. Saddam was a shitty despicable human being, but he was keeping Iraq together.

There is no fixing from outsiders. The Afghans should be left alone to sort their things up. They will probably just become like Pakistan without nukes and cash. Pakistan does lot of the same shitty practices and no external power bats an eye against them. They birthed the Taliban basically, so not a surprise.

The best future Afghanistan has now is whatever government Taliban shapes for themselves makes it stable enough to attract investments from China as the area would be crucial for their Silk Road plan. That area is a hassle to tame, but it is still a precious strategic geopolitical region to every power player in the region. Hope every single player choose a different approach on how to benefit from such a power vacuum.

• All I'm going to say is if you want the material wealth of Afghanistan you're going to have to suck up to the Taliban pretty sure other nations won't be able to prevent their greed for long so it's going to be trade deals or war.

• Good News Afghanistan is reverting back to it's natural state. Only Frustration was thinking Afghans would want to defend a Free Society. Alas Lesson learned some people just want to be lorded over by Dictators or Religious fanatics.

Deja Vu - Helicopters have changed but the Crisis remains the same. Referring to the Fall of Saigon. The same emergency evacuation of US Embassy using helicopters.

I think the US is going to be very relieved their off the hook defending the place. If there was any effort made by the Afghan People to fight off the Taliban, the US would still be involved.

• Religion can't be eliminated it is human nature. There are many "non religious" people their religion is just in another form ideologies like Communism, Nationalism etc. Hell some of the people on here have a religious devotion to celeberties.

Dogma and spirituality is everywhere in human society

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Religion can't be eliminated it is human nature. There are many "non religious" people except their religion is just another form such as ideology like Communism, Nationalism etc Hell some of the people on here have a religious devotion to celeberties.

Yes, I understand that and I feel sorry for them.

All those rhetoric's are only made to keep them in line, obedient and silent.

Don't do this or you go to hell, don' do that or you go to Commi jail etc.

We do need a fair justice system and a right and wrong for our actions.

I love chaos, but not that much. Too many stupid people to let chaos and lawlessness free in the world.

• The world is a balance between order and chaos and every day we risk collapsing into the abyss. Either too much order or too much chaos.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• The world is a balance between order and chaos and every day we risk collapsing into the abyss. Either too much order or too much chaos.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster. For when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• No. It was Nietsche. I'm a moron.

I need to read him lol but I keep putting it off lol

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

The US armed the Mujahideen in Afghanistan to fight their proxy war against the soviets during the 70s. The CIA has a long history of funding fascist jihadi organizations from Al Qaeda, ETIM to ISIS for regime change missions so it's imperative to understand the origins of the Taliban instead of toeing the false 'democracies vs terrorists' narrative which the media is propagating.

• I still don't get what America were doing there for 20 years. They went after bin Laden who had likely fled to the mountains or another country, then invaded Iraq for bantz or something and then killed bin Laden in Pakistan. Surely by having 2 wars and the man thought to be behind 911 dead it was the time to pull out?

I guess in the end it didn't matter, the Afghan gov and army never gave a shit about protecting their country, the just wanted someone else to do it. I was really shocked how easily the Taliban were advancing. Then it became clear that weren't advancing, they were literally being allowed in like guests.

Everything about the last 20 years in Afghanistan was a total and utter waste for everyone involved.

The worst part will how those that enjoyed more freedom and prosperity especially women will have to go back to a life of oppression as 2nd rate citizens.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!