What a surprise! Kabul falling to the Taliban

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure how to take it. Taliban seems a bit softer in terms of position as they are offering very lenient terms compared to their past behaviors. They started as basically a Pashtun nationalism + extreme Islamism similar to Al Qaeda and Wahhabism, but over the years they have been accepting other ethnic groups into their fold. I'd like to hope they evolved a bit and wanna participate in the international order or it seems like their plan is to have this image of legitimacy not just internally but abroad as well.

I don't buy them giving "equality" according to their interpretation of Sharia law to women. They are also anti-culture and science like restricting efforts to fight covid, destroying historical artifacts, and banning music and TV.

Let's see how it plays out. However, I fear that their influence may bring instability to neighboring regions. Hope they don't have ambitions of exporting their ideology outside Afghanistan and just try to focus on rebuild their nation even if its under a theocratic regime. After all we tolerate places like Saudi Arabia, for instance.

Refugee crisis in Europe could also become worse. Iran has like 3 millions (like 2 millions aren't documented) or so and they aren't in great shape. Tajikistan and Uzbekistan could take Turkic Afghans, but they are also on tight ropes. At least Tajikistan is kinda open to get some thousands while Uzbekistan seems less willing. Turkey surely will not take more Afghans as they are hold like 4 million Syrians and hundred of thousands of Afghans already. It is just a horrible situation to everyone.

• I wasnt even born when Taliban took control in the 90's. but from what I have heard they were oppressive, and rather barbaric.

I know a few Afghani people, and they are worried. even the religious muslims are worried, because the Taliban dont give humans their basic right, by islamic standards.

they do implement islamic law, but on an extrme level and give swift punishments without actual proof. which isnt allowed islmaically. also women education and a lack of good healthcare. Afghanis with chronic illnesses are forced to travel to other countries to get treatment. now you cant tell me that this all islamically permissable.

Apparently they have changed, but we will see if they follow on their promises.

• Viewing religion that way is pretty shortsighted.

• But unfortunately it's the same story over and over with Iran and Iraq.

Religion is a cancer and should be eliminated.

For all three countries, there is also another common denominator aside from the religion ;-)

• Refugee crisis in Europe could also become worse. Iran has like 3 millions (like 2 millions aren't documented) or so and they aren't in great shape. Tajikistan and Uzbekistan could take Turkic Afghans, but they are also on tight ropes. At least Tajikistan is kinda open to get some thousands while Uzbekistan seems less willing. Turkey surely will not take more Afghans as they are hold like 4 million Syrians and hundred of thousands of Afghans already. It is just a horrible situation to everyone.

I think the main shit-stirrer should be responsible and absorb the refugees.

• This whole Afghanistan and Taliban situation just reminded once again, that no amount of foreign help can save a country when the countries own government doesn’t even try the bare minimum to protect their own people.

The way they could advance so fast and with literally no obstacles already makes it look like the government was an accomplice.

• It’s not about other things than money.

Why else would China be interested in Taliban?

Typical: send in sovjet first, then America and then China comes to the rescue(ish).

Lithium, opium, gold, iton, copper you name it.

Wth didn’t America strike a deal with Taliban instead?

pasted-from-clipboard.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!