yall might hate me for this

• this is a sensitive topic right now so im going to do my best to articulate my words in a way that doesnt come off as harmful is any way.

the ALM movement has be spiking recently due to recent racial attacks around the US. due to the activism, the movement has seen the light of day and new voices are being heard. but along with those voices there are also things that are being said that i just cant align myself with.

sometimes (or most) when someone is talking about ALM the conversation shifts and turns into “give this the same attention you did BLM” and that really urks me. as a black person my self i feel like i cant support ALM becuase of statements like these and also the anti-blackness in the asian community. also the movement just feels like a slap in the face after california donated over 1 million dollars to the cause. whule thats great and all what do black people get. i dont want this to turn into a “race war” but black people have been suffering for over 5 centuries and has not seen one nickel or dime for our struggle. it seems so wierd to me that everyone was so quick to help this certain group over another especially in the beginning of the movement (mainstream wise). while i dont want anything bad to happen to the asian community. everytime i hear about ALM i get a bad connotation. even during the riots i didnt see any of them help in the protest...theres may have been a few but i know for a fact it wasnt the whole community. to me ALM is for the right cause...but it just feels so backhanded everytime i hear about it

• this is a sensitive topic right now so im going to do my best to articulate my words in a way that doesnt come off as harmful is any way.

the ALM movement has be spiking recently due to recent racial attacks around the US. due to the activism, the movement has seen the light of day and new voices are being heard. but along with those voices there are also things that are being said that i just cant align myself with.

sometimes (or most) when someone is talking about ALM the conversation shifts and turns into “give this the same attention you did BLM” and that really urks me. as a black person my self i feel like i cant support ALM becuase of statements like these and also the anti-blackness in the asian community. also the movement just feels like a slap in the face after california donated over 1 million dollars to the cause. whule thats great and all what do black people get. i dont want this to turn into a “race war” but black people have been suffering for over 5 centuries and has not seen one nickel or dime for our struggle. it seems so wierd to me that everyone was so quick to help this certain group over another especially in the beginning of the movement (mainstream wise). while i dont want anything bad to happen to the asian community. everytime i hear about ALM i get a bad connotation. even during the riots i didnt see any of them help in the protest...theres may have been a few but i know for a fact it wasnt the whole community. to me ALM is for the right cause...but it just feels so backhanded everytime i hear about it

Yeah when i saw all teh crap going on
    my heart sank
    i have a friend from Japan
    a friend from Korea
    and a friend that was adopted from China
    one of my fav youtubers that lives in the USA he is Korean
    i wish i could take to social media and start showing support for them and donate for them on the charity streams
    i even supported my Korean and Japanese friend last night!
    its just so heart breking to see this shit happen!
    and i felt like this needed to be brought up!
    lets do what we can to protect them!
    :lover3::waterr::lover3::waterr::lover3::waterr::lover3:

• i hope he stays safe...its so sad to see whats going on right now

• ph i didnt know what it was called so i generalized and thats on me...i wasnt saying how much they raised was bad...im not complaining about the money...im saying a whole states gave a group “reparations” and the 90 million that BLM raised was just based on community

• well by that logic all other non black poc shouldn't support blm, let's be honest here do u really think that black ppl can't be racist? because they can and THEY ARE towards other poc. it works both ways also btw most of the "asian communities" y'all r talking abt are the ppl living in east asia aka not subjected to the same shit asian americans go through, as far as i know the ones in the west r the ones that r suffering.

btw, everyone that isn't a white west european faced oppression one way or another, some facing it for several centuries so let's not make this serious issue a contest about who suffered more and who's a bigger victim

i never said anything about being racist and i never said anything about east asians...the “asian communities” im talking are in america and i also know racism works both ways

in the black community there are racist people even tho they dont want to admit it or feel as if they have a right to be so

my intent was to never make this a “competition” they fact that you thought that shows that my words werent as clear as i made them out to be

• You obviously made it a "competition" by saying black people faced centuries of racial discrimination and downplaying the racism Asians in America have been facing since the 1800s. Please be cautious of how you word things. This isn't a joke.

also mever said it was a joke and i didnt downplay anything...ill further explain what i meant since it wasnt so clear

it weird to me how california gave the movement over 1 million dollars while the black, indigenous, and many other communities have been asking for reparations for a long while now...its not just black people...if you give to one mind as well give to all

• hmm it does seem i was wrong...thank you for debating with me i have a new view of things now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!