Seungri has been sentenced to 3 years in prison for prostitution mediation and overseas gambling

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• on topic:

That one account of the pastor finding out what happened to the teenage youth that disappeared is so heartbreaking. Someone posted it earlier in the thread. That might haunt me. Seungri being involved in something like that no matter the capacity and he only got 3 years is so weird i can't even. It's disappointing and depressing. I would actually argue since he is so high profile they should've come down harder on him to serve as an example for the rest of the same trash.

Edit: that post is gone now but my point still stands. I don't remember who posted it but i hope you post it again.

You can argue about semantics until you're blue but the fact of the matter is they had enough evidence to convict him of being a mediator of prositution. That alone tell me he's an awful person who thinks the lowest of women.

Yes the other rap*sts should've also gotten much harsher sentences. I blame Korea's laws and how they think about women in general.

Off topic: I'm glad mods are cleaning up comments but I'm also glad that you're actively trying not to police people. Kudos to you guys!

• they're not exactly deleted, I just moved the thread to a staff only section. So we have all the comments there for record, warnings and etc.

I just moved it because, the topic was becoming about users, and not the topic which is against the rules, so I reposted the same topic so users can still discuss the breaking news and hopefully doesn't do the same thing.

I mean you can ofc do that but it’s quite contradictory to what you said in the now invisible thread that mods didn’t want to “police discussions”.

Most comments in the beginning was not about users, it was about the topic given and now they’re gone...

Maybe make a general statement of new rules and how they apply cause otherwise I think confusion will only lead to frustration

• how tf does pimping get less time than smoking weed in that country???

because smoking weed is taking money out of the economy and giving it to other countries who are supplying.

While pimping is 'only' about trafficking women who are seen as less then humans in SK law.

They need to change the law that's for sure. But if any group of women ask for it they are called feminists and shunned from society.

• how tf does pimping get less time than smoking weed in that country???

exactly this lmao, one of them causes harms to others while the other doesn't.. like it's so weird how demonized weed is in Korea when alcohol is such a big part of their culture

• Just so you understand where I am coming for:

• that's actually so sick and evil... I can't believe the fact that criminals can get away so easily in korea for doing this stuff....

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• What that guy did could be seen as attempt murder. This goes beyond rape!

• I remember there was this message which indicated seungri saying “it will be okay because this police has our protection” something like that. This was way back when it all started. They somehow covered this up considering this would have been even more bigger national issue.

• so, there was a thread that got deleted and sadly i didn't find out who are seungri supporters. sigh.

once again, a thread got deleted or locked because mods don't want to moderate. i find i'm wasting time discussing hot topics because i know that will eventually happen. it's really discouraging. yes, i still haven't moved on from "permission to dance, bop or flop" thread who got locked while i was replying to a post, because mods got tired of seeing it.

on topic: i'm glad he got anything, i thought he would walk free. this is a country that gives suspended sentences for rape, after all.

• that's actually so sick and evil... I can't believe the fact that criminals can get away so easily in korea for doing this stuff....

Their view of women….😩.

A few years back they had a case called Myriang gang rapes. 41 young men gangraped school girls and got off without a sentence.

Miryang gang rape - Wikipedia

Everything is about the way they view women.

Seungri got off too easy. He was convicted of gambling and prostitution - but he was a member of a chatroom where they shared videos of womrn being raped in that club.

Who knows what else he did.

How can they defend that and blame the women???

Edited once, last by Millano ().

• Secrets of nightlife in Gangnam revealed by one book - Ewha Voice
    Seoul’s affluent Gangnam district was not as prestigious as people thought, according to a novel published early this year in February entitled “Made in…
    evoice.ewha.ac.kr

About that man who went undercover in Gangnam.

Sick

• Exactly. It's just really sickening, even with how korean men talk about women and the feminism movement reflects the justice systems punishment regarding criminals and their assault against women. It makes me so upset that a lot of women have to fear knowing that their assaulter can walk free in only a couple years when they should be in jail for the rest of their lives.

• The people who wanted different result and hoping for him to get away been calling him a scapegoat? Is he really? He's guilty and what's the difference between his sentence and his friends? 1 year difference?. That's not worth much to call him a scape goat. And this is a case that has been dragged on for almost 3 years and everyones forgotten it and yg stocks are at an alltime high. Seungri is nowhere close to being a scapegoat imo. Theres no real justice that has been carried out regarding burning sun not even in seungri's case.

• Exactly. It's just really sickening, even with how korean men talk about women and the feminism movement reflects the justice systems punishment regarding criminals and their assault against women. It makes me so upset that a lot of women have to fear knowing that their assaulter can walk free in only a couple years when they should be in jail for the rest of their lives.

They look like angels though….

I heard as well that some girls are working in those bars to pay off the money entertainment agencies spent on them as idol trainees.

So they get nothing until their debt is paid and if they don’t make it big in the group - this is a way they can pay it back.

No wonder the suicide rate is high among girls. And their birth rate is low.

All this molka and exploitation man…they invest so much in tourism - fix these things and we’ll visit.

Edited once, last by Millano ().

• Kai? I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't think Kai has even been accused of anything remotely close to this.

Do you mean Kris Wu, a guy who left EXO and K-pop 7 years ago?

Anyway, I don't think this is exclusively a K-pop problem. I think it's a problem with people in positions of fame and fortune due to the access they have. Moreover, it's a global problem of men exploiting and using women.

Wu, yeah wrong name.

I always mix lots of name up.

I blame Kai for having an easy to remember name

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Yeah I've seen that too, a lot of girl group members have to work part time to pay off the debt from their company. It's really unfair, it just shows how kpop trainees and idols barely have any protection from the unfair treatment by companies. I've heard that the birth rate is low because a lot of men have too high standards of women and most young adults think having kids is a burden since it interferes with their jobs. I really haven't seen any big improvement in korea in terms of the treatment of women, it's just messed up. It sucks because I know a lot of kpop fans romanticize Korea like it's the best country ever, when in reality it is very messed up.

This 9muses documentary really opened my eyes to the extent that females have to go through in kpop in comparison to male kpop idols, it's really sad to see how the company was so abusive to them.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!