Top Idol It-Girls Throughout The Years (2007 - 2021)

• Since I am not too familiar with the first generation of idols, this list will only include girls that came from the 2nd generation or younger. These are the girls that became household names, that became almost as big as their own group. Being popular with CFs isn't enough, as these it-girls were CF, Music, TV, and Variety stars all in one. These are the female idols that from my own experience became house-hold names in Korea for more than just their music. I will include the years in which they were heavily promoted and seen as some of the biggest stars Korea had to offer.

Sohee from the Wonder Girls

2007 - 2011

Yoona from Girls' Generation

2008 - 2013

Sulli from f(x)

2009 - 2012

Suzy from Miss A

2012 - present

Hyeri from Girl's Day

2014 - 2016

Seolhyun from AOA

2015 - 2018

Hani from Exid

2015-2016

Irene from Red Velvet

2016-2019

Jennie from BLACKPINK

2018-present

Hwasa from MAMAMOO

2018-present

Honorable Mention :

UEE After School

Hara KARA

Jiyeon T-ARA

Naeun APINK

Sana TWICE

As for 4th gen , its still way too early (or safe to say theres still no one that deserve to be called as an it girls

Keep in mind that the years I have given don't mean they stopped being successful after that, just that they weren't as trendy as before. What do you think of this list? Should I add / remove anyone?

PS : before you reply with some of your faves, please make sure that whoever you ask me to add is actually a house-hold name, and seen as one of Korea's top stars.

• Hwasa has literally been one of the most influential names in recent years and her realm of popularity extends to even older people, not just the youths and she doesn’t even get an honourable mention? :melon_think:

• I would put Krystal instead of Sulli, overall seems accurate

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Umm...hwasa?

She's literally been called it girl, our queen hwasa by the sk media for years now and has a gazillion cfs both luxury and normal cuz she often sells out things on a national scale!

Yoonas dominance continued for a lot longer than 2013 she's still topping ideal type amongst idols in 2020.

Jennie was doing pretty good even before solo came out in 2018 tbh she was invited to High profile events starring yoona, gd back in 2017 and was announced as a channel Ambassador in 2018. After solo Jennie hairpins were trending 2 on naver and ofc yall know the rest.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Im Not to familiar with 2nd gen but Kang sora and jiyeon needs to be up there too ig.

• Hwasa is definitely It Girl i forgot to add her on the list lmao . Added now XD

• You left out Taeyeon (as usual). She's a bona fide household name.

Girl was having smash hit OST’s from debut, was regularly chosen for TV and radio hosts, extremely popular both among fans and public with Cfs/mags/etc, obviously very successful solo career. She did all that without going the usual it girl route of mainly relying on her good looks, a huge rarity as a lot of female solo idols don't fare well or last long at all

Yoona never stopped being an IT girl. She has always been a endorsement machine and over the last few years a movie star (2 smash hits under her belt, with a possible 3rd coming soon).

• I think Krystal needs to be added here. She was just as popular if not more than Sulli during their peak days. She had both public recognition AND the biggest fanbase in F(x). She had many CF's, endorsements, magazine covers, appeared in many popular variety shows and starred in a couple of popular dramas, The Heirs being one of them. She always trended for her fashion too. Both Sulli and Krystal were IT girls imo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!