Who is the center of IDLE?

• face of the group is kind of like mix of visual + speaker + good variety skills, all of that = Yuqi

center is based solely on captivating face expressions & dance moves = Soyeon

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• face of the group is kind of like mix of visual + speaker + good variety skills, all of that = Yuqi

center is based solely on captivating face expressions & dance moves = Soyeon

Oh really? Afair the center/fotg thing became a huge thing bc of Yoona and SNSD. They have designated variety and speaker members and afair it’s definitely not Yoona.

Center and FOTG for me is what defines the group, imo. In earlier years, Yoona defined SNSD snd its concept. Soyeon, imo, does in (G)-Idle.

That said, ive always thought Yuqi is main vocals along with miyeon + their variety member.

• Wait center/face of the group in my dictionary. What’s urs?

I don't really have a definition of mine as I mostly don't care about these labels. But based on what I can see, Yuqi is seen as the face of the group due to her overall popularity, her general friendliness and ability to be at ease with everyone in all circumstances. Thus she's the best ambassador and spokesperson for the group, hence the position of face.

Soyeon being the center of the group is set since day one; she's the leader, the most charismatic member, plus she quickly evolved into the main songwriter of the group.

To put it shortly, Soyeon is the center as she's the most noticeable member on stage; Yuqi is the face as she's the friendliest/most likable member off stage. Something like that.

• Oh really? Afair the center/fotg thing became a huge thing bc of Yoona and SNSD. They have designated variety and speaker members and afair it’s definitely not Yoona.

Center and FOTG for me is what defines the group, imo. In earlier years, Yoona defined SNSD snd its concept. Soyeon, imo, does in (G)-Idle.

That said, ive always thought Yuqi is main vocals along with miyeon + their variety member.

person can be center and face of the group in same time :)

but it's not the case here

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• person can be center and face of the group in same time :)

but it's not the case here

But i thought the terminology was even more homogenized now that produce made it formulaic… they use FOTG/center almost interchangeably.

Would you agree then that Sakura is FOTG of Iz*one just because she has more popularity all throughout (AKB + Iz*one). Because I personally think FOTG was Wonyoung because the concepts are centered around her.

• But i thought the terminology was even more homogenized now that produce made it formulaic… they use FOTG/center almost interchangeably.

Would you agree then that Sakura is FOTG of Iz*one just because she has more popularity all throughout (AKB + Iz*one). Because I personally think FOTG was Wonyoung because the concepts are centered around her.

I would rather say that Yena is face of the group

Sakura's popularity kind of was fading away the longer the group was activ

• isn't soyeon the most popular because of k/da?

I don't think she is. Soyeon stans often complain that her fancams are among the least viewed on youtube among the members for example. People who know Soyeon through K/DA only actually don't really know her that much. Outside the k-pop community, I think people know her as the Akali girl and that's it.

Within the k-pop community, it seems to me she's more respected than popular. I'm not saying she's not popular at all, only that she's not the most popular.

• I would rather say that Yena is face of the group

Naaah, sakura has so much public recognition, whether positive or negative, she always get the littlest of attention. Even her post-graduation is basically a rumour mill in both korea and international.

But I see you did stick to ur definition. I think I’m leaning more into Produce’s (which I believe is SM’s and the rest of the industry’s definition as well).

• I don't think she is. Soyeon stans often complain that her fancams are among the least viewed on youtube among the members. People who know Soyeon through K/DA only actually don't really know her that much. Outside the k-pop community, I think people know her as the Akali girl and that's it.

Within the k-pop community, it seems to me she's more respected than popular. I'm not saying she's not popular at all, only that she's not the most popular.

Dw, afaik, that’s also the case of Apink’s Eunji. Fancam views is fandom popularity except on rare cases of viral fancams. There’s a reason why Soyeon is respected, she has the most public presence out of idle members. In fact, you’d almost always have to mention Soyeon when it’s about G-idle, imo.

In that sense, i believe Soyeon is a great FOTG as she enhances her team and their overall image without outright gettingso much spotlight.

• I would rather say that Yena is face of the group

Hum

I should yena is best entertainer but yujin is better for speak the script well she is mc sbs now

Sakura is known veteran idol and japanese it girl,now she get graduation on hkb48 but yes she had lost little bit her hype, wonyoung can depassed her so she did that with her huge popularity in korea china now international add recently wonyoung get 1 M followers on Instagram account in less 1 Month .

We forget minju is center with wonyoung in 2020-2021 go see her screentime and lines

I should said izone members have special place with many talents

They re really perfect gg for me

Edited 4 times, last by izoniee ().

• I was today years old when learning that Yuqi is the center or face of the group.

I don't stan Idle but as far as I knew "face" of the group is the member that comes to mind when people (specifically even non fans) think of a group and can be (but not always) the same as center. I think that person is Soyeon. She's know as the writer and producer and her voice is very distinct. When most people, especially non-fans or the general public think of Idle, I'm pretty sure Soyeon is among the top therefore making her the face. Beside Soyeon I've always heard people mention Shuhua, Soojin, Minnie and Miyeon much more (especially in Korea). As far as I know Yuqi doesn't get talked about that often.

If China is the only reason she can be considered the "face" then by that Logic is Lay not the face of EXO? Is WinWin not the face of NCT?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!