Who is the center of IDLE?

• I don't stan Idle but as far as I knew "face" of the group is the member that comes to mind when people (specifically even non fans) think of a group and can be (but not always) the same as center. I think that person is Soyeon. She's know as the writer and producer and her voice is very distinct. When most people, especially non-fans or the general public think of Idle, I'm pretty sure Soyeon is among the top therefore making her the face. Beside Soyeon I've always heard people mention Shuhua, Soojin, Minnie and Miyeon much more (especially in Korea). As far as I know Yuqi doesn't get talked about that often.

If China is the only reason she can be considered the "face" then by that Logic is Lay not the face of EXO? Is WinWin not the face of NCT?

I think it's simpler than that. Or more complicated? I'm not sure. The fact is, for many media outlets, Yuqi is considered the face of the group due to her solo appearances in reality and variety shows like Ask Us Anything, Law of the Jungle, Learn Way and such.

Basically, to be the face of a group, you have to actually be visible more than the others, whether through TV appearances, acting gigs or commercial deals. Soyeon doesn't fit this criteria. People can see her when (G)I-DLE promotes and perform but she vanishes soon afterwards.

That's how I understand it but again, I don't think it's that important.

• Wait center/face of the group in my dictionary. What’s urs?

Btw, for context here’s Apink. Naeun is visual and the most popular, but Eunji is still the designated center/FOTG atleast on their early days.

Sometimes it can differ!

For T-ara, Jiyeon was the face of the group but more often Boram was the center for photos and stages because she's the shortest member!

~ ω

• When i think of Center, i think dance formations. Which girl had the most time as the center of the dance formations?

When i think of Face of the Group, i think of both visual promo as well as live promo. So who do you see the most when Izone is promoting?

And i agree, Minju was definitely being promoted a ton, she is center in a lot of their dance formations.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!